Skip to main content
Topic: KAYO (Read 17438 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: KAYO

Reply #45
It is probably because you got corrupt DNS settings on your laptop, you might have some software (often security software) that has hijacked your laptop and is routing data to you via a VPN or some other network. So Kayo thinks you are not where you are!

Sometimes it will be because your home router settings are corrupted, and that hardware needs a reboot. But if the iPad was working it's probably the laptop. Too many hibernations since the last reboot is a common problem.

No, I’m sure that it was just that the NBN was having an off day.  We have a fixed wireless connection and it has its moments 🙁

The iPad lost the “live” coverage too.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #46
I sometimes like to wait half an hour after the coverage starts when watching games on Kayo.  Then I start from the beginning and can fast forward the ads or crappy pregame segments if i wanna.

Reply #47
Having a Telstra mobile and getting AFL live pass for free I just cast it to the TV.......

Reply #48
Having a Telstra mobile and getting AFL live pass for free I just cast it to the TV.......

Interesting EB. That must be relatively new as that feature wasn't available a couple of years ago. In fact you could only get a phone sized screen even on an Ipad.
'

Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #49
Interesting EB. That must be relatively new as that feature wasn't available a couple of years ago. In fact you could only get a phone sized screen even on an Ipad.
'

Check your PM's Cookie...

Reply #50
Yep I do this too.

It wont let you cast the phone then start the stream, but there is a loophole where they cant quite close off that I think EB1 has cottoned to.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #51
I wonder if the delay is to discourage viewers from turning the volume down and listening to the radio coverage 🤔

My other beef with Kayo is making viewers sit through far too long of three ex-footballers and an ex-basketballer pretending to be comedians before showing the club song 😡
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #52
Yep I do this too.

It wont let you cast the phone then start the stream, but there is a loophole where they cant quite close off that I think EB1 has cottoned to.

HI Thryleon and EB. Would you mind sharing this please. A PM will be fine thanks.

A couple of questions.

I have a work phone that is on the Optus network, however we are are a Telstra connected house. Would this make any difference to been able to cast from my phone to the TV?

Reply #53
I have a work phone that is on the Optus network, however we are are a Telstra connected house. Would this make any difference to been able to cast from my phone to the TV?
Having Telstra internet or any Telstra mobile at home means you should be getting AFL via Telstra's own apps, if you only have a Telstra landline phone it doesn't count. I know this because I switched from Tesltra internet but kept the Telstra landline via NBN, but I don't get AFL or other streaming.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #55
Not if its an iphone. I found only Android phones allow you to do that or has something changed.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #57
Not sure about Iphone's, I use an android phone and like I said my TV is also android.
My BIL with an android can stream to my smart tv, iphones dont allow it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #58
Sorry guys, but can i have someone advise on costs for Kayo. Im a telstra customer and i saw a $5 per month deal which i applied for but then when logging in on my iphone it wont let me watch a live game as it says you need full access which is $25 per month

Is the $25 per month the going rate?

Reply #59
Sorry guys, but can i have someone advise on costs for Kayo. Im a telstra customer and i saw a $5 per month deal which i applied for but then when logging in on my iphone it wont let me watch a live game as it says you need full access which is $25 per month

Is the $25 per month the going rate?

$25 is the going rate, however depending on your Telstra plan you can get the “basic” Kayo for either $5 or $15 for 12 months.
If you had the afl live pass, you should be entitled to the $5 deal.
I also had dramas getting it, I went to the Telstra store twice, they got me connected, but you can’t tack the $5 onto your phone bill, you’ll need to plug your cc into their (kayo’s) system, then everything unlocks for you.
Ps
The difference between the two Kayo packages is only the number of concurrent live streams... the basic gives you 3 and the premium gives you 5 (I think) I think you can setup 5 profiles within your account (to focus your preferred sports to you).
Let’s go BIG !