Skip to main content
Topic: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 5: Carlton vs Western BUlldogs (Read 27810 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre-Game Pressure: AFL 2019 Rd 5: Carlton vs Western BUlldogs

Reply #105
I agree. The problem is he could also be a gun outside mid. So it's another of those robbing Peter to pay me scenarios.

Yep. We need to fix that MF asap and Fisher is important to that end.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #106
I agree. The problem is he could also be a gun outside mid. So it's another of those robbing Peter to pay me scenarios.

If you were pocketing the profit PaulP I'd be happy to pay it, but I fear the lot grabbing the loot will only waste it!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #107
can we play ED as the player he is a TAGGER and nothing else and can we add some quick players against footscray

Reply #108
can we play ED as the player he is a TAGGER and nothing else and can we add some quick players against footscray

Luke Hodge was saying last week that the tagger is dead.

I agree ED cant do much else, but perhaps there is a reason why we arent using him to tag.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #109
Interesting isn't it:

1.Gibbons - played out of (best) position
2.  Garlett - played out of (best) position
3. Ed C - played out of (best) position
4. Charlie C - played out of (best) position (arguably) -  what is his best position?
5. Murph - what is his best position (these days)?

Again, perhaps too much is being over thought?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #110
Luke Hodge was saying last week that the tagger is dead.

I agree ED cant do much else, but perhaps there is a reason why we arent using him to tag.

Not quite dead Thry - a couple of coaches are persisting with a tagger.  Perhaps “terminally ill” would cover the situation.

I thought Ed was one of our better players in the last half when his running ability got him too contests and into space when many players on both teams were flagging.  At this stage I’m quite happy to see Ed split his time between the midfield and forward line.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #111
If you were pocketing the profit PaulP I'd be happy to pay it, but I fear the lot grabbing the loot will only waste it!

That'll be $1000 thanks. Delivered to my letter box, clean, unmarked bills, in (what else) a brown paper bag, the official packaging of the CFC.

Reply #112
I think we're all pretty aware that you don't have to be off your game by much at this level to lose.

I suspect our first win this year will come when a team looks at our ladder position and doesn't take account of the fact we've been in games for long periods.
Opposition coaches will no doubt be careful to emphasise the dangers in these games.
I know many folk hate the term....but this is a 'danger game' for the Bulldogs.

Reply #113
I think we're all pretty aware that you don't have to be off your game by much at this level to lose.

I suspect our first win this year will come when a team looks at our ladder position and doesn't take account of the fact we've been in games for long periods.
Opposition coaches will no doubt be careful to emphasise the dangers in these games.
I know many folk hate the term....but this is a 'danger game' for the Bulldogs.

Yes, many are saying it's a very even competition.

The boys on Pick A Winner both predicting a Doggies win, but saying CFC have really improved.

Reply #114
For some reason I cannot explain, I have a feeling there is going to be a very different feel about the Blues this week.  Last week's horror may actually be the pinpoint time we will all remember that this side started to come of age.

Fingers crossed.....
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #115
For some reason I cannot explain, I have a feeling there is going to be a very different feel about the Blues this week.  Last week's horror may actually be the pinpoint time we will all remember that this side started to come of age.

Fingers crossed.....
Gee I really hope so! Last week was diabolical!

Reply #116
Interesting isn't it:

1.Gibbons - played out of (best) position
2.  Garlett - played out of (best) position
3. Ed C - played out of (best) position
4. Charlie C - played out of (best) position (arguably) -  what is his best position?
5. Murph - what is his best position (these days)?

Again, perhaps too much is being over thought?

I don't think you're 'over thinking' there at all, 77. Very important observations.

Charlie - on-ball or high leading forward... up to the wings etc.

Murph - small forward.

Doesn't BB preach playing people to their strengths?
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #117
The longer this week has gone and the more commentary I have heard about us (and there has been a heap), I feel that the general  consensus is that we are not as bad as we might think we are and that with a few minor tweaks, the inclusion of a couple of key players and an ounce of luck, things could turn quite quickly. Not necessarily to push for top 8, but to show the improvement that we are all looking for

No more close finishes, us by 17 points. 

Reply #118

Fingers crossed.....

Funny you should say that.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I actually thought there was a great deal to like about the way we played against the GCS... except for the breathtaking brain fades and skill errors. I really thought we were at least a 5 goal better side, probably more.

IF BB & his fellow coaches can go into this game against the Dishlickers, not hoping for a win but rather anticipating thrashing their opponents then the potential of this group may just click... but they need the reins loosened and to be given permission to be ruthless and have the confidence from the coaching group that they can work out how bludgeon the Doggies themselves.

None of this namby pamby 'we don't set a ceiling'. Bullsh*t, set a clearly defined expectation... a bloody big, impressive win...

The coaching group must instill in these blokes the confidence that they are ready, ready to rip an opponent apart. Feed their ambition, confidence and ruthlessness. From what I saw against the GCS, this lot wants to break loose/free. They play like they're burdened and confused by instructions/theories.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #119
@Baggers
They play like they're nervous Baggers, jittery players make mistakes.
Reality always wins in the end.