Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Discussion Round 15 Carlton vs GWS at Metricon. (Read 9539 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Discussion Round 15 Carlton vs GWS at Metricon.

Reply #45
Kelly a definite out for GWS.

Cripps no certainty.

McGovern available and Weiters likely.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #46
Kelly a definite out for GWS.

Cripps no certainty.

McGovern available and Weiters likely.
A fully fit Cripps is going to have trouble getting a kick on DeBeor so it might be better if he misses and rests the body and mind.

Reply #47
No mention of Cunningham or Kennedy on the injured list?

Reply #49
A fully fit Cripps is going to have trouble getting a kick on DeBeor so it might be better if he misses and rests the body and mind.

Mental problems aside (his partner), I don't think Cripps has been fully fit at any point this year.

A shadow of previous years.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #51
Kennedy and Cotrell in.

Cripps (inj) and Betts rested. 

MacGovern can sweat the lard off in the twos - most overrated player in the AFL

DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #52
Kennedy and Cotrell in.

I'd be playing SPS, Cuners, Kennedy, McGovern.

Rest Simmo & Murphy, Polson out, Levi rested,
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #53
Kennedy and Cotrell in.

Is that official?  If so there goes the idea we won't back in kids.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #54
With Cottrell looking the goods, we now have an opportunity to make a surprise move and play SPS is an attacking role. Cottrell can do the defensive role, and looks to have some idea as a run-with player.

Polson I am not sure about. However, he has been doing well with the 2's, he does have some pace and his disposal is considerably improved (looks that way from the highlights of the 2's).

One thing that I have noted about SPS is that he has really improved his marking. In his first season he made an absolute mess of a number of high bombs. He just could read them. Maybe he didn't want to put his body in ...
Since then his contested marking has been a feature of his play. He rarely gets beaten in the air any more.
His defensive work has been pretty decent this year, but he hasn't shown any run from defence. Granted that Simmo and Doc tend to hog that role, but I could easily see SPS going for a dash if he had the confidence to do so. He doesn't seem to.

I would be considering Willo for a rest. he has been quite up and down of late. I would also consider giving him a different job, further up the ground. We don't get to see enough of his left foot.

We probably won't do either. We don't appear to experiment positionally with our players very often.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #55
Apologies,  that isn't official,  it's what I'd be doing if I was MC... But I ain't.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #56
Apologies,  that isn't official,  it's what I'd be doing if I was MC... But I ain't.
I'd really like to see Cottrell on Whitfield, Lachie's strength is being brave at the contest and his extreme aerobic capacity, he gets his opponent in those last few metres every time. Cottrell is supposed to be elite in this regard, and we've seen he is brave and hard at the contests, if he's got a future it's going to be stifling guys like Whitfield.

It's an opportunity that reminds me of Ed's game on Ablett Jnr, it can make the kids career and give him a whole new level of confidence!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #57
I'd really like to see Cottrell on Whitfield, Lachie's strength is being brave at the contest and his extreme aerobic capacity, he gets his opponent in those last few metres every time. Cottrell is supposed to be elite in this regard, and we've seen he is brave and hard at the contests, if he's got a future it's going to be stifling guys like Whitfield.

It's an opportunity that reminds me of Ed's game on Ablett Jnr, it can make the kids career and give him a whole new level of confidence!
Whitfield doesn't like it too rough and tough and Cottrell would be an excellent match up imo.

Reply #58
Its really hard to get a read on this season.  I think we are taking steps to spread the load as much as possible which is providing an added benefit to everyones game.  Its not one player dashing up field.  Its not one intercept marker.  Its not one leading all the way to half back.  Its not one adding forward pressure.  Its no longer Cripps or bust at the coal face.

This might be to do with the shortened season, advise from Russell, or just an overall coaching approach from Teague to get more players doing more work, and less work on the usual suspects which might also account for Cripps down year.  No benefit from running him into the ground (he does do this by choice, and ive noticed that he seems to be a decoy except when the next clearance needs to be won).
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #59
Whitfield doesn't like it too rough and tough and Cottrell would be an excellent match up imo.
I don't agree but it depends on what you mean by "rough and tough".

I've never seen Whitfield shirk a contest and he regularly takes marks running with the flight like Walsh's a few weeks ago.

If you mean Whitfield isn't a push and shove thug like Greene and that he'll try to avoid that stuff, then true!

PS; If the reason for his omission was to give Cottrell as week off to freshen up before tackling Whitfield, then we are greatly improving our player management.
The Force Awakens!