Skip to main content
Topic: Round 19 Collingwood vs Carlton Pre Game  (Read 26182 times) previous topic - next topic

Round 19 Collingwood vs Carlton Pre Game

Saturday 8 August
13:45@MCG (away)

:o Am I blind or is there no pregame discussion? Against Collingwood of all teams!

This will be the lowest attended game since the suburban days if interest reflects what I'm hearing around the place.

Re: Round 19 Collingwood vs Carlton Pre Game

Reply #1
Both teams haven't won for a while... we gotta be some chance. More than the past few weeks anyway.

Reply #2
Their small forwards usually kill us, but they seem to have forgotten how to score. No Cloke either.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #3
CollingwoodI is a great case study on why winning is important. They had a streak of games where they were admirable but didn't get the job done and suddenly they fell right off. Perhaps they weren't that good but without those early wins, they probably wouldn't have been in the contest.

They'll get back on the winners list as we have no interest in winning. Collingwood by 32.

Reply #4
Do we really want to win this  :o
Wieteman Cup is coming up?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #5

I think we're safe.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #6
Carlton/Collingwood at the "G" in a few days and 5 posts in the pre game thread.
We can't afford two or three years in the bottom 4 but I don't know how we'll avoid it, these are very disturbing times.
I think we'll get closer to Collingwood than we did to North but I doubt we'll beat them.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #7

No.. we dont need to win just be competitive and not get hammered..
That would be the Weitering Cup..we need Gold Coast to win another game or two.....

Reply #8
That would be the Weitering Cup..we need Gold Coast to win another game or two.....

GC will win this week and I think they play the Bombers up there.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #9

Thanks for the spelling tip EB  ;) I'll only be worried about the spelling when he is running around in navy.  :)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #10
Carlton/Collingwood at the "G" in a few days and 5 posts in the pre game thread.
We can't afford two or three years in the bottom 4 but I don't know how we'll avoid it, these are very disturbing times.
I think we'll get closer to Collingwood than we did to North but I doubt we'll beat them.

B4L, I think the times are very disturbing for the AFL in general, not just us.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #11
It was my sons birthday last week, so I'm coming down for the game this week.
The last time I took him to the G it was the last game of the season against collingwood (2004 I think) and we got up by a point.
Him, me and my old man who has since passed away, sung ourselves hoarse that night... I'm hoping for a repeat...
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #12
It was my sons birthday last week, so I'm coming down for the game this week.
The last time I took him to the G it was the last game of the season against collingwood (2004 I think) and we got up by a point.
Him, me and my old man who has since passed away, sung ourselves hoarse that night... I'm hoping for a repeat...
So are the rest of us!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #13
B4L, I think the times are very disturbing for the AFL in general, not just us.

True, but the AFL is too big to fail.
We aren't.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #14
I cant believe there are some who are hoping we lose .I don't care how bad we are but beating the PIES always brings a smile to my face.Carn The Blues