Skip to main content
Topic: Round 19 Collingwood vs Carlton Pre Game  (Read 26181 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 19 Collingwood vs Carlton Pre Game

Reply #15
I cant believe there are some who are hoping we lose .I don't care how bad we are but beating the PIES always brings a smile to my face.Carn The Blues  

I was at the Bryce Gibbs Cup V Essendon, we were gone for all money then came back hard with 10 minutes to go and got up for a draw, another few minutes and we win and Bryce would be wearing red and black.
The players and 99% of the Carlton people at the MCG were cheering us on like crazy, then when we lost to Melbourne and guaranteed Kreuzer a few years later the cheer squad clapped the players off the ground, they were actually holding up banners saying Kreuzer!!
Losing and tanking suck, I can't understand anyone being happy with either.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #17
I was at the Bryce Gibbs Cup V Essendon, we were gone for all money then came back hard with 10 minutes to go and got up for a draw, another few minutes and we win and Bryce would be wearing red and black.

We could have Fumbleton

Reply #18
I was there last year so I could be part of history (lowest crowd between these 2 in 93 years). Think that record may be broken this week but fortunately will not be attending as I think we're going to get smacked. In fact I think we'll be getting smacked for the rest of the year. :(

Reply #19
We could have Fumbleton

Or Goldstein at pick 37, instead we took Hampson at 17.
The story of our life.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #20
watson full forward, jones chb,yarran in the centre,everitt to apply 2tackles.Lets mix the whole side this rd.

Reply #21
herald sun reports yarran menzel axed

why not henderson as well?

Reply #22
herald sun reports yarran menzel axed

why not henderson as well?

If true, about time.

Apparently they are "not meeting on-field expectations". Watch this space I guess. Is this code for "they are available for trade" and that Lachie has not yet reached that point?
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23
If true, about time.

Apparently they are "not meeting on-field expectations". Watch this space I guess. Is this code for "they are available for trade" and that Lachie has not yet reached that point?

Yarran will probably go but that might wake Menzel up. He's a big part of the future. He's obviously not fit given his injuries but one still has to run if you're out there. Good to see Barker imposing some discipline and not taking crape. White would be lucky after giving up on the Waite chase.

Henderson has implied he'll stay if Barker is coach. He's just out of form playing in the wrong spot.

Reply #24
The players and 99% of the Carlton people at the MCG were cheering us on like crazy, then when we lost to Melbourne and guaranteed Kreuzer a few years later the cheer squad clapped the players off the ground, they were actually holding up banners saying Kreuzer!!
Losing and tanking suck, I can't understand anyone being happy with either.

I agree. You might get a good player but it hurts your culture.

Reply #25
White would be lucky after giving up on the Waite chase.

Don't listen to BT to make that judgement. He hung White out to dry for 'giving up on the chase'. The first replay was not ideal. The second replay showed Waite running at goal with 2 players coming directly at him, a lot closer than White was. In essence, they were going to get to Waite a lot quicker than White, even if White had Usain Bolt speed. It was an overreaction.

Reply #26
I agree. You might get a good player but it hurts your culture.

And sends a message to supporters and sponsors that losing is acceptable.
Realistically I think we'll get beaten on Saturday but I'm hoping we smash them, nothing would give me greater pleasure than to climb off rock bottom by beating The Filth.

Reply #27
Don't listen to BT to make that judgement. He hung White out to dry for 'giving up on the chase'. The first replay was not ideal. The second replay showed Waite running at goal with 2 players coming directly at him, a lot closer than White was. In essence, they were going to get to Waite a lot quicker than White, even if White had Usain Bolt speed. It was an overreaction.

well if u look at the waite goal, i am afraid to say that cripps gave up the chase as well...

Reply #28
well if u look at the waite goal, i am afraid to say that cripps gave up the chase as well...

I'm not sure if it was that particular one but there was an instance of him doing that last week (of course judging from the TV isn't the best perspective). I remember it because it was something I didn't expect from Cripps.
Poor bugger was probably knackered....after his efforts.
But if we use it for an excuse for Cripps we have to give White the benefit of the doubt because his efforts are usually very good too.

(I've had a look at one lot of vision and couldn't see Cripps in the picture on the Waite goal)

Reply #29
If true, about time.

Equally surprised Henderson not also dropped for the same reason. Pays to be a good mate of the senior coach?  >:(
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17