Skip to main content
Topic: Round 19 Collingwood vs Carlton Pre Game  (Read 26179 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 19 Collingwood vs Carlton Pre Game

Reply #30
I'm not sure if it was that particular one but there was an instance of him doing that last week (of course judging from the TV isn't the best perspective). I remember it because it was something I didn't expect from Cripps.
Poor bugger was probably knackered....after his efforts.
But if we use it for an excuse for Cripps we have to give White the benefit of the doubt because his efforts are usually very good too.

(I've had a look at one lot of vision and couldn't see Cripps in the picture on the Waite goal)

I give cripps the benefit of the doubt on his fitness - young player

Reply #31
OUT. Yarran, Menzel Tutt.

IN. Walker, Holman, Whiley
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #32

From the club's facebook page....
Coach John Barker says the trio will play in the curtain raiser with the Northern Blues on Saturday.

"Clearly our form as a team, over the past couple of weeks, hasn't been where we want it to be and of the standard we expect," Barker said.

"We are striving to install some high standards with our on-field work ethic and we expect players to earn their spot each week.

"We need these three players to find the spark we know they have – they're all good Carlton people and I'm confident they will fight their way back into the senior side."

Meanwhile Kristian Jaksch, Tom Fields and Brad Walsh have been named as the emergencies.

Reply #33
I'm not sure if it was that particular one but there was an instance of him doing that last week (of course judging from the TV isn't the best perspective). I remember it because it was something I didn't expect from Cripps.
Poor bugger was probably knackered....after his efforts.
But if we use it for an excuse for Cripps we have to give White the benefit of the doubt because his efforts are usually very good too.

(I've had a look at one lot of vision and couldn't see Cripps in the picture on the Waite goal)

First of all, Cripps couldn't run out of sight at night.

Second of all, you should know by now that anything Mozzie said should be, at best, taken with a grain of salt.

Reply #34
At least Holbaggers is back!
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #35

I thought Yarran's effort was better last week but I wouldn't have been surprised if he had been dropped a couple of weeks back. 

Menzel seems to be just going through the motions and I excused him in the belief that he was carrying an injury.  The fact that he will be playing in the NBs puts paid to my injury theory.

Tutt tries hard but I just don't think he is up to AFL football.  I hope he proves me wrong but I can't see much of a future for him with us.

The ins are interesting, particularly with Jaksch not progressing beyond emergency. 

I'm looking forward to a more competitive performance this Saturday and I reckon Eddie's head will explode if we get the four points.

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #36
Tutt is a dud..said so when we recruited him and my opinion hasnt changed..in fact he is worse than I thought... >:(

Menzel is talented but lazy and needs the right coach....

Yarran hasnt got his head in the right place and seems preoccupied with other thoughts...

Holman in is fair enough as the kid has a go and has improved, Whiley has been ok in the NB's but doesnt do much with the footy .....I would have played Walsh ahead of Walker who needs another game in the NB's IMO...

Jaksch is unlucky not to be playing more games and I dont get why he is overlooked..is a classy player IMO and it shows when he plays in the NB's.....not sure why he cant get a game in a team that lacks classy talls and plays the undersized White on bigger players....

Reply #37
Head scratching stuff Elwood with Jaksch.

Re Tutt he is very much a dudley moore, gives 110% effort which unfortunately shows just how bad he is.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #38
Carlton

B: Simon White, Michael Jamison, Sam Rowe
HB: Dylan Buckley, Zach Tuohy, Kade Simpson.
C: Sam Docherty, Andrew Carrazzo, Ed Curnow.
HF: Blaine Boekhorst, Levi Casboult, Tom Bell.
F: Andrejs Everitt, Lachie Henderson, Andrew Walker.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy.
Int: Nick Holman, Clem Smith, Mark Whiley, Cameron Wood.

Emg: Kristian Jaksch, Tom Fields, Brad Walsh.

In: Andrew Walker, Nick Holman, Mark Whiley.

Out: Jason Tutt (Omitted), Chris Yarran (Omitted), Troy Menzel (Omitted)

Collingwood

B: Tom Langdon, Nathan J. Brown, Marley Williams.
HB: Alan Toovey, Jack Frost, Brayden Maynard.
C: Levi Greenwood, Dane Swan, Steele Sidebottom.
HF: Travis Varcoe, Darcy Moore, Jarryd Blair.
F: Alex Fasolo, Ben Reid, Jamie Elliott.
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Scott Pendlebury.
Int: Matthew Scharenberg, Jonathon Marsh, Jack Crisp, Ben Sinclair.

Emg: Sam Dwyer, Tyson Goldsack, Jarrod Witts

In: Jarryd Blair, Ben Reid, Jonathon Marsh, Ben Sinclair.

Out: Paul Seedsman (Omitted), Jarrod Witts (Omitted), Sam Dwyer (Omitted), Jordan De Goey (Rested)

Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #39
First of all, Cripps couldn't run out of sight at night.

Second of all, you should know by now that anything Mozzie said should be, at best, taken with a grain of salt.

footy classifieds show cripps

good try...

NOT.. ::)

Reply #40
I'm more than a tad shat off with Menzel...  if he thinks he is going to get an easy ticket out of the joint by playing dead, he might be in for a nasty shock..... the NB's might have some highly talented but lazy recruits next year.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #41
Equally surprised Henderson not also dropped for the same reason. Pays to be a good mate of the senior coach?  >:(

Yup, hypocritical to say the least.

Re the White chase you never give it up. It's all about perceived pressure you have to keep chasing until the ball has been disposed of. FTR Barker commended White for his efforts this week so I guess he's a coaches fave that is going nowhere as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #42
Carlton

B: Simon White, Michael Jamison, Sam Rowe
HB: Dylan Buckley, Zach Tuohy, Kade Simpson.
C: Sam Docherty, Andrew Carrazzo, Ed Curnow.
HF: Blaine Boekhorst, Levi Casboult, Tom Bell.
F: Andrejs Everitt, Lachie Henderson, Andrew Walker.
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Patrick Cripps, Marc Murphy.
Int: Nick Holman, Clem Smith, Mark Whiley, Cameron Wood.

Emg: Kristian Jaksch, Tom Fields, Brad Walsh.

In: Andrew Walker, Nick Holman, Mark Whiley.

Out: Jason Tutt (Omitted), Chris Yarran (Omitted), Troy Menzel (Omitted)

Collingwood

B: Tom Langdon, Nathan J. Brown, Marley Williams.
HB: Alan Toovey, Jack Frost, Brayden Maynard.
C: Levi Greenwood, Dane Swan, Steele Sidebottom.
HF: Travis Varcoe, Darcy Moore, Jarryd Blair.
F: Alex Fasolo, Ben Reid, Jamie Elliott.
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Scott Pendlebury.
Int: Matthew Scharenberg, Jonathon Marsh, Jack Crisp, Ben Sinclair.

Emg: Sam Dwyer, Tyson Goldsack, Jarrod Witts

In: Jarryd Blair, Ben Reid, Jonathon Marsh, Ben Sinclair.

Out: Paul Seedsman (Omitted), Jarrod Witts (Omitted), Sam Dwyer (Omitted), Jordan De Goey (Rested)

Blair, Elliott, and Fasalo is the Pies version of the three amigos and small forwards tend to give us trouble, we will need to be switched on to
cover them.......Interested to see how Brayden Maynard goes...was keen on him pre draft.
Pies are very small down back and I reckon Ben Reid might start at CHB....
Mark Whiley got Pendlebury last time ...wonder if JB will give him the job again or go for Curnow or Carrazzo...
Adams will get Murphy and we will need to look after the skipper as Adams is a dirty sniper....

Reply #43
You wouldn't drop Tutt for a lack of effort so Barker must have only been talking about Yarran and Menzel at his presser last week.
Tutt's no good but he busts his gut.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #44
You wouldn't drop Tutt for a lack of effort so Barker must have only been talking about Yarran and Menzel at his presser last week.
Tutt's no good but he busts his gut.

I reckon Tutt is selective about when he has a go.  He walks or jogs towards a contest unless there's a chance he'll be on the end of a handpass.  He's not Robinson Crusoe in that, but most of his team mates do a little better when they have the ball.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball