Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle) (Read 30917 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle)

Reply #15
Stoked to see that win. Yes we dropped away in the third, but the players eventually responded. Boekhorst drilling Cripps in that last quarter was awesome.

Stuff pick 1. Anyone who thinks our future hangs on pick 1 instead of pick 2 will never learn from history.

Reply #16
Barker looks like a man who been told the position is being announced early next and it's not him.

Spot on, but I thought he was starting to show some agitation when they got close.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
Thought he was average vs substandard opposition, tackles well and is ok by hand but poor by foot and lacks a yard.

Yep and doesn't have the smarts to make up for it .... yet, but there is something to work with.

Jaksch looked timid and turned the ball over in defence, he just looks like he has a higher opinion of his ability than it actually is, by a considerable margin.

Tutt wants to do the right things but doesn't want to go in hard, he's a Lucas but with more speed and skill.

BB had two of the nicest kicks into the forward 50 that I've seen since Houlihan was kicking to Fev. Needs a tank though, the second kick was to Everitt in the pocket, he won it off half back, got the ball on and had to be coaxed into running again to receive by Simmo. the croos body to Cripps was bordering on orgasmic.

Who would have guessed, if you have Walker forward you benefit the side in two was; 1 - no big turn overs off half back and a bloody good leading forward who kicks for goal better that his field kicking.

Everitt still looks half interested at best.

Cripps to Kruezer with the no look hand pass and goal from 50 WAS orgasmic!

Buckley was aggressive and controlled with his disposal and run, our boy is growing up.

Reply #18
Watto showed he still has plenty to offer....the VFL development league!

He was OK
But the reality is when we are good again he won't be part of the side.
He's a good kick and can take a mark...but once the ball hits the ground he's a bit lost.
He doesn't commit to contests but stands back.

I just wanted to see him given a last opportunity...I'd like him to play the last few games....but going forward he probably won't be in the plans.
We didn't lose much by playing him instead of Henderson though

Reply #19
Yep and doesn't have the smarts to make up for it .... yet, but there is something to work with.

Jaksch looked timid and turned the ball over in defence, he just looks like he has a higher opinion of his ability than it actually is, by a considerable margin.

Tutt wants to do the right things but doesn't want to go in hard, he's a Lucas but with more speed and skill.

BB had two of the nicest kicks into the forward 50 that I've seen since Houlihan was kicking to Fev. Needs a tank though, the second kick was to Everitt in the pocket, he won it off half back, got the ball on and had to be coaxed into running again to receive by Simmo. the croos body to Cripps was bordering on orgasmic.

Who would have guessed, if you have Walker forward you benefit the side in two was; 1 - no big turn overs off half back and a bloody good leading forward who kicks for goal better that his field kicking.

Everitt still looks half interested at best.

Cripps to Kruezer with the no look hand pass and goal from 50 WAS orgasmic!

Buckley was aggressive and controlled with his disposal and run, our boy is growing up.

Apart from your, er..... orgasmic flourishes, I agree with your review, especially regarding Jaksch. Not seeing the love for him myself.

Reply #20
Really? I see plenty in Jaksch. Moves like a likely type, I just can't believe we haven't been getting games into him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #21
and as I've posted elsewhere, next week I hope we're the lesbian blues, NO DICK!

He was as terrible as the pun, sorry I'm working a bit blue tonight.

Reply #22
I watched the last quarter and that was enough for me to stamp Mathew Dick's papers for the very last time.

What did Malthouse & Co see in him ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Reply #23
Tutt needs a to control his speed, he needs a footy brain, not sure its achievable
Jacksch needs pre-seasons, then he'll be ok
Whiley has nothing to give.
Bell wants to be the hero all the time, needs to learn that its ok to be in a link in the chain.
BB needs muscle.
Watson never looked dangerous as a forward, cant play defence, so...
Dick is vfl

Winning beats Tanking. Go Baggers!

Reply #24
Still just pinching myself that Cripps is ours. The next big thing in the AFL, someone to build around.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #25
Still just pinching myself that Cripps is ours. The next big thing in the AFL, someone to build around.

Young Hogan looks very good too.
I wish we had both of them, and Marcus Bontempelli.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #26
A number of clubs openly laughed when we drafted Cripps who was 'beating up kids' and 'fat and slow'.... Who's laughing now?
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #27
A number of clubs openly laughed when we drafted Cripps who was 'beating up kids' and 'fat and slow'.... Who's laughing now?

Cripps to Kruezer with the no look handpass was Gold.....he is the next Captain and should be the rising star this season.....lets hope we can keep him....

Reply #28
Stepped up today and dragged us over the line... Legend in the making.

Staggered we got a pick right but he needs support.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #29
Stepped up today and dragged us over the line... Legend in the making.

Staggered we got a pick right but he needs support.

I thank Freo for Cripps....they started the 190cm plus midfielder trend and everyone else had to recruit bigger bodies to compete...