Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle) (Read 30913 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle)

Reply #30
I thank Freo for Cripps....they started the 190cm plus midfielder trend and everyone else had to recruit bigger bodies to compete...

Judd, Pendles, Kouta, Goodes....you sure it was just freo?

Reply #31
Judd, Pendles, Kouta, Goodes....you sure it was just freo?

Yep....other teams had one maybe.......Freo had/have five of them ..Fyfe, Mundy, Barlow, Crowley and Morribito...Pav used to run through the midfield too when he was younger...

Reply #32
A number of clubs openly laughed when we drafted Cripps who was 'beating up kids' and 'fat and slow'.... Who's laughing now?

....and Boek is supposed to be a wasted pick as well.

He's going to be a very very handy player soon.

If he gets it 20 times a game we'll be winning a lot more than we lose.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #33
....and Boek is supposed to be a wasted pick as well.

He's going to be a very very handy player soon.

If he gets it 20 times a game we'll be winning a lot more than we lose.

Nice vision from Boekhorst today when he found Cripps in front of goal and he won a couple of contests that he would have just been pushed out off early in the season....
Looks more at home and like he has picked up the pace of the game and you can only do that by playing seniors....

Reply #34
Lost a few players on the bench today. Especially when Simpson needed to step up for a ruck duel in the last quarter.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #35
Can someone give me a rundown on the injuries to Kreuz and Jammo as I hadn't heard anything?

Reply #36
Can someone give me a rundown on the injuries to Kreuz and Jammo as I hadn't heard anything?

Jammo a bit concussed and Krooz came off with hammy cramp.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #38

Potential jaw problem with Jammo too. Not sure if that was cleared yet.

Reply #39
Kreuzer received a bump to his lower back which sent stabbing pains through his glute and hamstring. I think it might have stressed his sciatic nerve as a possibility.

Reply #40
We dropped off when Murphy and Jameson went off.
I think we had dropped off our intensity before that, but they hadn't managed to do anything until Murphy and Jamo went off. Our on-field losses galvanized them.
In the end, it was pretty brave to come out on top as we did.

However, how bad are Melbourne? We had the Northern Blues on the park and they simply capitulated. If I were a Melbourne supporter, I would never come back from the snow. They were simply unprofessional and show minimal improvement for all the time Paul Roos has put into them. Far from being the Messiah, they looked to have worse skills than ours. I didn't think that was possible.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #41
Take that Roos, you Carlton hater.

Anyone else notice the subtle shift in the 50/50 umpiring decisions in the third quarter which coincided with their run-on?

Quite like the way Jaksch is backing himself more and flying for marks. I reckon his confidence is slowly building.

Buckley should now consider himself a 'required' member of our best 22. Hoping this time next year that BB, Whiley, Holman, and the Ciaran's are in the same boat.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #42
I laugh at the commentators today. They actually believe Melbourne is a better club to coach than our side. They apparently have more potential stars and have done better in the last few years of drafting than we have. Melbourne IMO will not see a flag for the next 10 years. They are just a group of players that play when they want. Roos has been a waste of money to the club. He can hand the club over to their new coach at the end of 2016. Then the new coach will see what a troubled mob they are. Could you imagine them without their stars. We had no Judd, Gibbs, Levi, Thomas. Then we dropped Yarran and Henderson. Lost Murphy, Jamo and Kreuzer during the game. All this after losing Garlett, Betts, Waite our main scorers over the last few years and Robinson. Lets see them play with talents like this missing from their squad. They are really bad. The Bulldogs have created a good list. The Dees haven't. Not yet. Watts by the way will never be an AFL talent. Never.

Reply #43
Take that Roos, you Carlton hater.
He certainly does seem to hate us. He was a rabid Carlton supporter as a kid, but knew he was going to be playing for the Lions even in the Little League (I saw him play against us then, which dates me somewhat.  ;D ;D). However, in the years since he hasn't had a nice word or deed for us. I am quite happy to give him more headaches.

To be honest, unless they improve a lot next year, Roos will be considered almost as large a failure at Melbourne as Malthouse proved to be for us. VFL sides play better than that: we should know as ours was on the field.

Anyone else notice the subtle shift in the 50/50 umpiring decisions in the third quarter which coincided with their run-on?
I don't think it was too subtle. It was pretty ordinary. I guess they felt they had to even up the frees. But we were certainly on the receiving end of some shockers in the 3rd quarter.

Quite like the way Jaksch is backing himself more and flying for marks. I reckon his confidence is slowly building.

Buckley should now consider himself a 'required' member of our best 22. Hoping this time next year that BB, Whiley, Holman, and the Ciaran's are in the same boat.
The 2 newish Irishmen should. They have looked good. Boekhorst has plenty to work on, but he is, at least, now looking like he actually has a future. Our defence could be pretty quick next year, if they can stay in one piece.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #44
I laugh at the commentators today. They actually believe Melbourne is a better club to coach than our side. They apparently have more potential stars and have done better in the last few years of drafting than we have. Melbourne IMO will not see a flag for the next 10 years. They are just a group of players that play when they want. Roos has been a waste of money to the club. He can hand the club over to their new coach at the end of 2016. Then the new coach will see what a troubled mob they are. Could you imagine them without their stars. We had no Judd, Gibbs, Levi, Thomas. Then we dropped Yarran and Henderson. Lost Murphy, Jamo and Kreuzer during the game. All this after losing Garlett, Betts, Waite our main scorers over the last few years and Robinson. Lets see them play with talents like this missing from their squad. They are really bad. The Bulldogs have created a good list. The Dees haven't. Not yet. Watts by the way will never be an AFL talent. Never.

That effort by them today was disgraceful.

Roos should be having massive heat brought on him but ..........crickets .