Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle) (Read 30984 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Carlton Beat Melbourne (Post Game Waffle)

Reply #75
If this game was "The Battle for the Rising Star" you'd be embarrased to give it to Hogan

Is Luke Darcy on the selection panel?  If so, prepare to be embarrassed.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #76
If getting rid of the players in the past & present who are undisciplined or wont play for the jumper results in an effort like that...then im happy.

Reply #77
Hmm i haven't committed either way with BB apart from thinking we probably could have nabbed him a bit later than pick 21, but he certainly has some tricks and twice he competed 1 on 1 Against Mcdonald when for some reason we kicked to him one out in the goal square and broke even. Allowed Cripps to Goal from the resulting stoppage.

The 80m run hopefully showed him, when he is tired he just has to keep going, and he backed himself and even took a bounce before a very sensible kick even though his legs were screaming. Little things like that can help a player grow.

Since I declared he isnt going to make it, he has had a major form reversal and is going from strength to strength.

Reverse Jinxer in chief.

So, expect me to be mr negative from now on in the effort to do the reverse jinxer.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #78
Special mention here to Ed Curnow.
Was never going to be a superstar. Kicking skills are ordinary. Speed is one paced, but boy did he run his guts out yesterday. Continually presented for the hit-up kick. Seemed to be everywhere. thought he had a great game.

Reply #79
That bit of play was what I didn't like. He got the ball in space and had he turned around straight away he would've hit Walker in the goal square but just took far too long to face the goals and by the time he did he had to put Walker into space in the pocket. He literally looked sideways, ran sideways and then straightened up. Had to be at the ground to see that one.

Didn't have to be at the ground to see that one. That's exactly what I thought when I saw it on TV but I thought he was OK otherwise. Just needs confidence and belief, but even then he wont be a star, just a solid contributor.

Barker's face after the siren was classic stuff. Looked like he was about to be called into the manager's office

The look of a man who just cost us pick #1. :P He tried moving Watson down back and Cripps forward but the game was over by then. ^-^

Reply #80
Special mention here to Ed Curnow.
Was never going to be a superstar. Kicking skills are ordinary. Speed is one paced, but boy did he run his guts out yesterday. Continually presented for the hit-up kick. Seemed to be everywhere. thought he had a great game.

Great call....especially the 'seemed to be everywhere' observation which was 100% spot on. Will easily finish top 5 in the B&F.
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #81
Well maybe I should fly over for every Blues game.

Was great to get back to the 'G and also see our lads win.

Sat behind the Melb cheersquad which was entertaining enough on its own.

Rowe is, and always will be a spud. For such a big man is easily brushed aside. When we were killing them and the pressure was off, Rowe was in his element. as soon as it got tough, Rowe collapsed like a pricked balloon.

Rowe was awful all game I thought. Felt for his opponent rather than attacking the ball. Looked scared out there.
Yes he played well previously under MM, but he needs to go now. Give someone else a gig down back for the remaining 2 games.

Well done lads, enjoyed the match despite our dropping off and injuries/forced sub in the 2nd half.

Reply #82
Well maybe I should fly over for every Blues game.

Was great to get back to the 'G and also see our lads win.

Sat behind the Melb cheersquad which was entertaining enough on its own.

Rowe was awful all game I thought. Felt for his opponent rather than attacking the ball. Looked scared out there.
Yes he played well previously under MM, but he needs to go now. Give someone else a gig down back for the remaining 2 games.

Well done lads, enjoyed the match despite our dropping off and injuries/forced sub in the 2nd half.

I thought Rowe played on Dawes?...the latter was next to useless...

Reply #83

I thought Rowe played on Dawes?...the latter was next to useless...

Rowe and Jamo switched roles on Hogan and Dawes a few times.

Thought Rowe was pretty good myself. Got caught HTB once but was pretty safe otherwise.

Just got to play within his limitation................and he has a few.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #84
Rowe stop gap at best.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #86
Yet is clearly the best CHB on our list.  :-[

Except for Hendo. If we had given Jaksch more gametime he may have already overtaken him.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #87
Except for Hendo. If we had given Jaksch more gametime he may have already overtaken him.

I don't count Hendo as being on our list anymore.

Jaksch wasn't given game time because he keeps breaking down.
Still, at his slight frame, Rowe has him covered....for now.

Point is, as good/bad as Rowe is....the cupboard is bare. We need to recruit at least 3 KPPs this offseason. At LEAST 3.

1 to cover Hendo.
1 developing back
1 developing forward
...plus an up and coming ruckman.

We'll get 1 with our first pick. Maybe PSD (Carlisle) will help us get another 1. We need to find more.

Reply #88
Stick Jones down back. He can't do anything anywhere else.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.