Skip to main content
Topic: In Game Carlton v Fitzroy Rnd 12 (Read 9851 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: In Game Carlton v Fitzroy Rnd 12

Reply #15
Four other Carlton players watched McStay rove it, SPS, O'Brien, Simmo and one other, while Weitering battled one out!

Agree. No excuse for them, but he should have belted it through.

Reply #16
Dow is a joke right now, simply terrible.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #17
Did you really think there would be instantaneous difference? Bad habits take a long time to break.

"The Bounce" is dead, long live "The Bounce", eh?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #18
Agree. No excuse for them, but he should have belted it through.

If he gets the punch wrong the ground support is zero, so I'd happily back him in to mark, at least that stops the opposition without any dependency on the others who are ghosts!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #19
Having suffered through that quarter, I reckon you could have Jock Mchale, Ron Barassi, Alistair Clarkson and GOD coach them, and it wouldn't make a difference.

They lack confidence, skills, and the young blokes don't have the strength to stick a tackle, while the others don't know how.

It's going to be a loooong second half of the season.

Reply #20
Free them up.

They refuse to kick a goal. Five times that quarter players running free inside F50 fecked up short kicks rather than having a shot!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #21
Teague can't coach.... sack him.

Come back Brendan... all is forgiven.  ????
Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Dar..Da Di Da Di Da Di Darrr ...Darrr Darr.. We are the NAVY BLUES !!

Reply #22
Watch the last passage of that quarter to see a team that has no fking clue at all how to use space in forward line get an easy uncontested mark. 17 other teams get a shot on goal from an easy lead to space there.....but not us.  :-[

When you combine no clue with worse skills in afl we are basket case and need 5 priority picks to improve.

Laughing stock

Reply #23
The Lions hit targets we don't.  Apparently they are running at 80% fwd half de we are 29.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #24
Having suffered through that quarter, I reckon you could have Jock Mchale, Ron Barassi, Alistair Clarkson and GOD coach them, and it wouldn't make a difference.

How can that be, it was Bolton's fault!

The media types are making excuses for them now, they have to in order to save face, because they blamed the coach for this a week ago!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #25
If he gets the punch wrong the ground support is zero, so I'd happily back him in to mark, at least that stops the opposition without any dependency on the others who are ghosts!

I replayed it myself a few more times. They were no more than two metres out from goal, and he's tried to mark it one handed.

Anyway, that won't be the worst thing that one of our blokes do today.

Reply #26
If anything, our forward line is even more shambolic  :(
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #27
I replayed it myself a few more times. They were no more than two metres out from goal, and he's tried to mark it one handed.

Anyway, that won't be the worst thing that one of our blokes do today.

There a defensive punch, goal to Brisbane, no crumbers, no infantry, no reinforcements at ground level.

It has an effect on defenders, don't blame them because this is relentlessly the same crap week after week!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
How can that be, it was Bolton's fault!

I have never said the players were any good. In fact I have always said, they have no kicking skills, they can't tackle, their decision making is woeful, and they totally lack confidence.

So the question is why. And the buck fort them being hopeless begins and ends with the coach and that was Bolton.

They are so bad following three and a half years of Bolton's coaching, that at this point in time, and that is what I meant by my comment, and should have stated that opinion more clearly, it wouldn't matter who coached them at this time, it is back to the drawing board under a new, hopefully experienced coach next year.

Reply #29
Hoorah, it's a -100pt Bounce coming up! ;D

Kids like to stand still, so we handball to them, must be the coach!

Brisbane's tall KPDs, run off our small / medium defenders and mids, it's bullcrap!

We could be 80pts down already if not for Weitering, and it's not even 1/2-time!
The Force Awakens!