Skip to main content
Topic: Need to Stick fat. (Read 34485 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Need to Stick fat.

Reply #15
I went.  I had little expectation and was surprised that we actually had a fair number of supporters go.  32000 at Etihad isn't a terrible number.   It's not great, but it wasn't our home game anyway.

I got medallion ticket.  I had a few beers.  I got some down time from our renovation,  and I got some free popcorn.

You cannot tell me our players are in good nick.   I estimate most are carrying a niggle and most have had poor pre season.

They actually tried tonight.  Only for it to come undone in the execution.  

For those of you who tell me we are better than what we are seeing, I'm not so sure.  We exexcute basics poorly.  We make bad decisions with ball in hand.  Few genuinely show confidence. We don't create scoring opportunities and when our opponents make errors we fail to capitalise.

We are undersized, understrength, undermanned and still can't seem to form a spine of a team. 

We have some good ingredients but it falls over too easily.

It's easy to point the finger at one, but we appear to suffer from a lack of familiarity with each others strengths and this is hindering our ability to play good footy. 

Give it time, we'll improve.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #16
Thry, can I ask you one question? With very minimal positive besides we did try tonight, and all the negatives of we are undersized, understrength, undermanned and still can't seem to find a spine, how do you see we will improve? By getting players in that will solve this situation? Or by the players getting better with what they are doing? Or is it a case that we can't get any worse and have to get better? Geelong were not that great tonight. Not even a top 8 side in my opinion. They have become another Ninthmond from what I watched. Let me know what you saw that we didn't see on the TV.  ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #17
We do things at times in terms of structure which makes you say we are on here and the next kick is too long, too short, the wrong option or a miskick.

You can see it unfold before it happens.

Players free on the fat side of the ground but the ball gets cut off in transition over there.  Players playing on top of each other and then running to the right position. We are contesting and getting little reward for effort.

Communication can and should improve.
Execution can and should improve.
Our team balance should improve.
Personnel give us Henderson and Jamison and things will improve.

Fitness will improve.

Our players are trying to kick long but can barely clear forty metres whilst our opponents do it easily.  We are not in good nick.  Our preseason can't have been good, because our players look like they are struggling to cover the ground with a few exceptions.   Yarran, Tuohy, bell,  Jones, Curnow.

Everyone else looks flat.

I think as they get used to each other they can fix 90% of the above.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #18
We do things at times in terms of structure which makes you say we are on here and the next kick is too long, too short, the wrong option or a miskick.

You can see it unfold before it happens.

Players free on the fat side of the ground but the ball gets cut off in transition over there.  Players playing on top of each other and then running to the right position. We are contesting and getting little reward for effort.

Communication can and should improve.
Execution can and should improve.
Our team balance should improve.
Personnel give us Henderson and Jamison and things will improve.

Fitness will improve.

Our players are trying to kick long but can barely clear forty metres whilst our opponents do it easily.  We are not in good nick.  Our preseason can't have been good, because our players look like they are struggling to cover the ground with a few exceptions.   Yarran, Tuohy, bell,  Jones, Curnow.

Everyone else looks flat.

I think as they get used to each other they can fix 90% of the above.

A new coach should fix 90% of that. ;)
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #19
^^

Yup, the only thing that's fat around our club is Mick's paycheque! And let's not forget his son Fail Thomas as well.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #20
Well u r a fair weather supporter...

..and you are a **** *** but lets not start calling eachother names.

I am not a fair weather supporter.
I signed on as a member during our darkest days because that is when the club needed us most.
I have never left a match early in my life.
I sat through more whippings under Pagan than 95% of the people on here.
Throughout all of that, at least there was something to look forward too. Sure we were going to get pumped, but at least you could get a glimpse into the future - a light at the end of the tunnel.

I will continue to watch each and every second on TV.

However, i will not waste my time attending games where we do little more than a bang on impersonation of witches hats. The club needs to get the message that this is not on. This is the best way to let them see this.

Reply #21
..and you are a **** *** but lets not start calling eachother names.

I am not a fair weather supporter.
I signed on as a member during our darkest days because that is when the club needed us most.
I have never left a match early in my life.
I sat through more whippings under Pagan than 95% of the people on here.
Throughout all of that, at least there was something to look forward too. Sure we were going to get pumped, but at least you could get a glimpse into the future - a light at the end of the tunnel.

I will continue to watch each and every second on TV.

However, i will not waste my time attending games where we do little more than a bang on impersonation of witches hats. The club needs to get the message that this is not on. This is the best way to let them see this.

your non attendance does nothing other than to financially penalise the club

if you dont swipe your card at etihad and we dont reach 20,000 crowd , we pay etihad money

last week the club paid $200,000 to Etihad for a 16,000 crowd

no, Im wrong you are not a fair weather supporter, you are a football guru.... ::)

Reply #22
My kids just had kick to kick at Auskick with Carrotts, Yazz and Dennis.  They all moved poorly and looked sore.

Those three did more to help the brand today than all the marketinghype and lies  I have seen  this year.  Even though they were hurting they were happy to chat and interact with the kids and fans.  Community engagement at its best.

I reckon my kids will stick fat for ever after that.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #23
There would be NO fair weather supporters on here MF. A fair weather supporter is someone who supports the winning team, instead of supporting for the same team year after year.

This is not Kruddler, by any means, in fact anyone still on here participating in these discussions could not even be considered as a fair weather supporter.

Reading your posts at the moment is like talking to a born again Christian, replace God with Trigg and LoGiudice and it's the same conversation.

God is good. God will fix everything. You need to have faith in God. If you don't believe in God then you will be cast out .......

These last 15 years have delivered much angst for us, with only a very little bright spot for a couple of years. A large number of supporters who came to the clubs aid during the real dark days donated money, I have my name at Carlton on a board for my donations. I've bought raffle tickets at $500 a go as well knowing that it was pretty much a donation. Hell my membership is still a donation as I live in Tassie and only get over for one game a year.

My opinion is pretty much the same as Kruddlers, so am I a fair weather supporter?

I am totally sick and tired of the same crap being rolled out with the promise that things will get better. I, like most here, work hard to make a buck for my family and my indulgence time is sitting down with a beer and watching my beloved team play. When they don't appear to play with any heart, I have every right to complain about the club. I applauded loudly in my lounge room last night when Woods roughed up Selwood or when Cowan was blanketing the sook. I cheered for Jones when despite being held by Lonegan, managed to knock the ball out to Tutt to kick a goal, and felt like some pride had come into the team when they all ran to Jones, then I thought these acts stand out, when they should be happening all the time. I know the talent is not there, what I want to see is effort and I will cut up rough about it when it's not there.

You keep preaching the word of the Lord though.  ::)

Reply #24
your non attendance does nothing other than to financially penalise the club

if you dont swipe your card at etihad and we dont reach 20,000 crowd , we pay etihad money

last week the club paid $200,000 to Etihad for a 16,000 crowd

no, Im wrong you are not a fair weather supporter, you are a football guru.... ::)

I've had differences with Kruddler but I will back him here. He is far from a fair weather supporter, as good a supporter as you'd get. I'm with him, the club to earn their dollars from supporters, not mindlessly follow like football sheep. The club won't change anything otherwise.

Reply #25
How many kicks did the coach get?
How many tackles?

The coach is not out on the ground the players are.

I don't' care if they are 1-armed 75 year old women....while you are out on the ground, wearing that jumper you put in effort. I don't care if Hitler himself is your coach, you put in effort.

THE PLAYERS are not doing that and until they do, i wont be going to another game this year....or next...regardless of who is coaching us.

Coach's first job is to get the players behind him so they willingly run out there chasing, tackling and running. Can't  do that then you're failing in your job as coach. There's only one reason they aren't doing those things, Mick's lost the players completely. That's not to say the player's are exonerated either as their efforts have been poor.

Reply #26
There would be NO fair weather supporters on here MF. A fair weather supporter is someone who supports the winning team, instead of supporting for the same team year after year.

This is not Kruddler, by any means, in fact anyone still on here participating in these discussions could not even be considered as a fair weather supporter.

Reading your posts at the moment is like talking to a born again Christian, replace God with Trigg and LoGiudice and it's the same conversation.

God is good. God will fix everything. You need to have faith in God. If you don't believe in God then you will be cast out .......

These last 15 years have delivered much angst for us, with only a very little bright spot for a couple of years. A large number of supporters who came to the clubs aid during the real dark days donated money, I have my name at Carlton on a board for my donations. I've bought raffle tickets at $500 a go as well knowing that it was pretty much a donation. Hell my membership is still a donation as I live in Tassie and only get over for one game a year.

My opinion is pretty much the same as Kruddlers, so am I a fair weather supporter?

I am totally sick and tired of the same crap being rolled out with the promise that things will get better. I, like most here, work hard to make a buck for my family and my indulgence time is sitting down with a beer and watching my beloved team play. When they don't appear to play with any heart, I have every right to complain about the club. I applauded loudly in my lounge room last night when Woods roughed up Selwood or when Cowan was blanketing the sook. I cheered for Jones when despite being held by Lonegan, managed to knock the ball out to Tutt to kick a goal, and felt like some pride had come into the team when they all ran to Jones, then I thought these acts stand out, when they should be happening all the time. I know the talent is not there, what I want to see is effort and I will cut up rough about it when it's not there.

You keep preaching the word of the Lord though.  ::)

i am not a religious person....religion is your interpretation...

i retracted the fair weather supporter statement...read the thread

stop spinning it...Carlton supporter and members MUST financially support this club ..by turning up to etihad (a stadium of which I despise) and swiping their membership card

if not, we run the risk of turning into a Fitzroy

Reply #27
I've had differences with Kruddler but I will back him here. He is far from a fair weather supporter, as good a supporter as you'd get. I'm with him, the club to earn their dollars from supporters, not mindlessly follow like football sheep. The club won't change anything otherwise.

you are clearly missing the financial point - if you don't turn up to Etihad you financially kill the club

therefore, you then force the continuation of the messiah culture of carlton where a big financial backer is needed...

the same situation where we have now - at the bottom of the ladder....

Reply #28
you are clearly missing the financial point - if you don't turn up to Etihad you financially kill the club

therefore, you then force the continuation of the messiah culture of carlton where a big financial backer is needed...

the same situation where we have now - at the bottom of the ladder....

As opposed to killing them softly and slowly with incompetence and poor performance.

It's not the supporters who are to blame here.
The supporters have maintained the faith financially for a dozen years with little return on their emotional investment
It's successive poor decisions at board and administrative level that have bought us to this point.
That shows little sign of improving as the club through its public declarations has paralysed itself.

Reply #29
As opposed to killing them softly and slowly with incompetence and poor performance.

It's not the supporters who are to blame here.
The supporters have maintained the faith financially for a dozen years with little return on their emotional investment
It's successive poor decisions at board and administrative level that have bought us to this point.
That shows little sign of improving as the club through its public declarations has paralysed itself.

HELLO!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))

i have been banging on about the board here from day 1

so all lets put the white flag up and sook into our corners....