Skip to main content
Topic: Reserves Scratch Match V Geelong (Read 3045 times) previous topic - next topic

Reserves Scratch Match V Geelong

Haven't been able to find much information on this match. Do we know what time the game is commencing? Likewise who is on the field and who might being held back for the  main game!  Guess any sort of commentary or even scores is unlikely.   

We seem to be in a football world of "minimal information" for the masses.    Looked earlier to see who our emergencies are for the tonight, but couldn't locate any reference.

Perhaps someone is perched "up in a tree" overlooking Kardinia oval  ;)  and can shed some light!

Cheers for now
Ab

Re: Reserves Scratch Match V Geelong

Reply #1
Not a lot of info going around. It would be very nice to know what was happening and how our kids were faring.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #2
X2.  We're not allowed to attend,  and there's no FTA.   So,  how are we supposed to follow our club Gil???
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #3
X2.  We're not allowed to attend,  and there's no FTA.   So,  how are we supposed to follow our club Gil???

There was a tweet going around last week which stated there was not enough reporters to go around so that the Dogs vs Saints game did not get a right up.

Not sure how true it was, and can obviously be written up after watching the replay, but it begs the question if we cant get coverage of the 1's what hope do we have on the 2's!

Reply #4
Just pack us off to GMHBA to make up the numbers and forget we exist...

Reply #7
Was hoping for a bit more than ....’ while Liam Stocker and Matthew Owies built into the game.’ regarding Stocker.

Reply #8
Sounds like the Baby Blues had a win. Good.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #9
Was hoping for a bit more than ....’ while Liam Stocker and Matthew Owies built into the game.’ regarding Stocker.

Translation: They were out there, but i didn't notice them until late in the game.

Reply #10
Matt Kennedy in for Setters next week.
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #11
Matt Kennedy in for Setters next week.

Does Kennedy have his mobility back? Since his serious ankle injury he’s been far too slow in the middle but acknowledge that we are desperate for another big body as Setterfield isn't providing the support Cripps desperately needs. 

I’d cut Setterfield and get SOS in the middle and bring in Philp for outside run. I’d also like to find a way to replace Plowman, however it’s not clear who could come in for him? Where is Marchbank at? Could Stocker or Honey do it?

Reply #12
Setterfield was quite good on the inside this week, did a lot of the bullock work against Selwood and Dangerfield in Cripps absence, which stops the opposition getting a breather and swinging momentum. Also allows guys like Murphy, Gibbons, Martin and Ed to stay outside the contest.

Cunningham and Walsh had quiet games, they might be in the gun for players like Kennedy or Owies, but I doubt it after being quiet in a win, but they play in positions that need a reasonable possession count to sustain a spot so who knows.

Can't see many changes if and when we play next, and the good form is only a scratch match, which is a bit Mickey Mouse. They need someone to have a shocker before a change is made.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #13
Setterfield was quite good on the inside this week, did a lot of the bullock work against Selwood and Dangerfield in Cripps absence, which stops the opposition getting a breather and swinging momentum. Also allows guys like Murphy, Gibbons, Martin and Ed to stay outside the contest.

Cunningham and Walsh had quiet games, they might be in the gun for players like Kennedy or Owies, but I doubt it after being quiet in a win, but they play in positions that need a reasonable possession count to sustain a spot so who knows.

Can't see many changes if and when we play next, and the good form is only a scratch match, which is a bit Mickey Mouse. They need someone to have a shocker before a change is made.

It’s like we watched totally different games, which is quite strange as I agree with most of your posts

Sadly, Setterfield is not and will never be the bullocking type that we need and you want Ed scrapping and tagging on the inside of the contest and preferably handing off to others to kicking inside fwd 50. If we play next week, I’m fairly sure SOS or Kennedy will take Setterfields role

Reply #14
Cunningham is a real tease.   Good size,  kicks the ball fluently, is a goal kicker and has pace... But only plays five minutes here and there.   What he does is good but he needs to do a lot more and contribute more consistently