Skip to main content
Topic: Eddie Nowhere (Read 1523 times) previous topic - next topic

Eddie Nowhere

Been a big week for Eddie, his club totally screwed up the trade period (and their medium recruiting) and he got ‘boned’ by Triple M!!  The most interesting aspect of these 2 incidents is how the spin doctors are rolled in to smooth the waters!

“ Eddie McGuire and Luke Darcy say family tragedies helped inform their decision to walk away from Triple M’s Hot Breakfast show.

Darcy’s father, former VFL footballer David Darcy, passed away on August 1. McGuire’s mother Bridie died two days later.”

Why did it take four days to come up with this?? Because the true stories of crap ratings and the McGuire / Darcy feud came out first!!

Re: Eddie Nowhere

Reply #1
Been a big week for Eddie, his club totally screwed up the trade period (and their medium recruiting) and he got ‘boned’ by Triple M!!  The most interesting aspect of these 2 incidents is how the spin doctors are rolled in to smooth the waters!

“ Eddie McGuire and Luke Darcy say family tragedies helped inform their decision to walk away from Triple M’s Hot Breakfast show.

Darcy’s father, former VFL footballer David Darcy, passed away on August 1. McGuire’s mother Bridie died two days later.”

Why did it take four days to come up with this?? Because the true stories of crap ratings and the McGuire / Darcy feud came out first!!
What feud?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
What feud?

Very, very strong disagreement re Daniel Andrew’s and his handling of the COVID situation. Darcy was filthy given the circumstances that his father died ( like so many, lonely, depressed and then no decent send off) while Eddie continually pumped Dan the Man  up while lying by the pool up north!!

Reply #3
Very, very strong disagreement re Daniel Andrew’s and his handling of the COVID situation. Darcy was filthy given the circumstances that his father died ( like so many, lonely, depressed and then no decent send off) while Eddie continually pumped Dan the Man  up while lying by the pool up north!!

I heard one of Darcy's anti Dan rants on the M's... way over the top, but I can well imagine that anyone who disagrees with Darcy (and to a lesser degree, Ed for that matter) would be marked 'enemy' for a very long time.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #4
And who is Eddie's brother?  Case resolved  

Reply #5
The accusation Darcy levelled at Andrews - that the lockdown killed his father - was speculative and unfair in that Andrews couldn’t say anything in response other than to express sympathy for Darcy’s loss.

Was Darcy’s father in a nursing home? Was he suffering from dementia or medical issues? Was the depression a pre-existing issue? Did he commit suicide (by his own hand or with medical assistance)? Or did Darcy believe that his depression somehow deprived him of the will to live and this caused his death?

The unfortunate fact is that the elderly sometimes want to check out. That happened with my father before Covid. He refused to eat and pleaded with my sister to allow him to die. My sister held a medical power of attorney and could have directed intravenous feeding. She agreed to the doctors giving palliative care until he died.

If Andrews had been a complete idiot, he could have questioned Darcy to explore these issues. Of course, he couldn’t and didn’t. Journos would know you can’t use interviews to air personal grudges. When Darcy acts as a pseudo-journo, he should abide by the same rules.

That’s not to say the issue of the mental health effects of loneliness imposed by the lockdown wasn’t and isn’t worthy of coverage. But that would involve a dispassionate consideration of the issue. Instead, Darcy just achieved what he would have done with a Facebook post. Sure, he made a splash, but he didn’t spark any serious discussion.

Reply #6
Nice post Mav.

Reply #7
It's sad for Darcy, and thousands of others who have had family pass during this COVID era, and there is a good chance it's not over so if we make emotional decisions based on those horrible experiences things could get even worse during a potential 3rd wave.

There is some irony in that my OS associates report Victoria is now being lauded globally for the management of the COVID situation.
The Force Awakens!