Skip to main content
Topic: Stosur vs Sheik 2015 (Read 34828 times) previous topic - next topic

Stosur vs Sheik 2015

Let's get it out the way early and keep the rants confined to 1 thread this year :P

Re: Stosur vs Sheik 2015

Reply #1
Let's get it out the way early and keep the rants confined to 1 thread this year :P

Straights sets to the Sheik IMO over the past few years...Stosur is one of the most disappointing players on the Tennis tour given
her talent and physical capabilities. She has proven that Sport is largely played above her broad shoulders and that mental disintegration
is alive and well in the heat of the battle...

Reply #2

Straights sets to the Sheik IMO over the past few years...Stosur is one of the most disappointing players on the Tennis tour given
her talent and physical capabilities. She has proven that Sport is largely played above her broad shoulders and that mental disintegration
is alive and well in the heat of the battle...

Stosur and Shane Watson are in the same boat IMO, hvae the natural ability but not the mental strength to capitalize. I'm sure if we researched their family trees we'd find they're related.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #3
Sammy would smash Shane in an arm wrestle any day of the week......
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #5
Shouldn't Agey be included in this? :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #6
I agree that the body can be built however you want, if the space between the ears doesn't work properly you have no hope under pressure. Sheik by a country mile. ;)
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #7
Yes Sheik has achieved as much as Stosur. No doubt she has issues in her mind but she's still won grand slam tournament. Been a while since an Aussie girl did that.

Reply #9
I reckon she's great.

Winning a slam title is about as difficult as it gets in women's sport.
Seems like a good kid as well.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #10
Where is Sheik? On an over 28's singles cruise?

Reply #11
I reckon she's great.

I think she is a decent person and rather sensitive which doesnt come across being such a physical player and I think its the sensitivity
that gets the demons working in her mind which often leads to her downfall..

Reply #13
I reckon she's great.

Me too!

And she is as fit as  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #14
Great guns... she has them. yes.

Apparently she is over her previous nagging foot injury issues... will be interesting to see if it aligns in a turn (improve) in form or she continues to do a 'watto'...

love the watto analogy too. brilliant.