Skip to main content
Topic: 2019 AFLW Preliminary Final: Carlton vs Fremantle (Read 8261 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2019 AFLW Preliminary Final: Carlton vs Fremantle

Reply #30
Taylor Harris is unbelievably impressive - for her to put up with that crap this week and not only turn it on itself, call out sexual harassment, call out pathetic low life trolls and then play like the gun she is - unreal ????????

Her athleticism is fantastic to watch 

Reply #31
Taylor Harris is unbelievably impressive - for her to put up with that crap this week and not only turn it on itself, call out sexual harassment, call out pathetic low life trolls and then play like the gun she is - unreal ????????

Her athleticism is fantastic to watch

Yep, agree again Micky.

Reply #32
I wonder if our lads will garnish something of her work ethic?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #33
I wonder if our lads will garnish something of her work ethic?
My 12yo asked if he could change teams yet again after Thursday’s game, is sick of losing!

But begged to go to the women’s game today and then watched in awe with what they put up and is now hoping we get a GF at home so we can go.

Really great as a whole for CFC, much needed good stuff to watch and things to look forward to!

Reply #34
From spooners to grand finalists.

Top effort from the girls and all concerned.  :)
Doesn't happen often, but it was really nice! :) One of the best times I've had watching TV!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #35
Can be....
There isn't a hard and fast rule as to where it will/should be held.

If Adelaide beat Geelong, you are essentially having 1st vs 1st...so who deserves the home ground?

If Geelong beat Adelaide, then its pretty clear we deserve home ground as we finished above them. So Ikon it would be.

AFL has a tough call on their hands.
I'm pretty sure Adelaide have already had a GF in their paddock. Ikon Park is by far the superior venue!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #37
CARLTON  1.5   5.7   7.8   9.10 (64)
FREMANTLE  1.1   1.2   2.2   4.4 (28)

GOALS
Carlton: Dalton 2, Vescio, Prespakis, Harris, Moody, Lucas-Rodd, Walker, Hosking
Fremantle: O'Sullivan 2, Houghton, Duffy

BEST
Carlton: Brazzale, Prespakis, Harris, Davey, Harrington, Moody
Fremantle: Bowers, Hooker, Gooch, Sharp

INJURIES
Fremantle: Donnellan (knee soreness) replaced in selected side by Grieve, Atkins (shoulder), Gooch (wrist), Miller (shoulder)
Carlton: Harrington (shoulder)

Great game by Lauren Brazzale: easily her best season of AFLW footy. Really solid by Ali Downie, who did very well in the ruck and around the ground. Moody also was more dangerous and didn't make as many mistakes as she can: that combo gave us first use and our mids responded nicely.Everyone did something useful, even Till Lucas-Rodd who was lucky to be there. She was strong over the ball and made some excellent tackles. Gabby Pound, Kerryn Harrington, Jayde van Dyke and the other defenders also really had solid games.
Tayla Harris, take a bow! Showed what she is really about. I doubt any trolls are willing to aim for her this week: I can't see how they could be that stupid in the first place, but after this week a comment against her would be suicide.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #38
CARLTON  1.5   5.7   7.8   9.10 (64)
FREMANTLE  1.1   1.2   2.2   4.4 (28)

GOALS
Carlton: Dalton 2, Vescio, Prespakis, Harris, Moody, Lucas-Rodd, Walker, Hosking
Fremantle: O'Sullivan 2, Houghton, Duffy

BEST
Carlton: Brazzale, Prespakis, Harris, Davey, Harrington, Moody
Fremantle: Bowers, Hooker, Gooch, Sharp

INJURIES
Fremantle: Donnellan (knee soreness) replaced in selected side by Grieve, Atkins (shoulder), Gooch (wrist), Miller (shoulder)
Carlton: Harrington (shoulder)

Great game by Lauren Brazzale: easily her best season of AFLW footy. Really solid by Ali Downie, who did very well in the ruck and around the ground. Moody also was more dangerous and didn't make as many mistakes as she can: that combo gave us first use and our mids responded nicely.Everyone did something useful, even Till Lucas-Rodd who was lucky to be there. She was strong over the ball and made some excellent tackles. Gabby Pound, Kerryn Harrington, Jayde van Dyke and the other defenders also really had solid games.
Tayla Harris, take a bow! Showed what she is really about. I doubt any trolls are willing to aim for her this week: I can't see how they could be that stupid in the first place, but after this week a comment against her would be suicide.
A little surprised you mentioned all those players without adding Sarah Hosking in there. I thought she was actually our best player overall taking into account her defensive abilities and she used the ball much better than Brazzale. Brazzale did have a great game though.

Reply #39
Based on what?

The GF has been at Ikon the past 2 years. We make it and they move it? Possible, but not guaranteed.

Selfishly, if Adelaide win, I hope they have the GF as a curtain raiser to the Port v Carlton game here in Adelaide next week, then I could see them play in the GF live !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #40
I'm pretty sure Adelaide have already had a GF in their paddock. Ikon Park is by far the superior venue!

My bad, it wasn't at Ikon in the first season. But it wasn't in Adelaide either. It was at Metricon (Gold Coast) as a home game for Brisbane.

Reply #41
I did just find this paragraph in regards to the venue of the grand final...
The winner of both games will progress to the Grand Final next Sunday (time TBC), with the team with the most premiership points (or highest percentage if points are the same) earning hosting rights.

Reply #42
A little surprised you mentioned all those players without adding Sarah Hosking in there. I thought she was actually our best player overall taking into account her defensive abilities and she used the ball much better than Brazzale. Brazzale did have a great game though.
I should have mentioned Sarah Hosking. Really good game!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #43
Just watched the press conference from the weekend with Harf and Tayla. She is such an impressive young lady. Made jokes about Harf and was just super impressive. It seems that they are all a close nit group and it is a credit to Harf to get them into this postion after last years disaster.

Click on the link its well worth a look.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2019-03-23/aflw-postmatch-blues

Reply #44
Out of the country last week. Just watched replay on the big screen.
Our pressure was relentless.
Our structures were rock solid.
There were no passengers and the girls really looked full of confidence. They took the game on from the first bounce and played for each other.
They nullified or at least limited Freo's top talent.

Great team effort girls. Well deserved win.
Special shout out to Tayla Harris. What an impressive super talented well balanced young lady. Power to you Tayla.

Bring that intensity and team commitment, and we're a chance of a major upset.
Regardless of Sunday's result. It has been a great season and is a credit to all at the club.

Go Blues
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.