Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney (Read 35638 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Parlay: AFL 2019 Rd 3: Carlton vs Sydney

Reply #75
I've been a Teague fan but.....
Teague's our forward coach
Our forward line is a shambles.

You would have to be an insider to know what's actually going on there ….but Teague has enough on his plate to get that functional before we hand over a senior gig to him.

Reply #76
BB will need to start adjusting the old MM formula of booting it down the line b/c we'll struggle to register a win with that game plan.
The tactics of a risk averse coach. We’re losing anyway, may as well back your players to play some attacking footy by moving through the corridor. Sure, with our skills we’re going to turn it over a fair bit. But when we do it we’re competitive. When we go long down the boundary, we just stop and look uninterested.

Reply #77

Was thinking the same, and was about to post. The idea that David Teague is the new messiah did at least give me a chuckle.

Reply #78
Was thinking the same, and was about to post. The idea that David Teague is the new messiah did at least give me a chuckle.
[/b][/u]

Wo, wo, wo... taking a little creative licence there PP. I don't think anyone has suggested DT as a Messiah... nuh. I don't think it's necessary to have a dig at folks for expressing heartfelt concerns and beliefs. I understand that you're willing and wanting to maintain the course -- and respect that -- but there are some of us who believe that things are not quite as rosy and are expressing that.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #79
We lose Cripps we lose  20 000 members and we'll be in Tasmania within 12 months.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #80

You would have to be an insider to know what's actually going on there ….but Teague has enough on his plate to get that functional before we hand over a senior gig to him.

I think the support for DT comes from how well he did with the NBs. As for our forward line, well the success of that depends on so much from up the field and what the senior coach is instructing him to do.

Reply #81
[/b][/u]

Wo, wo, wo... taking a little creative licence there PP. I don't think anyone has suggested DT as a Messiah... nuh. I don't think it's necessary to have a dig at folks for expressing heartfelt concerns and beliefs. I understand that you're willing and wanting to maintain the course -- and respect that -- but there are some of us who believe that things are not quite as rosy and are expressing that.

The club is at a significant point in its history now - we're about to find out whether this epic rebuild, unprecedented in AFL/VFL history (so far as I can tell), is going to be an epic fail, or an epic success. Of course, no one knows. It's not really about things not being rosy, but if changes have to be made, they can't just be knee-jerk. They must be considered and correct.

You and I have both been around here for years, and we know the pattern. Losses mount, supporters start baying for blood, the simple solution is to sack the coach. The losses continue, so we sack that coach and get a new one. Rinse and repeat. Time to change it up. Stick fat this time around and see how it goes.

If we can't be straight with each other, there's no point being here. You can be as blunt with me as you like. I like you and respect you.

Reply #82
Agree 100%. I, also, don't want knee-jerk stuff (as MM was). But into year 4 and things look as grim as ever calls for conversations, hard conversations re are we headed in the right direction. We've been sticking fat, more impressively so than for any time I can remember! Despite our poor showing in BBs first two years, we knew the size of the change and the resultant hurt, but we signed up, turned up and stood by the club.

There are cracks in BBs coaching which are apparent and I am certainly not advocating a coup like in previous years/decades... just discussion. And that discussion should say to BB, 'We've supported you all the way, regardless, but now we don't want cliche's and cutesy phrases. Now we want to see that you know what you're doing, and that means winning games. If you can't coach us to winning games, then we have to look elsewhere.'

Reply #83
was Murph injured - should he have played at all?
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #85
Agree 100%. I, also, don't want knee-jerk stuff (as MM was). But into year 4 and things look as grim as ever calls for conversations, hard conversations re are we headed in the right direction. We've been sticking fat, more impressively so than for any time I can remember! Despite our poor showing in BBs first two years, we knew the size of the change and the resultant hurt, but we signed up, turned up and stood by the club.

There are cracks in BBs coaching which are apparent and I am certainly not advocating a coup like in previous years/decades... just discussion. And that discussion should say to BB, 'We've supported you all the way, regardless, but now we don't want cliche's and cutesy phrases. Now we want to see that you know what you're doing, and that means winning games. If you can't coach us to winning games, then we have to look elsewhere.'

I realise it's scandalous, and you and others can ridicule me to your heart's content, but the last 3 seasons were just marking time. Assessing wins / losses, coaching etc. is futile. We were fielding teams under false pretences, and I would not pay any attention to what happened before this season. IMO, Bolton's clock didn't start ticking in 2016. It starts now.

Reply #86
Does Wallsy sit in the coaches box? Just sayin...
I always thought SOS would've been a good coach. ???
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #87
I realise it's scandalous, and you and others can ridicule me to your heart's content, but the last 3 seasons were just marking time. Assessing wins / losses, coaching etc. is futile. We were fielding teams under false pretences, and I would not pay any attention to what happened before this season. IMO, Bolton's clock didn't start ticking in 2016. It starts now.
I think Bolts is lucky the Judge doesn't make rash decisions!
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #88
I think the support for DT comes from how well he did with the NBs. As for our forward line, well the success of that depends on so much from up the field and what the senior coach is instructing him to do.

Yep,
As I said you would have to be an insider to know just what latitude Teague has to work the forward structures.
But they're not working well at the moment.

Reply #89
x2
I may be mistaken but I think I heard Crippa say on the footy show the other that since he has been at the club, 100 list changes have occured. Thats unheard of. He also said only now he feels that they have a stable group and they can form relationships and grow together with out fear that mates will be delisted on masse.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time