Skip to main content
Topic: Darcy’s lazy nine goals (Read 3066 times) previous topic - next topic

Darcy’s lazy nine goals

I just watched the highlights - actually, it was Darcy’s highlights - and I think Ms Vescio’s efforts deserve a thread of their own.

OK, it was VFLW and not AFLW but nine goals is an amazing effort, particularly when you consider how she got them; crumbing, evading opponents, pack marks, leading, etc.

I reckon her nine goal haul is the equivalent of a 20 goal tally in the VFL.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: Darcy’s lazy nine goals

Reply #1
I just watched the highlights - actually, it was Darcy’s highlights - and I think Ms Vescio’s efforts deserve a thread of their own.

OK, it was VFLW and not AFLW but nine goals is an amazing effort, particularly when you consider how she got them; crumbing, evading opponents, pack marks, leading, etc.

I reckon her nine goal haul is the equivalent of a 20 goal tally in the VFL.

Super player. Top effort. 

Reply #2
For those who wanted to actually watch the highlights being spoken about....
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018-08-27/highlights-vescios-bag-of-9

She is a freak.

Having her back FULLY FIT in the AFLW side (hurt her knee in the pre-season and had it strapped all year) along with the return of Bri Davey (obviously from her ACL) will just about ensure we rise back up the ladder.

Vescio at the feet of Harris will be a joy to watch.

Reply #3
Only female player I know anything about is Darcy V. and that was thanks to that little Doco on her that was on the website....great work with nine goals and she also has a equally great family history/story.....very likeable young lady and hope she does well next season.....although I wont be watching...

Reply #4
For those who wanted to actually watch the highlights being spoken about....
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/video/2018-08-27/highlights-vescios-bag-of-9

She is a freak.

Having her back FULLY FIT in the AFLW side (hurt her knee in the pre-season and had it strapped all year) along with the return of Bri Davey (obviously from her ACL) will just about ensure we rise back up the ladder.

Vescio at the feet of Harris will be a joy to watch.
Last AFLW season she was seriously underprepared. No big surprise, considering her injury. It was going to take time to be gain confidence in her leg and to regain her touch. Hopefully this season she can show more of what we want to see: Carlton goals!
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
Whether it was AFLW or not.

It's very hard to argue against the extended goal-square, starting positions and other rules when you have a classy FF kick nine goals mostly one out in the trial game!

Here endeth the flood!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #6

It's very hard to argue against the extended goal-square, starting positions and other rules when you have a classy FF kick nine goals mostly one out in the trial game!

Here endeth the flood!

I'm not sure that the goal rectangle and starting positions made that much difference.  All of Darcy's goals came from general play and several when she had multiple opponents.  However, if there is a causal link between the proposed new rules and full forwards kicking bags, bring it on!
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #7

Here endeth the flood!

Yeah, not sure the 2 are linked at all.

I haven't seen domination like that for quite a while.

Watching those highlights of Darcy reminded me of the day Fev kicked 8 in basically a half against the bombers beating BOTH Mal Michael and Dustin Fletcher. Won us that game single handedly.