Skip to main content
Topic: The Greyhound Industry (Read 17354 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The Greyhound Industry

Reply #15
@c4e and Sandsmere
We'll surely the good people then would love to see the industry cleaned up and the rogues excluded. Otherwise this stuff will continue to haunt them?

Personally, and I repeat personally, I put dog welfare way ahead of the fiscal interests of the greyhound racing industry. Greyhounds are a beautiful, intelligent and affectionate breed in general. It's gut wrenching to hear of them being mistreated.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #16
Looks like a grubby business to me....

Reply #17
@ cookie2
Correct with greyhounds. One of the most placid animals you would come across

Reply #18
When the lowest common denominator causes a closing/eliminating an entire sport/industry we're in strife.

Put in place some tough laws to protect the industry from d1ckheads, yes. But don't let the d1ckheads ruin it for everyone. Throw the book at the d1ckhead... punish them severely, make them hurt... especially in the hip pocket and ban them from anything to do with greyhounds.

I'm betting that many if not most folks in the dishlicker business love the critters and treat them well.

They're a beautiful animal and deserve to be treated well.

Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #19
It's not the dogs being treated poorly though Baggers.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #20
They should go by the EFC/Hird playbook. 

Sure, they've tried to run the rogue operator line, but they haven't been able to keep repeating it in the face of criticism.

Next, they need to find some possible crime or breach of ethics committed by those who took the incriminating video.  Make it about their conduct rather than the trainers'.

And of course they should bog on about how the dogs were duped and they shouldn't lose the right to compete just because some rogue operators messed it up for them.

Reply #21

Wasn't it piglets, rabbits and possums ?

Just goes to show you how evil people can behave when life is all about the money.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #22

You should read DJC's earlier post Carrots. There is some serious abuse of the dogs going on in some sectors of the industry.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #23
The animal lobby needs to take a good hard look at itself too.  I believe that they effectively sat on this story since November last year.  How many possums, piglets, cats, rabbits, etc have suffered because they didn't inform the RSPCA immediately?

“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #24
Racing is a grubby business...my bro in law used to race trotters/pacers and gave it away after the threats, damage to property, car park attacks etc when he wouldnt nobble his horses.....
Told me the Dogs was equally as bad......said you could smell the deep heat on the dogs at the end of the race, deep heat on your nutsack would probably get you hopping around too... :(

Cruelty to animals is unforgivable and these morons should be jailed and banned from owning animals...

Reply #25
I know a couple of Greyhound owners and they think this issue will just go away.

I remember one of them told me to keep my cat locked up.... and a couple of months later kitty went missing :(  (about 10-12 years ago).

Reply #26
I know a couple of Greyhound owners and they think this issue will just go away.

P1ssing into the wind LR!

The greyhound industry has got up the noses of three state governments; two are new and want to make their mark, the other is about to go to an election.  I suspect that there are more votes among those who are opposed to animal cruelty than among those who want the dishlickers left to look after themselves.  Government action to stop animal cruelty is inevitable.

As long as there is a greyhound industry, there will be owners and trainers who will attempt to get their dogs to run faster by allowing them to maul defenceless creatures.  It's going to get a lot harder for them to get away with their senseless cruelty.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #27
Cruelty to animals is unforgivable and these morons should be jailed and banned from owning animals...

That is the sort of action that is required, not the anarchist demand to punish every participant just because of the bad apples.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28

The greyhound industry has got up the noses of three state governments; two are new and want to make their mark, the other is about to go to an election.  I suspect that there are more votes among those who are opposed to animal cruelty than among those who want the dishlickers left to look after themselves.  Government action to stop animal cruelty is inevitable.

As long as there is a greyhound industry, there will be owners and trainers who will attempt to get their dogs to run faster by allowing them to maul defenceless creatures.  It's going to get a lot harder for them to get away with their senseless cruelty.

I agree all Governments will do something to deal with this.

The industry wont be fforced to shut though. Too many billions at stake.... including to rural and regional areas

Reply #29

I agree all Governments will do something to deal with this.

The industry wont be fforced to shut though. Too many billions at stake.... including to rural and regional areas

Agree ..a few state greyhound admin boards will be sacked, think the one in NSW has already resigned on mass and few trainers will be offered up as fall guys and it will be onto the next
corrupt method to influence the outcome of races....