Skip to main content
Topic: Casboult to CHB (Read 17739 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Casboult to CHB

Reply #45
Isn't the old saying "mugs to the back line"?   Though,  I don't think he is,  but he is more physically suited to defence.

My late father used that line often....Kerr isnt a mug but opportunities down forward will be limited and his talents could be used down back and I do
hope the coaching staff can see the same and give Kerr every opportunity to develop as a key backman...much more sensible than trying to use Casboult in that role..

Reply #46
Isn't the old saying "mugs to the back line"?   Though,  I don't think he is,  but he is more physically suited to defence.

I think someone said that about Gordon Collis ... and Kouta had a stint as a defender when he was out of form.

If nothing else, it has to be good for the young man’s development.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #47
Kouta played much of his underage footy at fullback,  and played as a tall defender in 98-99 when his father was suffering cancer and his heart wasn't in the game.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #48
We used to use him for a half down back and then shift him on the ball in the second half.

It was a game changing tactic and left him fresh to use his athleticism to greater advantage at a time when he was athletically superior to the average midfielder and rotations were not used as a tactic to keep guys fresh.

We would choke the opposition for a half using tough nuggety Darren Hulme types, and then switch to Kouta mode to influence matches and take better advantage of Ratten underneath packs.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #49
We used to use him for a half down back and then shift him on the ball in the second half.

It was a game changing tactic and left him fresh to use his athleticism to greater advantage at a time when he was athletically superior to the average midfielder and rotations were not used as a tactic to keep guys fresh.

We would choke the opposition for a half using tough nuggety Darren Hulme types, and then switch to Kouta mode to influence matches and take better advantage of Ratten underneath packs.

I remember it well, Thry. Wasn't it nice when we were ahead of the game?

Reply #50
Take it with a grain of salt but the gallery from today’s training includes a shot of Kerr matched up with McKay  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #51
Take it with a grain of salt but the gallery from today’s training includes a shot of Kerr matched up with McKay  :)
Is McKay going to CHB?
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #52
Is McKay going to CHB?

Sounds like it  :)

Reply #53
If this Kerr / McKay stuff has any legs it just highlights the time we have wasted over the last couple of years retaining Meat.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #54
I wouldnt read too much into photos. I tell you what I did like, the conditioning of our blokes seems unreal, Charlie Curnow and Weiters look like absolute beasts. Also noticed that Faz is there with them all be it in a cast. I reckon Jack Russell will run him hard, make no mistake.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #56
If this Kerr / McKay stuff has any legs it just highlights the time we have wasted over the last couple of years retaining Meat.

Give it a rest LP.

Casboult provides a back up ruck and that's essential given Phillips' inability to get on the park and Kreuzer's ability to find novel ways to miss games.

I wouldnt read too much into photos. I tell you what I did like, the conditioning of our blokes seems unreal, Charlie Curnow and Weiters look like absolute beasts. Also noticed that Faz is there with them all be it in a cast. I reckon Jack Russell will run him hard, make no mistake.

Hence the 'grain of salt' G2C, but a similar observation led to this "Casboult to CHB" thread.  As I have said previously, Kerr does have the attributes to hold down a key defender spot and I'd like to see him given an opportunity there.

You're not wrong about our blokes' conditioning; they look like world beaters.  Hopefully that will translate to four quarter efforts this season.

Fas will do OK when he gets his chance.

Reply #57
At a club with a list many deem to be overloaded with defenders, some of the big pre-season news is a rumor that we are turning two or maybe three forwards into KPDs!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #58
Just logical that Kerr given a shot at being a KPD - he's the right size, reads the plAY AND is a footballer.

Still only 20. He should be (potentially) groomed to be our Steven May (noting the latter is considrably shorter and lighter).

Big enough to take the gorillas.

He's behind McGovern, Big H, Charlie, Levi and arguably TDK too as a key forward.

By the time he matures - say 23, 24, Jones will be goneski.....
Finals, then 4 in a row!

Reply #59
At a club with a list many deem to be overloaded with defenders, some of the big pre-season news is a rumor that we are turning two or maybe three forwards into KPDs!

It is the off-season LP  ;)

We did lose three KPDs from our 2018 list - Rowe, ACOS and Glass McCasker - and replaced them with Goddard and Ben Silvagni (and McGovern if necessary) and Ben seems to be a season or two away from having an impact.