Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 7 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne (Read 7186 times) previous topic - next topic

AFL Rd 7 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne

Saturday night 30th April. 1925 at Marvel.
We are not on TV: St. Kilda vs Port is. :(

Last year this mob embarrassed us. It was losses like this that cost Teague his job. Very interesting to see how we react, because we've been pretty ordinary against North for some time now.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: AFL Rd 7 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs North Melbourne

Reply #1
Fair few who could come out but not so many options to come in.

Hope Pitto comes up but probably wont.  My view bring in Kennefy and Silvagni if fit, Motlop Dow Plowman and Carroll all a chance ytocome in.  Pitto and Harry may miss, any of Fisher Durdin Owies and Parks could go.

Reply #2
Half forwards and small forwards needs a complete re think to overhaul - they not been very good past four weeks. I'm ok with the rest of our game for now

Reply #3
Saturday night 30th April. 1925 at Marvel.
We are not on TV: St. Kilda vs Port is. :(

Last year this mob embarrassed us. It was losses like this that cost Teague his job. Very interesting to see how we react, because we've been pretty ordinary against North for some time now.

North trouble us when we need a win and have belief we can win. I have little confidence in a potentially easy game. We could get over the line, but I expect the opposite.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #4
Can't believe not even this game is a certainty given our recent efforts. Injuries to Pitt and H add more pressure. Think we need to add speed. Players like Setterfield and Newnes could make way for speedier types. Is there any reason why Will Hayes doesn't get  run. Is he ineligible? Failing that Carroll looks impressive. Hell, I'd even bring O'Brien back. Can't understand why Dow hasn't been given a crack. I know players like Fisher and Martin have been frustrating but they both still have a bit of "X" factor about them so I'd persist with them. Owies for me has been more disappointing and I'd be giving him a rest. Cottrell, Parks and Boyd are all VFL standard players who have not justified their inclusion. Stocker looks like he had a good game in the magoos and must be worth consideration by now. We know he'll have a crack. Kemp maybe? I sincerely hope both JSOS and Kennedy get back this week.

Reply #5
I'm pretty confident about this game. North are really poor. We should be looking at smacking the crap out of them.

More worried about Adelaide the game after. While in Melbourne it is the ultimate banana peel game right now.

Reply #6
There'll be a mushroom cloud over Princes Park if we drop this game.   Deservedly I might add.

Reply #7
I'm pretty confident about this game. North are really poor. We should be looking at smacking the crap out of them.

More worried about Adelaide the game after. While in Melbourne it is the ultimate banana peel game right now.
One week at a time laj, we are no certainties  v North Melb
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #8
Goldstein and Cerro are significant rucks, losing Pitto timing couldn't be worse!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
One week at a time laj, we are no certainties  v North Melb

Not worried about this one. North are that bad. Carlton being Carlton though they'll likely decide to jog through the game and win by 10-15pts.

Reply #10
Not worried about this one. North are that bad. Carlton being Carlton though they'll likely decide to jog through the game and win by 10-15pts.
We have a terrible record against North in recent times.
Played them once a year for the past 8 years.
Won once!

Reply #11
Is there any reason why Will Hayes doesn't get  run. Is he ineligible?
Yep, not on the AFL list.

Reply #12
Goldstein and Cerro are significant rucks, losing Pitto timing couldn't be worse!
Tend to agree, if Xerri can do the ruck work then Goldstein can play forward which is where he will trouble us, Larkey got injured so I'm hoping he doesnt play, Ben McKay was also sore so if they lose those two as well as not having bogeyman Cunnington who is still out who always plays well against us I cant see them winning.

Reply #13
Tend to agree, if Xerri can do the ruck work then Goldstein can play forward which is where he will trouble us, Larkey got injured so I'm hoping he doesnt play, Ben McKay was also sore so if they lose those two as well as not having bogeyman Cunnington who is still out who always plays well against us I cant see them winning.

Guarantee one of Ben McKay or Harry McKay won't play.
Its like Batman and Bruce Wayne.