Skip to main content
Topic: AFL Rd 9 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS (Read 6673 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFL Rd 9 2022 Pre Game Prognostications Carlton vs GWS

Reply #45
Saad may not be good in the air, but he is good on the spoil and he is quick enough to close in on Greene on a lead, so he won't need to wrestle with him.

He is good on the tackle and will nor take a backwards step, but will run off him and force him to chase him or be burned.

Saad gets my vote.

Reply #46
I dont think they will burden Saad with Greene especially if the latter plays closer to goal.....the former is probably our quickest and best rebounding defender and according to Essendon didnt enjoy being told you have to mind a man deep on the goal line.
Dont get me wrong I rate him as one of the few on the list who can both defend and attack but I wouldnt be suprised to see a player like Plowman included to play a more negative game on Greene.

Reply #47
H out for 6 weeks, that's us then.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #48
McKay out with knee problems
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #50
I just put this in the injury thread, but should've gone here....

I'd go for something completely different.

1. Bring in Dow, play him in the middle for the whole game.
2. Play Kennedy at FF coming out of the square.....swapping with Cripps on occassions.
3. Use TDK and Jack as ruck, resting forward

Bank 4 points.

Reply #51
Use the Richmond 2017 premiership model  Lambert / Martin / Caddy
Butler / Riewoldt / Rioli

Fogarty    Kennedy  Silvagni
Owies    Curnow    Durham
(Motlop on the bench)

One key forward a couple of workhorses and a pack of hungry smalls

Reply #52
I would play Plowman forward. He doesn't need to star, just compete.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #53
Betting has flipped. GWS  $1.81 Carlton $2.04

Reply #54
Any chance it is going to be wet and swapping a tall for a mid size/small may be beneficial (or at least not a disadvantage)

Reply #55
McKays absence certainly tests the "like for like" replacement process, for as has been noticed we simply don't have a spare key forward. Kemp has the height but not the game style, the only other fit player with the physical attributes is Akeui who is miles off and a defender anyway. Yes the simplest replacement cog in the machine is Kemp, any other cog will require re-engineering if the machine is to function in the same manner as before. But the Kemp cog is a vastly inferior one to McKay. Perhaps a bigger cog in Mirkov though he is well off AFL ready. I like the idea of Kennedy and Cripps resting forward, with Hewett or if he is not fit Dow going into the mids. Fogarty (or even Motlop though I don't think him ready) in for Martin. Plowman if fit might come in Martin causing a further rejig, or in place of someone who would be unlucky to be dropped - Boyd Çottrell or Newnes perhaps. Carroll stays in for mine. All in all my preference would be Kennedy and Cripps to rotate Forward and centre and Dow into the midfield, but I suspect the match committee will go Kemp forward and keep the re-engineering of the machine to a minimum.

Reply #56
Charlie will need all the support he can get.  I expect voss will have his hands full

Reply #57
Any chance it is going to be wet and swapping a tall for a mid size/small may be beneficial (or at least not a disadvantage)
20 degrees with 10% chance of rain.  We are going to need the small forwards to be ultra aggressive this week.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #58
McKays absence certainly tests the "like for like" replacement process, for as has been noticed we simply don't have a spare key forward. Kemp has the height but not the game style, the only other fit player with the physical attributes is Akeui who is miles off and a defender anyway. Yes the simplest replacement cog in the machine is Kemp, any other cog will require re-engineering if the machine is to function in the same manner as before. But the Kemp cog is a vastly inferior one to McKay. Perhaps a bigger cog in Mirkov though he is well off AFL ready. I like the idea of Kennedy and Cripps resting forward, with Hewett or if he is not fit Dow going into the mids. Fogarty (or even Motlop though I don't think him ready) in for Martin. Plowman if fit might come in Martin causing a further rejig, or in place of someone who would be unlucky to be dropped - Boyd Çottrell or Newnes perhaps. Carroll stays in for mine. All in all my preference would be Kennedy and Cripps to rotate Forward and centre and Dow into the midfield, but I suspect the match committee will go Kemp forward and keep the re-engineering of the machine to a minimum.

Not too many teams could lose their first ruckman and biggest forward and cover them easily.

We should consider this a chance to mix things up and find other avenues to goal.  Harry and Charlie have been great, but we need more goals out of the other forwards and the mids.

If nothing else, we are going to learn about how resilient the group is.
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #59
Out H Martin Boyd
In Dow George Plowman (can't believe I typed that)
Cripps to FF, cometh the hour, cometh the man.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time