Skip to main content
Topic: Jess Hosking - Nominated: Jim Stynes Community Leadership award (Read 1617 times) previous topic - next topic

Jess Hosking - Nominated: Jim Stynes Community Leadership award

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2019-09-23/hosking-takes-on-new-york-marathon-
Hosking was announced as one of the four finalists for the award last week alongside Geelong's Jamaine Jones, GWS Giants' Stephen Coniglio and Port Adelaide's Travis Boak.

Great effort by Jess.

Dennis Armfield is a previous winner of the award.

She was the 'lesser known' Hosking, but seems to be the more active one outside of football. She's done some hosting duties, as well as the 4 charities she's involved in.

“Me and my sister Sarah will be going over to New York and running the New York Marathon to raise money for Interplast.”

Anticipating the challenge ahead, Hosking is hopeful only to finish ahead of her twin sister in at the finish line.

“I think we’ve kind of said to each other that we just want to finish it,” she said.

“We don’t want to push ourselves too much considering we’re going into pre-season, but at the same time we’re very competitive.

“So when we say that we’re going to run the race together, it’s probably going to get to the last 100 metres and I’ll try and trip her up so I can finish before her.”

Good to see her outside interests help keep her, and her sister, fit as well.  ;D

Re: Jess Hosking - Nominated: Jim Stynes Community Leadership award

Reply #1
Ive seen another video of her visiting a young girl in her carlton gear who also has a cleft pallet.   The young girl was so excited to see her she gave her the biggest koala bear squeeze hug like only young girls can.

It was a very touching moment.  Its an important reminder that despite what we might think of a players ability to play the game, sometimes their impact can surpass their on field abilities.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #2
I'm sure this is going to be a controversial statement;

Jess Hosking didn't get the gong. She works 5x harder than any of her male AFL counterparts in that charity category, miles ahead and way beyond the superficial rubbish the likes of Coniglio put up as alternatives. He looked embarrassed to be getting it, and rightly so!

We might be upset about the Brownlow result, but at least Fyfe was a deserving winner. Jess Hosking not getting that gong was a dead-set disgrace in my opinion, and in my opinion last night for whatever reason that award became politicized!

Gloch has b0rked up another one!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
I'm sure this is going to be a controversial statement;

Jess Hosking didn't get the gong. She works 5x harder than any of her male AFL counterparts in that charity category, miles ahead and way beyond the superficial rubbish the likes of Coniglio put up as alternatives. He looked embarrassed to be getting it, and rightly so!

We might be upset about the Brownlow result, but at least Fyfe was a deserving winner. Jess Hosking not getting that gong was a dead-set disgrace in my opinion, and in my opinion last night for whatever reason that award became politicized!

Gloch has b0rked up another one!

I think her getting a nomination goes above and beyond what was expected. Her not winning was a shame, but i think the recognition she got was a huge step in the right direction.

If you are going to put coniglio in the cross hairs, i would've thought you'd go down the conspiracy route.
Honestly, my first thought when he won it was that it was some kind of deal worked out with the AFL.
"You stay at GWS and we'll give your charity a big push ;)"
and voila, he's got the Jim Stynes award.

Too much?

In any event, it was a pleasure seeing Jess all frocked up. :o

Reply #4
I think her getting a nomination goes above and beyond what was expected. Her not winning was a shame, but i think the recognition she got was a huge step in the right direction.

If you are going to put coniglio in the cross hairs, i would've thought you'd go down the conspiracy route.
Honestly, my first thought when he won it was that it was some kind of deal worked out with the AFL.
"You stay at GWS and we'll give your charity a big push ;)"
and voila, he's got the Jim Stynes award.

Too much?

In any event, it was a pleasure seeing Jess all frocked up. :o

No conspiracy just a tragedy, Jess actually works hard ta her charity given her connection to the clefties.

Most of the AFL players give their community causes cursory attention at best, and some of the causes barely fit "community or charity" in the description! FFS, a lot of them are not much more than Auskick with a fundraiser attached!
The Force Awakens!