Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Banter: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood (Read 11588 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre game Banter: AFL 2020 Rd 14: Carlton vs Collingwood

Reply #120
SPS managed= dropped.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #121
These inclusions have a cocky look about them and have the danger of coming back to bite us 

Who could argue how much stronger we would be with Kennedy and Cunningham instead of Dow and polson. 

Dow hasn’t played good footy for 2 years and Polson has never played good footy and we include them both at the same time. I get you have to reward form but one at a time and in a less important game would seem to make more sense.

Massive gamble here Mr Teague.

Reply #122
These inclusions have a cocky look about them and have the danger of coming back to bite us 

Who could argue how much stronger we would be with Kennedy and Cunningham instead of Dow and polson. 

Dow hasn’t played good footy for 2 years and Polson has never played good footy and we include them both at the same time. I get you have to reward form but one at a time and in a less important game would seem to make more sense.

Massive gamble here Mr Teague.
True but yet another reason why this game is HUGE and tells alot about where we are at. We have shown we can mix it with the best, can we cover losses to injury/manage players and still win? This is fascinating and I am really looking forward to this game.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #123
SPS managed= dropped.
Yep. He has been played out of position in defence though. I would like to see him tried on the wing or hff.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #125
Disagree - he hurt his shoulder in the last game. Important player, yes, has that laconic look about him but still super important to us.

Agree and that’s what worries me with the inclusions.

They both try hard and usually do well at the lower lever but neither have the clean disposal SPS has.
SPS as you say can look lazy and almost disinterested but there is no doubt In my mind he can’t play or may not make it. It’s just how good he can be that the query lies.

Issue is vastly different with Dow and Polson. I’m not sold on Dow and still has a little time to show me is is worth a top 3 pick but sadly I have no faith at all Polson will make it. I hope they both prove me wrong but still say it’s massive risk to prove their improvement in such a massive high pressure game we just have to win.

Plus they both are shaky with the ball and it makes for nervous viewing which I was hoping to avoid for tomorrow game.

Not anymore.

Reply #126
Our problem all year has been our pressure all over the ground. Polson at least applies pressure.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #127
The question is, do the two changes, player for player improve the team? 3 matches Cottrell vs 40 matches Dow.  Out of form SPS replaced by a player who has shown consistent form in the scratch matches (as has Dow). Neither Kennedy or Cunningham would replace SPS at half back and we have a solid block of footy coming up where they’ll be used.  I’m comfortable.

Reply #128
I actually do trust the selection process with Teague there, we will see.

Reply #129
Our problem all year has been our pressure all over the ground. Polson at least applies pressure.

Have you even watched us this year?

We have prided ourselves on pressure, and were doing it well........3/4's of the time.

Against dogs they showed the pressure gauge in the first quarter. Dogs were 'elite', we were off the charts.
Dogs dropped right down to average (or below) and we dropped to high.

Pressure has been our strongpoint.

Getting the blokes with the whistle to signal in our favour
and
Booting through the bigger sticks
...have been our weaknesses.

Reply #130
Melbourne beat Saints. Does that make it harder/impossible to make the 8?
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #133
F king Melbourne!

In hindsight. Not fussed. We need to control our own destination.

Reply #134
Polson has probably been picked to go with Daicos who has been developing well for the Pies. Wonder if Dow might get a job like playing on Crisp who gets a lot of ball at half back and is a good user, Dow wouldn't be under pressure to get a lot of ball just keep Crisp quiet and pressured when he kicks down field.