Skip to main content
Topic: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast (Read 35400 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Post Game Passion: AFL 2019 Rd 4: Carlton vs. Gold Coast

Reply #90
I believe this is a reflection on the prevalent playing group culture which is the result of a lack of the right attitudes within our senior group over many years. We need to take some drastic action here imo.

That's my thoughts, changing coach takes us nowhere, but I doubt our club has the balls to make the playing list decision.

We've a list full of Pavlov's Dogs, trained to lose!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #91
leaving aside the dreadful field kicking, dud handballs, etc, etc, how is it that with a senior coach and I don't know how many assistants, we have so many players whose dreadful decision making wouldn't be tolerated in sides playing local football?

Reply #92
I saw no passion, intensity or spirit for the game from numerous players who have been gifted games not earning them. Played like a bunch of kids who have won junior b&fs but now it’s tough panic and can’t kick or handball

Reply #93
Yep...I'd question the coaching but I'd also be taking a serious look at the so called serious talent..

Serious talent doesnt kick the ball like some of our blokes do and make simple errors...Nick Holman was more effective than some of our so called serious talent
who pick and choose when they want to get serious.....

Coach isn't getting the best out of that talent. If they're picking and choosing they are not totally respecting the coach as they should.

Reply #94
I saw no passion, intensity or spirit for the game from numerous players who have been gifted games not earning them. Played like a bunch of kids who have won junior b&fs but now it’s tough panic and can’t kick or handball

Ironically, the only one showing any passion is Daisy imo,
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #95
Ironically, the only one showing any passion is Daisy imo,

We've said as much several weeks in a row!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #96
Here it is 4 weeks in and another spoon beckons. The ineptitude shown today defies belief. I have not seen so many spuds in the one team at the one time, oh wait yes I have. For many years now.
Gibbons has to go. Why did we keep kicking it to him, why??!
Obrien pffft. Another great pick. Why was he even selected?
Ed just as stupid as his younger brother but with incredibly worse skills. The number 1 butcher of the ball in the entire AFL. Thanks for missing that soda in the last. I'm surprised it didn't go out on the full.
Levi one reasonible game then back to shizen ... AGAIN.
Simmo should have retired a long long time ago
Plowman just makes too many mistakes
Dow how could this kid be a top draft pick? He can't kick?
Bumbling stumbling pretenders. I love Cripps, he doesn't deserve this tripe. I think we should do the honourable thing and release him after the 2 years are up and allow him the joy of victory somewhere else.
Harry no impact
McGovern, oh geez, you're sent down back as the loose in the last minutes of the game and in the frantic last seconds yo u're not in the goal square. Under 10's stuff.
Lobbe, no impact. I'd play an injured Kreuzer ahead of him.
Murph playing bruise free football .... AGAIN. Lots of touches but doesn't hurt anyone.
Setterfield, a fumbling phoney. Will get weeks for his week act on that kid. They'll probably bring Polsen back in for him

Well we'll be coming up against some really good teams shortly and boy we will get what for.then

Reply #97
Culture
We have been poor in that area for 16 years.
Too many pedestrians

Too many tossers more like it.  Fevola was tolerated because Jeanie thought he was good with the kids. Adelaide drop Gibbs which we didn't have the guts to do for 10 years. Total utter shambles.
Keyboard warrior #24601

Reply #98
Watching Carlton is just a numb experience now.  The young son was even asking Siri after the game if he could see a Carlton win...

My grumpiness is not with the younger players that will make mistakes.  Its the dismal lack of leadership by the senior players that is killing us.  Ed Curnow could have sealed the game but again (again and again) hacked his kick.  Adding another lousy stat to another dismal day replete with turnovers and missed opportunities.  Murphy played well but still second guesses himself and kicks it high and slow.   He is not going to change, we have to accept the limitations of our senior cohort as league players.  Too many turnovers and halting, static play that is indicative of a side that has been turned over and lacks much at the top.

Weitering was our best, along with Cripps.  Jones was very good, and Walsh stood out as one of the hardest runners I have seen.  But it is deeply worrying when he has been in our top 3 for the first four games. 

Hard to see who we are going to beat this year.

Reply #100
It would have been a massive confidence boost, yes.

A win is a win no matter how you get it. Gold Coast 3 wins and 1 loss by a point. I know what I would like to see.

Reply #101
I call it Gibbs/Murphy syndrome!
Wizard of Oz syndrome - no brains, no heart or courage and we just want to go home
It’s an epidemic at Carlton

Reply #102
We lost mainly because our disposal is barely VFL standard, pure and simple.
It's too late to go back to square one again this time around so we'll just blunder on and eventually reach 10th or 9th,then Walsh and Cripps will go and then we'll go back to square one again.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #103
We lost mainly because our disposal is barely VFL standard, pure and simple.
It's too late to go back to square one again this time around so we'll just blunder on and eventually reach 10th or 9th,then Walsh and Cripps will go and then we'll go back to square one again.

The writing is on the wall, even if we do improve dramatically for the remained of this season I suspect we'd almost have to make finals this year to have a chance of avoiding that happening!

Their managers will already be looking for the out!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #104
Sexton did pretty well on him

I thought Cripps was very good

JH, sorry Cripps tends to be a given for me . Wasn't saying Daisy was our best player or anything - he just seems like he really cares when others around him look indifferent by comparison.
Reality always wins in the end.