Skip to main content
Topic: CSC Upgrade (Read 14474 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CSC Upgrade

Reply #75
I just got the timeout message when posting a brief response.  Has this glitch migrated too?
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #76
I just got the timeout message when posting a brief response.  Has this glitch migrated too?

Unfortunately I have had that happen a couple of times too.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #77
I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to see the main header a bit more indicative of new activity when the landing page opens. I do notice on some devices you can see a change in typeface when a tab is active, but on some small devices it's a barely visible change.

For example perhaps also change color to the menu if there are New Posts to be seen!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #78
I don't know if it's possible, but I'd love to see the main header a bit more indicative of new activity when the landing page opens. I do notice on some devices you can see a change in typeface when a tab is active, but on some small devices it's a barely visible change.

For example perhaps also change color to the menu if there are New Posts to be seen!

I've saved my bookmark at the new posts page and keep going back there after reading a post to see other new ones.  if it helps - https://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?action=unread

Reply #79
I've saved my bookmark at the new posts page and keep going back there after reading a post to see other new ones.  if it helps - https://www.carltonsc.com/index.php?action=unread
Thanks, me too, it's a great shortcut for the new site.

The reason for my post is that I often leave the page open all day long and it doesn't automatically update/refresh, so to me some sort of auto-refreshed indicator would restore some of the function lost by the deprecation of the old news scroller.  But it's no big deal, it's useful if possible but it's not important.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #80
Is it possible to have the “new posts” “ new reply’s” buttons at the bottom of the page as well ?
That way you don’t need to scroll back to the top of the page in order to move to the next post.
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #81
Is it possible to have the “new posts” “ new reply’s” buttons at the bottom of the page as well ?
That way you don’t need to scroll back to the top of the page in order to move to the next post.
Great idea - I have thought the same thing as well.

Reply #82
Just fyi guys, i spoke to Spanner recently and he said with everything going on he is VERY busy.

Maybe in a month when all this stuff blows over might be a better time to ask again.
 :D

Reply #83
Just fyi guys, i spoke to Spanner recently and he said with everything going on he is VERY busy.

Maybe in a month when all this stuff blows over might be a better time to ask again.
 :D

Wasn’t expecting it to be done today, just figured that if it was noted in here it would get seen and if deemed worthwhile then actioned.
Let’s go BIG !