Skip to main content
Topic: Jarryd Hayne (Read 49057 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Jarryd Hayne

Reply #90
Click HERE for an article which suggests that Tomsula is seen as the puppet for Jed York (the owner) and Trent Baalke (the CEO).

Reply #91
Click HERE for an article which suggests that Tomsula is seen as the puppet for Jed York (the owner) and Trent Baalke (the CEO).

The same article implies Hayne has no place in NFL other than as a failed marketing attempt!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #92
The same article implies Hayne has no place in NFL other than as a failed marketing attempt!

Are you suggesting that neither is the case?

Reply #93
Steve Salisbury (spelling??)  is the man from Sacramento.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #95
There is no such thing as job security in the NFL as a player, you can be dropped mid-season off a roster at the drop of a hat, with no guarantee of ever being picked up again. While some may be picked up by another team, some 3-4 teams in 1 season, others may do a full pre-season with a team, never to be put on a roster at all!

The only positive is that they are on a very good pay rate while employed by a NFL team.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #96
The Hayne Train has been derailed! ;D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #97
Let me guess I'm really late with that joke aren't I?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #98
Hayne did pretty well on his recall.  He certainly doesn't lack self-belief and, if that's any guide, his NFL career should continue to grow.  The hard work he has put in during his time off the roster hasn't done any harm either.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #99
Hayne did pretty well on his recall.  He certainly doesn't lack self-belief and, if that's any guide, his NFL career should continue to grow.  The hard work he has put in during his time off the roster hasn't done any harm either.

He's probably got to make a decision on going the PED route.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #100

Did you watch the game?

I haven't, but checking out the stats he played 2nd fiddle (to what is their 4th rb) and didn't do anything exceptionally good - or bad. Didn't play as a returner which is a sign or how light on they are for RBs....dont want him to get hurt.

In other news, my vikings are playoffs bound and have a showdown with the packers to take out the division next week. Should be a cracking game.

Where's all the Packer fans now? I said we'd rival you for the divisional title. Now we are tied with a head to head to decide it!

Reply #101
Did you watch the game?

I haven't, but checking out the stats he played 2nd fiddle (to what is their 4th rb) and didn't do anything exceptionally good - or bad. Didn't play as a returner which is a sign or how light on they are for RBs....dont want him to get hurt.

In other news, my vikings are playoffs bound and have a showdown with the packers to take out the division next week. Should be a cracking game.

Where's all the Packer fans now? I said we'd rival you for the divisional title. Now we are tied with a head to head to decide it!

No, I only saw him interviewed after the game and listened to a couple of commentators.  Apparently he started, which surprised more than a few, and the commentators were impressed with how much cleaner he was.  I guess he has to be if he is going to have a chance of succeeding.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #102
I didn't see the game either but I read an article which suggested Hayne made a howler in the last quarter which turned over possession when it was close.  Apparently, he needed 3 yards for a 1st down but only ran 2.  I got the impression from the article that Hayne ran out of bounds early although it wasn't all that clear.

Reply #103
Minor issues, they all know he is still learning the game
Cardinals on fire!!!

Reply #104
I didn't see the game either but I read an article which suggested Hayne made a howler in the last quarter which turned over possession when it was close.  Apparently, he needed 3 yards for a 1st down but only ran 2.  I got the impression from the article that Hayne ran out of bounds early although it wasn't all that clear.

I just saw a video which might describe what you were talking about.

In the last quarter, 3rd and 3. Gabbert gets chased out of the pocket as it is collapsing. Hayne presents up field and gets a dump pass thrown to him around the line of scrimmage. He gets immediately tackled close to the sideline.

Not sure if its the same play you read about, but there was nothing Hayne could've done there.

If he was indeed the starter his stats are even more disappointing.
Jarryd Hayne  - 9 attempts for 27 yards with a long run of 11. (avg only 2 yards on other 8 attempts!) - Also 5 catches for 20 yards.
DeJuan Harris* - 11 attempts for 73 yards with a long of 25. - Also 1 catch for 11 yards

Harris beat him all round.

* Should be noted that Harris was only signed to the team this week because they are paper thin in the running backs area - which was also why Hayne was promoted to the game)

He is still learning, no doubt.

But the fact that a guy who was signed to the team 4 days before playing for them was able to outperform Hayne despite being the same age. Shows how much experience matters in this game. For the record Harris has been on the roster of 8 NFL teams, including 5 this year, although mainly as a practice squad member. Although he has game time in 25 games, he has only started in 2......in 2012. There would be 100 players like him readily available to NFL teams. He is a journeyman with no special skills.