Skip to main content
Topic: 2018 Rd 2: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Gold Coast (Read 18005 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2018 Rd 2: Pre game Palaver; Carlton vs. Gold Coast

Reply #45
Very early test in a new season to gauge where we are at particularly our new game style. Its been reported Dew has got GC to adopt a very defensive game plan so interested how our new attacking style stacks up. Yes I know its just one game but reckon the fallout of a loss is not what we want early into this season. 

Reckon the next 4 weeks is the most important block of games since Bolts took over IMO.

Reply #46
Reckon the next 4 weeks is the most important block of games since Bolts took over IMO.

No doubt about that.

If we get off to a slow start some chains will be rattling for BB, not matter what sort of goodwill some fans are hoping for!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #47
If we want to move up the ladder we have to beat the likes of Gold Coast, Collingwood and North Melbourne.

We play all 3 next.

Win them all = Good Job
Win 2 = Pass
Win 1 = Fail
Lose them all = Bolton in trouble
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #48
It will be a tough gig this week but I will be mightily disappointed if we don't win. We need to show we can beat these kind of teams and our performance against a much stronger Tigers outfit was encouraging. We desperately need to go on with it now.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #49

MBB, a hypothetical.

Historically for Ratten, he'd lost a bunch of our better players the year he got the chop, but fans said injuries were no excuse before MM took over and Ratten got the chop. Ratten himself sat at his presser and said he accepted AFL and Carlton was ruthless and that is just the way it is.

A few years later, MM offered injuries as an excuse for poor performances, and then he got the chop although I'm not sure the results being different would have saved him.

If BB lost Kreuzer and Kennedy, or any of the other key players, then finds himself on the bad end of some results, will he get a leave pass or will he get the chop?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #50
I like Weitering. Got some real talent.

My query with him though is, does he have the grit/crape/mongrel required? To me, last year and this, he looks very timid and almost scared/weak at times.

He's also not the most athletic. Looks terribly slow leg speed wise but also agility wise.

Got a great footy brain/IQ though IMO. Lovely mark and kick. Reads the ball well usually.

Just a couple of slight concerns at this stage.

Reply #51
I like Weitering. Got some real talent.

My query with him though is, does he have the grit/crape/mongrel required? To me, last year and this, he looks very timid and almost scared/weak at times.

He's also not the most athletic. Looks terribly slow leg speed wise but also agility wise.

Got a great footy brain/IQ though IMO. Lovely mark and kick. Reads the ball well usually.

Could that be a description of Harry Taylor?????

Reply #52
MBB, a hypothetical.

Historically for Ratten, he'd lost a bunch of our better players the year he got the chop, but fans said injuries were no excuse before MM took over and Ratten got the chop. Ratten himself sat at his presser and said he accepted AFL and Carlton was ruthless and that is just the way it is.

A few years later, MM offered injuries as an excuse for poor performances, and then he got the chop although I'm not sure the results being different would have saved him.

If BB lost Kreuzer and Kennedy, or any of the other key players, then finds himself on the bad end of some results, will he get a leave pass or will he get the chop?

If we're 0-4 the Pokies King will sharpen his axe.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #53
If we want to move up the ladder we have to beat the likes of Gold Coast, Collingwood and North Melbourne.

We play all 3 next.

Win them all = Good Job
Win 2 = Pass
Win 1 = Fail

If the theory that our club has changed is a fact and not just some PR nonsense, then whatever happens this season should have no bearing on Bolton's future. We need to be like Geelong when Bomber Thompson was coach, or like the Tigers with Hardwick. The ladder position, wins / losses etc. will go up and down, until the team sorts itself out.

At the very least, we should wait until seasons end and not until R5 to see how the club is faring.

Otherwise, Bolton will become another Ratts, and I for one don't want that.

Reply #54
Just like Bomber, back in his Weapon days! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #56
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/kreuzer-kennedy-on-track-for-suns-clash-20180327-p4z6gt.html

Kreuz 'n Kennedy good chances for Sat.  :)

Let's hope so.

I hope so, but the footy media circles are still expecting both to miss.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #57

We play all 3 next.

Win them all = Good Job
Win 2 = Pass
Win 1 = Fail

Wouldnt want to lose this week....GC are a team we should beat in Melbourne every game every season....they are devoid of real superstar talent bar Lynch and
are struggling to retain talent.

Reply #58
Sometimes a crappy win does more for you than an honourable loss, it did in 2016, as it gives you belief. We might be a bit scratchy for a while but if we get over the line we'll get over the line in the next couple too.

Reply #59
Wouldnt want to lose this week....GC are a team we should beat in Melbourne every game every season....they are devoid of real superstar talent bar Lynch and are struggling to retain talent.

I think that Cold Toast may be a different proposition with their new coach.  However, the promising signs we showed against Richmond will mean nothing if we don't get a win this week.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball