Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW 2021 season (Read 8130 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: AFLW 2021 season

Reply #61
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/pie-to-become-tiger-in-frederick-deal-ex-blues-captain-bound-for-gws-20210527-p57vnk.html

Katie Loynes off to GWS.
Al Downie to the pies.

Katie is a teacher, so she will have to move on from her current school and hope of finding another one up at GWS. If i was them i'd find a school for her and ensure she gets well paid compared to what she was getting as a teacher here. Reckon she's been promised a coaching roll beyond her playing.

Reply #62
delete

Reply #63
Chloe Dalton was traded to GWS to aid pursuit of her Olympic dream. Sadly, she's been ruled out due to a fractured cheek.

Wishing Chloe a speedy recovery.
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #64
Chloe Dalton was traded to GWS to aid pursuit of her Olympic dream. Sadly, she's been ruled out due to a fractured cheek.

Wishing Chloe a speedy recovery.
I saw that and while initially i was disappointed for Chloe, and i still am, i can;t help but think there is a bit of karma in that too.

She burned us last season to go to the olympics....it was postponed....then she burned us by wanting to be traded to GWS for the olympics.....and now she can't go.
If only she'd stayed and focused on AFLW as a priority, we'd both be in better shape.

As for GWS....a case of buyer beware there. A bit like the Dees with Harris.
Beware of the players whose 2nd sport is AFLW.

Reply #66
https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/1014323/stevens-nominated-for-2021-jim-stynes-community-leadership-award

Hopefully Nicola can win.
We had Jess Hosking up last year, and IMO she deserved it more than Nicola.
Fairs fair though, she has been open and honest about this stuff for a few years now so she is doing something right.

Reply #72
👍🏼🤣
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #73
It would be nice if the club website kept the AFLW team up to date; Loynes, Harris, Hosking and Downie are still featured.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #74
It would be nice if the club website kept the AFLW team up to date; Loynes, Harris, Hosking and Downie are still featured.
Yep.

As is Dalton, Edwards....

I'm not sure how much of that is on the club, and how much of that is on the AFL. The AFL used to take control over a lot of the structured content on club sites, not sure if its still the case.