Skip to main content
Topic: AFLW R8 - Carlton vs Gold Coast @Metricon - Fri 5:10pm (Read 3262 times) previous topic - next topic

AFLW R8 - Carlton vs Gold Coast @Metricon - Fri 5:10pm

After a solid effort against Freo, we should have an easier week this week against Gold Coast. However, we can not take them lightly as if we are any chance of making finals, we need to bury our next 2 opponents and increase our %.

Friday 'night' match is something a little different at this time of year and it will give us a short week, especially since we have to travel!
Not sure a 5-day break after a gruelling match is what we need right now, but if wanna contend, we can't make anymore excuses.

My predictions...
In: Walker
Out: Walker

I've been calling for Al Downies head the last few weeks and while she was far from impressive, her playing down back has freed up Harrington who has put in her best 2 games of the year courtesy of this.....so Downie stays....for now.

Re: AFLW R8 - Carlton vs Gold Coast @Metricon - Fri 5:10pm

Reply #1
My ladder predictor for the next 2 weeks

Carl win against GC (30pts) & GWS (15pts) = 20 points @ 119%
NM lose against Freo (20) & Bris (20) = 20 points @ 127%
WB lose against Ade (10) but beat Tigers (15) = 20 points @ 102%
Mel lose against Bris (10) & Freo (10) = 20 points @ 119%

That takes care of spots 5-8 so if it goes to plan, it will be nothing but % that makes finals.

In the above scenario, i made up IMO likely scores of all games and then worked out % last it actually meant we make finals by 0.8%....which is about 2 behinds worth.

Shows how important % is from here!

Reply #2

That takes care of spots 5-8 so if it goes to plan, it will be nothing but % that makes the 8.

In the above scenario, i made up IMO likely scores of all games and then worked out % last it actually meant we make finals by 0.8%....which is about 2 behinds worth.

It's only a top 6 though not a top 8 isn't it?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3
It's only a top 6 though not a top 8 isn't it?
Yes, so 2 of them will make it and 2 will miss out.

I meant to say finals, instead of top 8.

Reply #4
We have to really put this mob to the sword if we are to have any sort of chance.
To be honest, I don't think we'll make it. We just don't have what it takes to get over the line in the close ones.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #5
We have to really put this mob to the sword if we are to have any sort of chance.
To be honest, I don't think we'll make it. We just don't have what it takes to get over the line in the close ones.
Hopefully this game will be on Kayo now that I have internet access again.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #7
Kayo has all the games crash. ;)
Wunderbar! I am so looking forward to seeing the game.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #8
I've been calling for Al Downie's head the last few weeks and while she was far from impressive, her playing down back has freed up Harrington who has put in her best 2 games of the year courtesy of this.....so Downie stays....for now.

I don't think it is a coincidence. Kez has been freed up while Downie has been an effective defender against the taller forwards.

Reply #9
I don't think it is a coincidence. Kez has been freed up while Downie has been an effective defender against the taller forwards.

Exactly my point RR. Glad you've noticed as well.  ;)

Reply #10
After a solid effort against Freo, we should have an easier week this week against Gold Coast. However, we can not take them lightly as if we are any chance of making finals, we need to bury our next 2 opponents and increase our %.

Friday 'night' match is something a little different at this time of year and it will give us a short week, especially since we have to travel!
Not sure a 5-day break after a gruelling match is what we need right now, but if wanna contend, we can't make anymore excuses.

My predictions...
In: Walker
Out: Walker

I've been calling for Al Downies head the last few weeks and while she was far from impressive, her playing down back has freed up Harrington who has put in her best 2 games of the year courtesy of this.....so Downie stays....for now.

I think that Downie is an important piece of the puzzle.  She mightn't get a lot of the ball but she is always in the contest, gives Moody a chop out, wins the contested footy and is a bit of a hard nut.

I would prefer to see her in our team each week and her ability to add a defensive role to her toolkit has positive outcomes for our other defenders.

If the opposition goes small, Ali has the ability to provide a marking target in our forward 50.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #11

That takes care of spots 5-8 so if it goes to plan, it will be nothing but % that makes finals.

Just wish it was a final 8. Unfortunately it's a final 6 and we are 2 games and a huge percentage out with 2 games to go sadly.

Reply #12
In: Hammans, BROOKE WALKER  ;D
Out: Gibbs (omitted), Wilson (managed)  :o

Reply #13
After what happened last night, it will be good to get a win......% the bonus.

I was confident we would lose last night and i'm equally confident we will win tonight.

Lets see...

Reply #14
So....3.1 to GC  (0.0 to us) halfway through the first quarter is not ideal.  :o

We'll come back, but not a great start

Vescio gets 1.

Walker starting to work into the game.

1/4 time, down by 2 goals.