Skip to main content
Topic: Pre Game Premonitions: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane (Read 8354 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Pre Game Premonitions: AFL 2021 Rd 6: Carlton vs Brisbane

Reply #90
Is Kennedy being punished for something ? Is he a PITA off field ? Did he make a pass at the coach's wife ? Run over the family dog ? His omission is a real head scratcher. Williamson is fair enough based on form. And Dow's existence in limbo continues.
Selection is head scratching every week, our reserves (younger newbies) must be doing nothing for Cameo Cunningham to get a gig. Ill guarantee you he will be largely unsighted tomorrow. But as long as we play our way, everything is hunky dory
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #91
Perhaps Kennedy only got a game because we didn't have anyone else....and we didn't wanna try LOB again.

On output, his performance was one of the most disappointing. So it makes sense from the last game.....perhaps a little harsh when looking at the bigger picture.....but looking at an even larger picture, he's lucky to be on the list and has never really lived up to the hype.

Whichever way you look at it, i like the ins.

Reply #92
Geez Kennedy must really have done something wrong at the club. Not the greatest of games by him last week, but gee. Williamson, fair enough. Really sad to see him drop away so much. Just wish we had've tried a few more changes. I can't help but look at a Sydney. Travelling pretty well, have lost 3 to injuries and still dropped 3. No dare from our club.

Reply #93
Geez Kennedy must really have done something wrong at the club. Not the greatest of games by him last week, but gee. Williamson, fair enough. Really sad to see him drop away so much. Just wish we had've tried a few more changes. I can't help but look at a Sydney. Travelling pretty well, have lost 3 to injuries and still dropped 3. No dare from our club.

Sydney have that academy just providing fruit like a good lemon tree, we have to move mountains to get our kids up to speed and theirs just rock up day one AFL ready. Its hard to make progress when they should be down in the bottom 4 but have leapfrogged us after looking cooked for the next few years..

Reply #94
I think Kennedy will be medical sub again. He’s versatile, to a point and fill a number of holes. The other 3 need more game to prove themselves.

Reply #95

Anyone else find there name on the banner for tomorrow night?  ;D
L

Reply #96
Teams for this week, as selected:

Backs: Lachie Plowman  Liam Jones  Sam Petrevski-Seton
Half-backs: Sam Docherty  Jacob Weitering  Adam Saad
Centreline:  Jack Newnes  Ed Curnow  Sam Walsh
Half-forwards: Lachie Fogarty  Mitch McGovern  Marc Murphy
Forwards:  Michael Gibbons  Harry McKay  Levi Casboult
Followers:  Marc Pittonet  Patrick Cripps  Zac Williams
Interchange:  Eddie Betts  Matthew Cottrell  David Cuningham  Liam Stocker
Emergencies:  Matthew Kennedy  Paddy Dow  Matthew Owies  Will Setterfield

Kennedy was stiff to be dropped. He may not have had a big game, but he wasn't a total disaster. The only reason I can really think of is lack of pace. But he is stiff, no doubt about it.

Williamson probably needed another good game in the VFL, although he had a very good one the previous week. I'd wait a few weeks and try him in a few different spots. He needs to get some confidence up, because he isn't playing with much.

Setters is lucky to be the emergency. I was disappointed with his game. He may have had a negative job, but sometimes a player just has to step up, to make a difference. He couldn't, or didn't.

I don't think Saad or Docherty or Weitering can be 100%. I hate playing injured players.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #97
"Anyone else find there name on the banner for tomorrow night?"

My wife did the searching and found the 3 of us.  We are suckers for punishment are going tomorrow.  Lions by plenty.

Reply #98
Williamson probably needed another good game in the VFL, although he had a very good one the previous week. I'd wait a few weeks and try him in a few different spots. He needs to get some confidence up, because he isn't playing with much.
Willo's dropping was sealed last week when they tried to hide him in the forward line late in the game. Even then he had a pretty straight forward shot on goal on the right side for his left foot and still blew it. Can't bode well for his confidence.

Reply #99
"Anyone else find there name on the banner for tomorrow night?"

My wife did the searching and found the 3 of us.  We are suckers for punishment are going tomorrow.  Lions by plenty.

I’m taking my 3yo to her first ever game 🤦🏻‍♀️ I should really just wait until we play north Melbourne
L

Reply #100
Good luck Blues15.  Our 5yo is on board tomorrow as well - we took her to a couple of games when she was 3.  Spent more time running around after her than watching footy (but she will at least sing the song at the start)

Reply #101
Good luck Blues15.  Our 5yo is on board tomorrow as well - we took her to a couple of games when she was 3.  Spent more time running around after her than watching footy (but she will at least sing the song at the start)

Haha thanks! I took my now 4 year old pre covid and I know exactly what it’s like we did about 3 laps of marvel stadium 😆 I am taking both of them this time around so it should be very interesting.

Haha exactly they enjoy themselves at the start and also the good thing about that age is even if we lose I tell them we have won and they don’t know any different 🤷🏻‍♀️ Carlton have won every game this season 🤫
L

Reply #102

Anyone else find there name on the banner for tomorrow night?  ;D

Please explain.

I've got my name on a couple of jumpers and on the wall at the club....but banner??