Skip to main content

Poll

Have you had the vaccine (& is so, which one) and if not why not?

AZ
[ 6 ] (37.5%)
Pfizer or others
[ 4 ] (25%)
Hydrochloroquine, Pete’s magic light or the like
[ 0 ] (0%)
I’m lazy: I’ll get off my posterior & get it soon
[ 4 ] (25%)
Not eligible yet but will get it when I am
[ 1 ] (6.3%)
No way I’m getting the vaccine
[ 1 ] (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Topic: Vaccine poll (Read 2847 times) previous topic - next topic

Vaccine poll

Let’s get an idea of what everybody’s doing ...

Re: Vaccine poll

Reply #1
I'm waiting on revised advice from my GP and Haematologist, as soon as I get the go ahead, Ill go and get it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #2
Got the AZ a couple of weeks back. Interested to hear others side-effects. I had a couple of days of aches to lower back and legs, followed by a bit of a sniffle. Arm also hurt for a week. Apparently the 2nd dose doesn't have any side-effects.

Reply #3
Got the AZ a couple of weeks back. Interested to hear others side-effects. I had a couple of days of aches to lower back and legs, followed by a bit of a sniffle. Arm also hurt for a week. Apparently the 2nd dose doesn't have any side-effects.
Yes, it'll interesting to compare 1st versus 2nd shot for all the various vaccines. Nurses told me at the time a sore arm is quite common, some people getting chills and shivers like a flu shot. Of course some of the deleterious effects might show up weeks later, so far for me it's a sore arm and not much else.

I get the feeling some people stress themselves so much about it that seems to put them in a worse state, apparently the worry can and does cause real effects. I suppose those of us who have experienced mental health issues will confirm that the mind is very powerful over the body.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #4
I'm waiting on revised advice from my GP and Haematologist, as soon as I get the go ahead, Ill go and get it.
 Yes, it pays to listen to the experts, so ignore everything I've got to say! ;D
The Force Awakens!

Reply #5
With the Pfizer, the second dose is more likely to cause issues than the first - not big issues, mind you......
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #6
I have atrial fibrillation, so clotting is an issue.
I'm having a procedure next week which requires me to go off my blood thinners for three days.
I've delayed getting the vaccine until after the procedure, only because I didn't want to be off the thinners while the vaccine kicked in.
I'm booked in for the jab the following Tuesday.

It's been a bit of a runaround.
My GP's clinic are not doing the vaccine.
The medical centre where I'm getting the vaccine wanted a Health Summary from the GP.
The GP  gave me the OK for the AZ.... for everything except the Atrial Fibrillation.
He wanted the cardiologist to sign off on that...which he did.
There seems to be a bit of 'covering themselves', which I actually don't mind, but it did take few doctors visits and phone calls.

Reply #7
Booked in for my first AZ shot 2nd week of June. If not for moving home and all the kerfuffle that goes with that and ensuring my new PTSD medication (mucks around with platelet levels for a few weeks) wont react with the AZ, I would have had it this week.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #8

I've delayed getting the vaccine until after the procedure, only because I didn't want to be off the thinners while the vaccine kicked in.
They ask about blood thinners and some other stuff at the time.
He wanted the cardiologist to sign off on that...which he did.
There seems to be a bit of 'covering themselves', which I actually don't mind, but it did take few doctors visits and phone calls.
My cardiologist said what's the point of saving your life if COVID kills you! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #9
You need more options in the poll.

Reply #10
I had my first jab (Pfizer vaccine) on Monday 24th.

Apart from some discomfort where the jab was given, I've had no issues or side effects whatsoever. It was a lot better than I expected. In fact, I enjoyed it so much I might go back again.  ;)

I should also say that the staff on the day were great. I could well imagine that such an undertaking would be akin to herding cats, but the coordination and handover from one team to the next was very smooth. The only minor quibble is that there was no clarity at the very outset with regards to joining the correct queue (they organised 3 separate queues depending on your appointment time).

Great effort and well done to all concerned.

PS : 24th May was also Bob Dylan's 80th birthday. Happy birthday to the great man.

Reply #11
They ask about blood thinners and some other stuff at the time.
My cardiologist said what's the point of saving your life if COVID kills you! ;)

Yes there are a few forms I have to fill in and a list of boxes to tick.

There was no doubt about getting the vaccine.
The GP wanted to know whether the cardiologist had a preference for Pfizer over AZ

Reply #12
First jab couple of months ago. AZ .No problems at all.

Second due early July.
I spent most of my money on Women and grog.
The rest I just wasted.

Reply #13
Just became eligible, will get it next week.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #14
Yes there are a few forms I have to fill in and a list of boxes to tick.

There was no doubt about getting the vaccine.
The GP wanted to know whether the cardiologist had a preference for Pfizer over AZ
I'm on apixaban until July to treat a clot, my haematologist told me to wait until July for the jab (not community transmittal at the time) but this was before the outbreak. A mate of mine however is on a similar drug and suffers from DVT, his haematologist said go for it, youre as safe as houses.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time