Skip to main content
Topic: VFL 2021 Rd ?: Carlton vs ??? Or is it a scratch match? (Read 754 times) previous topic - next topic

VFL 2021 Rd ?: Carlton vs ??? Or is it a scratch match?

With the Lockdown continuing in Melbourne, the likelihood of VFL happening is uncertain. It looks like some games will go ahead. Others are 'postponed'. Who, if anyone, our 2nd will play this week is questionable.
I read a post on Thursday that we had played the Weagle 2nds and won comfortably. However, I haven't been able to get any confirmation of that from anywhere. Secondly, the Weagles 2nds are listed as playing a WAFL game this weekend. That doesn't seem compatible with us having played them in a scratch match.

Things will become clearer, but I am certain that the club would like to have the 2nds play some sort of game. After all, we have 2 new recruits to baptise.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: VFL 2021 Rd ?: Carlton vs ??? Or is it a scratch match?

Reply #1
With the Lockdown continuing in Melbourne, the likelihood of VFL happening is uncertain. It looks like some games will go ahead. Others are 'postponed'. Who, if anyone, our 2nd will play this week is questionable.
I read a post on Thursday that we had played the Weagle 2nds and won comfortably. However, I haven't been able to get any confirmation of that from anywhere. Secondly, the Weagles 2nds are listed as playing a WAFL game this weekend. That doesn't seem compatible with us having played them in a scratch match.

Things will become clearer, but I am certain that the club would like to have the 2nds play some sort of game. After all, we have 2 new recruits to baptise.

You will need a step ladder for one and he might still be in isolation if he was at tier 1 site as was reported.
The second one may still be in Melbourne.
I feel for these non Carlton VFL players who maybe in limbo with work and football.