Skip to main content
Topic: Pre game Premonitions: AFL 2021 Rd 14: Carlton vs GWS (Read 8010 times) previous topic - next topic

Pre game Premonitions: AFL 2021 Rd 14: Carlton vs GWS

At this point it appears that we play GWS in Sydney next weekend. The game is presently set for Saturday Night at 19:25 and will probably be on TV.
It is reasonable to assume that this will go on as planned, but the AFL will do what it does.

[1] Historically we have performed poorly after the bye.
[2] We now have the review hanging over our heads like the Sword of Damocles.
[3] We have structural problems that our MC seem more than willing to accentuate.
[4] We have GWS underachieving this year as well and wanting very badly to make a point. They have an ordinary coach who wants to remain. They have a list of stars who have not performed to expectation.
[5] We are on TV. That itself is something of a surprise, as we have been on TV a lot more this year than I expected. However, we rarely win when we are on TV.
[6] We are playing guys who have not regained form and fitness through the VFL and who haven't got back to the best.

I hate to say it, but that bodes very poorly.
Live Long and Prosper!

Re: Pre game Premonitions: AFL 2021 Rd 14: Carlton vs GWS

Reply #1
At this point it appears that we play GWS in Sydney next weekend. The game is presently set for Saturday Night at 19:25 and will probably be on TV.
It is reasonable to assume that this will go on as planned, but the AFL will do what it does.

[1] Historically we have performed poorly after the bye.
[2] We now have the review hanging over our heads like the Sword of Damocles.
[3] We have structural problems that our MC seem more than willing to accentuate.
[4] We have GWS underachieving this year as well and wanting very badly to make a point. They have an ordinary coach who wants to remain. They have a list of stars who have not performed to expectation.
[5] We are on TV. That itself is something of a surprise, as we have been on TV a lot more this year than I expected. However, we rarely win when we are on TV.
[6] We are playing guys who have not regained form and fitness through the VFL and who haven't got back to the best.

I hate to say it, but that bodes very poorly.

YEAH !!
Bring it on !!
Let’s go BIG !

Reply #2
Interested in this game to see a reaction. We could smash them after everything that has gone on, or just turn our toes up.

Reply #3
GWS by 24 points
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
In the immortal words of that airhead idiot Gwyneth Paltrow, I've had a "concious uncoupling" with my club for the time being

Reply #5
GWS don't look anything special today.

We'll likely smash them, then get rubbished in the media for the next week for going off half-cocked with a review. ::)

Reply #6
I thought they'd be a lot better with Greene back in, but they look flat and fumbly IMO.

Reply #7
GWS don't look anything special today.

We'll likely smash them, then get rubbished in the media for the next week for going off half-cocked with a review. ::)
I’d take that by somehow I don’t think we’d be having a review if we didn’t know there are issues that need addressing. I have read encouraging  comments r.e. Sawyer’s  ability to drive cultural change. We seem to have addressed our off field woes and are in a sound financial position, now it’s time to get the football dept firing.
The Ox is slow but I'm running out of patience.

Reply #8
Fan bloody tactic, GWS getting beating at the minute by Norf, you know what that means next week dont you.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #9
Fan bloody tactic, GWS getting beating at the minute by Norf, you know what that means next week dont you.

Yep. 😳😰
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #10
Yep...GWS hyped up on the rebound and Greene will kick a bag ....Walsh will probably find one of Mummy's knees impaled in his rib cage too...pure accident of course.

Reply #11
Plenty of attention on that thug Mumford this week. He’ll be well and truly on notice this weekend.

Reply #12
Won't stop him smashing Murphy or Fisher or some other little bloke.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #13
Unfortunately their midfield is one are that they'll take us to the cleaners.....Ward, Taranto, Kelly, Whitfield, Hopper, Green etc....all big bodies with superior skills to our collective. That on it's own will be enough to give their forwards plenty more chances than ours.

Reply #14
Unfortunately their midfield is one are that they'll take us to the cleaners.....Ward, Taranto, Kelly, Whitfield, Hopper, Green etc....all big bodies with superior skills to our collective. That on it's own will be enough to give their forwards plenty more chances than ours.
Spot on agree entirely,  any game of footy  is won in the engine room.