Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match) (Read 73409 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

Reply #75
I'm not looking for excuses, we were outplayed.
Our skills are so poor that it becomes infectious, players lose the belief.
When Yarran kicked a goal in the last quarter we needed three to win with about 10 or 12 minutes on the clock, plenty of time but no one revving up or urging, the body language was that of a team resigned to losing.
At the next centre bounce we coughed it up again with a simple handball error and that was that, we packed up and left.
Sure reads like an excuse to me.

Calm down.

Melbourne have gone past us in just three games, we all know who to blame many just don't want to say it!

The thing is that the same things have been said ad nauseum on these boards for the best part of 10 years, I can remember Kouta and Lance getting bagged for a lack of leadership during their stints as skipper and Nick Stevens copped an absolute hammering when he was our one and only skilled midfielder, just like Murphy is now.
The only way forward is as a club, sacking Malthouse and bagging out Murphy will get us precisely nowhere.
That's the problem B4L we are going nowhere because of a comedy of dumb decisions by the board.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #76
I wouldn't be giving Hendo shight most overrated footballer going around ATM.

The most overrated player on our list by a mile is pretty boy Gibbs. Represents why a rebuild is needed. Has potential and zero heart. ZERO.

Disagree.....as I don't think Gibbs is rated by anyone anymore...... :P
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #77
What Brettie said times 100!!!!
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #78
Murphy's dive halfway through the last quarter was Neymaresque! Needed to take the ball and instead just fell over and staged for the free. I knew then and there that it was over.

I knew it was over when Melbourne decided to tighten up on us half way through the first and we struggled with physical pressure from friggin Melbourne. Think it was a hard hit in the middle of the ground

Reply #79
Thought Hendo has been pretty good considering.

He's certainly killing Trav Cloke at the moment.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #80
So....are we gonna get a public apology from the Club? ;)
Football is life, there is nothing else....

Reply #81
Not as a leader he hasn't. Some of his attempts to mark on the lead in the last two weeks have been pissweak. A bloke his size should be imposing himself on the game. All our promising players are dropping off at a rapid rate.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #82
Don't panic.

Mick says we are underestimating the Dees.

Reply #84
I'm not looking for excuses, we were outplayed.
Our skills are so poor that it becomes infectious, players lose the belief.
When Yarran kicked a goal in the last quarter we needed three to win with about 10 or 12 minutes on the clock, plenty of time but no one revving up or urging, the body language was that of a team resigned to losing.
At the next centre bounce we coughed it up again with a simple handball error and that was that, we packed up and left.
Sure reads like an excuse to me.

Calm down.

Melbourne have gone past us in just three games, we all know who to blame many just don't want to say it!
That's the problem B4L we are going nowhere because of a comedy of dumb decisions by the board.

The thing is that the same things have been said ad nauseum on these boards for the best part of 10 years, I can remember Kouta and Lance getting bagged for a lack of leadership during their stints as skipper and Nick Stevens copped an absolute hammering when he was our one and only skilled midfielder, just like Murphy is now.
The only way forward is as a club, sacking Malthouse and bagging out Murphy will get us precisely nowhere.

We've been making the same dumb decisions for more than a decade.
When we won the flag in 95 we still had part of the Kernahan, Bradley, Dorotich, Motley package deal and we'd paid a motza for Diesel Williams, those days are long gone but we have never truly let go of the idea that we are a powerhouse club who can buy its way out of trouble.
We're no good at the draft because we never truly embraced it and put resources into finding the best young talent.
A few years ago the club was telling supporters that they would reintroduce the "Carlton swagger" at a time when we hadn't fired a shot for 6 or 8 years, the arrogance was incredible, but delusional.
The only thing left is for the club and supporters to face reality and start tomorrow on what needs to be done, the first thing is to ditch the notion that Premierships are our birthright.

The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #85
Wow three certain posters are very conspicuous by their absence.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #87
Not as a leader he hasn't. Some of his attempts to mark on the lead in the last two weeks have been pissweak. A bloke his size should be imposing himself on the game. All our promising players are dropping off at a rapid rate.

We are playing like we are sh1te scared to make a mistake, like there is a guy with a whip standing over us and we want him to go past without noticing us.

We had a motto, The Spirit of Carlton!

Our spirit is broken, we have nothing!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #88
17 posses from Cripps is pretty good - anyone see him up close?

Fantastic hands and reflexes, great determination, very slow leg speed, ran out of puff pretty early.  He's one if our saviours........in about 3 year's time
Speaking of running out of puff, the bits I did watch I noted many of our blokes on their haunches after running efforts. I saw Yaz, Ellard, Murphy, Simmo in particular at various stages looked stuffed. Is a fitness and fatigue problem that then leads to sloppy disposal and but chasing? We just arent running and spreading like we were last year and years gone by. Has Butters forked up their preps?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time