Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match) (Read 73395 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

Reply #135
oh man... Does anyone else feel like we're reliving what happened with Pagan... Except we got the CEO doing what the prez was.

There has always been the parallels....and there has been some scary similarities
There's a subtle difference....rightly or wrongly there was a feeling that if Pagan was sacked, suddenly things would be OK, and we'd go from the depths to at least improving.
While some folk may feel that's the case in this situation, there's a more depressing feeling amongst many that the problems are entrenched deep within the culture and structure of the club and it requires fresh faces in many positions from the top down.
In short....our troubles are deeper than just a coach issue.

Today, last weeks utter capitulation and the game against Richmond were coach issues.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................

Reply #136
oh man... Does anyone else feel like we're reliving what happened with Pagan... Except we got the CEO doing what the prez was.

There has always been the parallels....and there has been some scary similarities
There's a subtle difference....rightly or wrongly there was a feeling that if Pagan was sacked, suddenly things would be OK, and we'd go from the depths to at least improving.
While some folk may feel that's the case in this situation, there's a more depressing feeling amongst many that the problems are entrenched deep within the culture and structure of the club and it requires fresh faces in many positions from the top down.
In short....our troubles are deeper than just a coach issue.

Today, last weeks utter capitulation and the game against Richmond were coach issues.

The coach has lost the players or the players have lost the coach? Whatever, but CFC do not have the $s it seems to pay out and fire MM - very bleak times ahead unfortunately unless they can all get back into the same orbit.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #137
We are a disgrace... but to be quite frank, we have been since 2000.   I think we will now finish bottom.  That might actually be a good thing though because we can recruit a small mid or tall gangly ruckmen with our number 1 draft pick.

Reply #138
We are a disgrace... but to be quite frank, we have been since 2000.   I think we will now finish bottom.  That might actually be a good thing though because we can recruit a small mid or tall gangly ruckmen with our number 1 draft pick.

Nice work. ;D

IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #139
the good thing about these losses are there's no where for all these frauds to hide
CFC is too big a club to avoid scrutiny . The purge will now begin in earnest.
It will be long, hard, and very deep.

Reply #140
The coach has lost the players or the players have lost the coach? Whatever, but CFC do not have the $s it seems to pay out and fire MM - very bleak times ahead unfortunately unless they can all get back into the same orbit.

Either way the coach has to go.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #141
the good thing about these losses are there's no where for all these frauds to hide

Isn't that what we wanted 10 yrs ago, isn't that what we expected 5 yrs ago.
It's bloody GROUND HOG YEAR.
SAME crap DIFFERENT YEAR.
we still have debt
We still have a crap team
We still have a coach the players won't play for.
We still have a board that is self serving.
We still have a President who is out of his league.
We still have no game plan.
We still have no gun recruiter
We are still being told all is well
We still have no Premierships since 95
And we are GOING NOWHERE FAST >:(
2024... Moir of the same to come

Reply #142
I know that this is isn't the answer at all, but I am getting increasingly frustrated by the way that Levi Casboult is being used. It seems that the MM recipe is to start him at CHF and then have him rotating with Warnock in the ruck, intermingled with time off the ground.

We'll, guess what? He's buggered by half time and for three quarters of the match Carlton has no target to kick to. He should be played out of the square providing a target, without the trauma of having to run all over the ground whilst not playing forward - Tony Lockett would be ineffective if he was asked toplay the role that Levi is being asked to play and I noticed that Frawley at the other end was very much a stay at home target.

Henderson is a CHB. Murphy is trying hard and I saw him digging deep in the last quarter to run with his man.

Gibbs looks like he is gone and half hearted snap in the last quarter said it all.
Tend to agree, reeks of desperation trying to find the right formulae. Lack of heart , pride , passion I am finding hard to tolerate. Here Gibbs is trying to "tell" us what he is worth and why we should pay over the odds for him, but what is he showing us in return. The goal attempt in from the pocket was as bad as I have seen. No energy and real commitment to actually achieving success. Didn't seem to really care , and it shows. We won the ball, but didn't use it, so comes back to the game plan and coaches. If this is MM 's plan from the Colliwobles he is trying to use, he better bring the rest of the team with him to make it work. Not rocket science different cattle , different plan, why not build a plan with what you have got? Seems we are lacking a "coaching , teaching element" to our coaching staff. Back to basics I fear us playing the Dogs , they play with pride not there supposed worth in the back of there minds

Reply #143
This was the week to stand up, to "prove them wrong", thats what our banner said!

I'm getting a sense of Deja vu here, living in hope that its all magically going to click into gear and we'll be right........

The last 13 years as a Blues supporter has been tedious, Fev made it enjoyable, Judd gave us hope, but really we were never even sniffing the ar$e of the better clubs, like the Hawks, Geel, Freo, Swans, eventhough we beat them on occasion i believe Juddy lulled us all into a false sense of security, because he was that damn good! WAS!

This honestly feels like a horrible dream and i'm starting to find myself wanting to do other things other than scream at the plasma until my voice is hoarse, but what for. Upsetting myself for no reason. Its only football, its only Carlton, everybody says!

I suppose they are right.

Just one small thing wrong with that................

I F@#$%^NG BLEED NAVY BLUE!!!!!!

GROW SOME COJONES YOU FARKING PEA HEARTS, DONT WORRY ABOUT YOUR FARK1NG HAIR OR WHO WILL STYLE YOUR DO AT CICCONE FARKING COSMETIC, DO WHAT YOU ARE PAID TO DO BLEED NAVY BLUE LIKE WE DO YOU BUNCH OF WEAK CAAAAAARRRRRNNNNTTTSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #144
How does this years draft look chaps?

As we will have the #1 pick sewn up within a month.  :P

Not that #1 picks have done much for us lately...

Heard the result on the radio whilst out in the shed. All I could do was chuckle.

When the players show some care factor, I might start caring...

Reply #145

Isn't that what we wanted 10 yrs ago, isn't that what we expected 5 yrs ago.
It's bloody GROUND HOG YEAR.
SAME crap DIFFERENT YEAR.
we still have debt
We still have a crap team
We still have a coach the players won't play for.
We still have a board that is self serving.
We still have a President who is out of his league.
We still have no game plan.
We still have no gun recruiter
We are still being told all is well
We still have no Premierships since 95
And we are GOING NOWHERE FAST >:(

We have gone backwards with membership numbers

Reply #147
Its a culture problem in this club - been saying it for a few weeks
you cant fix culture over night
Culture comes from having systemic rules and values. We don't have any
These players have collectively given up, they did that with rats.
the problem lies with a core group of players - they need to be sat down, and given the cold hard truth
if their desire is to be elsewhere - name your club and we'll make it happen.
draft pics and swaps, matters nothing if you 1/ cant identify talent 2/ don't know what you need 3/ do not have the skill and personnel to develop them.
This needs to be addressed first, as its a pressing issue

Reply #148
These players have collectively given up, they did that with rats.

Dog wagging tail due to top leadership.

Sticks is a nice guy, legend player but not an uncompromising club leader.  I wouldn't be surprised if MM is astounded by the way we run our club after being under the 'Eddie Regime' for so many years. I'm sure Eddie has the occasional 'one on one' with players who don't buy in. And if he doesn't, Pert would.

Those who want to set their own agenda and not buy into the party line should be moved on, no matter the number of players OR the name of the players.

LINE IN THE SAND, FOLKS!

Reply #149
The sack the coach posts are amusing, but wildly off the mark IMO.
Brittain was sacked because he was a rookie coach and the team was underperforming, Pagan was sacked because he'd supposedly lost the players and we won wooden spoons, Ratten was sacked because after 5 years we were being beaten by bottom sides, and now Malthouse is in the gun.
There's a common theme here, and for way too long the members have believed in a magic bullet.
What can't be escaped is that since the inception of the draft and salary cap Carlton has refused to acknowledge reality, Elliott banged on for years about how the draft and cap were a restraint of trade while other clubs adapted and moved forward, we have never moved on from the 70's and 80's as a club and many of our supporters and members are stuck in the same time warp.
Even in the latest draft we selected Cripps as our first pick, he may be a ball magnet, tough and hard and all the rest and I'm not having a crack at the kid but the big question mark around him from all reports were his foot skills, yet we spent our number one pick on him at a time when our overall disposal skills are as bad as they were at any time during Pagan's days, the only players we've drafted in the last five years with top skills seem to be Menzel and Yarran and it's hard to get pick 6 wrong.
We gave a first rounder for McLean and took Lucas at 12, Bootsma in the first round now looks to be way over the odds.
Our current problems have almost nothing to do with the senior coach in my opinion, they stem from an extended period of neglect and incompetence and they won't be fixed without a fundamental change of attitude.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.