Skip to main content
Topic: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match) (Read 73393 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: RD 4 : BLUES Defeated By Demons (Pathetic & Pitiful Post-Match)

Reply #150
Amazing that the same people that were so outspoken about our issues laying with the previous coach are now adamant that it's the players. The hypocrisy is just a little nauseating TBH.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #151
Amazing that the same people that were adamant our issues lay with the previous coach are now adamant that it's the players. The hypocrisy is just a little nauseating TBH.

No, I think the problem is with how the players were developed going back 7-8 years.

That development is coming to the fore and it will be very very difficult to undo.

Reply #152
Or we could have just got Ken Hinkley and we'd be a top four side.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #153

Difference being that Ken Hinkley took over a relatively balanced list with effective Key forwards and Key backs not too mention a Selwoodesque captain in Boak.

With that said though, I will always wonder how '11 would have turned out if we had kept Fev.

Reply #154

Difference being that Ken Hinkley took over a relatively balanced list with effective Key forwards and Key backs not too mention a Selwoodesque captain in Boak.

Oh, come off it. When Port only had 3 wins in 2011, and 5 wins in 2012, everyone called them a basket case of a club.

Reply #155
Amazing that the same people that were so outspoken about our issues laying with the previous coach are now adamant that it's the players. The hypocrisy is just a little nauseating TBH.

If you're having a crack at me you're wide of the mark PI2C.
I've been on about our woeful recruiting for many years, which has been and remains our number one problem in my opinion, along with a delusional and arrogant culture.
Appointing an untried coach from the second division of the Eastern Suburbs league with virtually no senior experience, on the basis of his being a club champion, was utter madness, I said so at the time and nothing that happened in Ratten's 5 years in charge convinced me otherwise.
He got the gig to appease the supporters, to bring the Carlton back to Carlton, it was insane and the end result of that madness is where we find ourselves now.
But by all means sheet the blame for years of neglect and incompetence home to Malthouse if it eases your pain.
The only thing in this world worth more than a hill of beans is the Carlton Football Club.

Reply #156

Oh, come off it. When Port only had 3 wins in 2011, and 5 wins in 2012, everyone called them a basket case of a club.
'
They still had a decent spine with forwards that kicked goals from everywhere.

Reply #157

'

So no credit to Hinkley for turning around their on field fortunes? No credit to Koch for turning around their off field fortunes? It's only because they have a decent spine with forwards who kick goals from everywhere...

Reply #158

I've been on about our woeful recruiting for many years, which has been and remains our number one problem in my opinion, along with a delusional and arrogant culture.
Appointing an untried coach from the second division of the Eastern Suburbs league with virtually no senior experience, on the basis of his being a club champion, was utter madness, I said so at the time and nothing that happened in Ratten's 5 years in charge convinced me otherwise.
He got the gig to appease the supporters, to bring the Carlton back to Carlton, it was insane and the end result of that madness is where we find ourselves now.
But by all means sheet the blame for years of neglect and incompetence home to Malthouse if it eases your pain.

x2
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #159

'

So no credit to Hinkley for turning around their on field fortunes? No credit to Koch for turning around their off field fortunes? It's only because they have a decent spine with forwards who kick goals from everywhere...

We do not have the same problems as Port Adelaide.

7 Years ago they were a top side.... where were we 7 years ago?

Reply #160

No I'm not, that is exactly you....and your x2 Baggers.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #161

No I'm not, that is exactly you....and your x2 Baggers.

Actually we're trying to point out to you that the issue is much bigger than just the Senior Coach, but you just seem unable to expand your thinking beyond Ratts/MM.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #162

'

We do not have the same problems as Port Adelaide.

7 Years ago they were a top side.... where were we 7 years ago?

Yes, we know where we were 7 years ago. But you'd hope 7 years later that some of the top draft picks would be on top of their games and actually influencing wins by now. FFS!

Reply #163
Obviously mm came to us to top up he's super and helped daisy top he's up too.at the moment he would have to be the worst recruit in the league for the money he is being paid.for all the crap about gut running leadership and disposal he ain't shown crap.should be dropped but that won't happen who is mm going to kick the ball with

Reply #164
Obviously mm came to us to top up he's super and helped daisy top he's up too.at the moment he would have to be the worst recruit in the league for the money he is being paid.for all the crap about gut running leadership and disposal he ain't shown crap.should be dropped but that won't happen who is mm going to kick the ball with

Also helped Wiley, Laidley and Buttifant with their super as well.

They're really earning their dough as well.
You can fool some of the people some of the time.......................................