Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 74128 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #225
Yeah It was joke, they threw in the towel. Wierd shiat, can you imagine the calls of tanking if that happened here ? . I think they spat the dummy because of the injury to their star player and the suspension of their captain.

Brazil were literally hanging in the tournament by a thread. They lost their best playmaker (Neymar) and their best defender (Silva) due to injury and suspension, conceded an early goal and proceeded to go to water at the back. All tournament their full backs were getting way too far forward to attack and had got away with it but no chance of doing that against Die Mannschaft, they will slice through your defence like a hot knife through butter and they did....over and over again. Poor old CB David Luis their 22 year old make shift captain had no idea what was going on, and he was at fault for plenty.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #226
David Luiz, the most expensive bag of sh1te in history, or spot betting with Indian bookmakers? :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #227
The sad part if you are Brazilian is that Germany didnt even need to hit 80% rat power.

It was awful defending from a group of players who play for Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, and Chelsea to name a few.

Honestly, the art of defending has slipped dramatically over the last decade.

Cannavaro at his best was the last of the great ones. Even Italy are producing pedestrian defenders these days.

I still rate the Nesta Cannavaro defensive pairing against Holland in a semi at Euro 2000 as one the greatest defensive efforts ever. That was defending with Coglioni

If Varane and Thiago Silva are the best going around, its a sad indictment on the craft.
I found my thrills, on Windy Pills

Reply #228
Perhaps this is fundamentally a flaw in the Brazilian game plan, which is often 100% attack, but if you go 100% attack and the opposition can defend you're fecked! ;)
The Force Awakens!

Reply #229
Love to see Miroslav Klose win a WC.. a real gentleman of the game and well respected....no drama queen stuff /bites/diving etc....just a good professional soccer player.

Reply #230
Prediction = Argentina to win 2-1
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #231
I just pray the Dutch win.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #232
Would not put it past the dirty Dutch. But I hope the Argies get in.
Keep the Faith

Reply #233
This is a disgracefully defensive game shame oh shame.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #234
Massive yawnfest.

DU, this game would have been a perfect opportunity for you to catch up on some much needed sleep.

Reply #235
Thank God the Dutch did not get through can you imagine they did and then went to 0-0 in the final and won on penalties again? That was their aim IMO and you cannot have a team winning the World Cup on the back of three 0-0 penalty shootout victories.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #236
I really hope Argentina wins the WORLD CUP ,it will do wonders for the confidence of the people , pride and give a boost to their ailing economy,.
Can you imagine how the Brazilians would feel if the Argentines beat Germany on their home soil,would be like Man City winning the premier league at Old Trafford,     

Reply #237
Based on what I saw this morning, I think Woodstock and Elwood's boys deserve to start warm favourites.

Reply #238
Based on what I saw this morning, I think Woodstock and Elwood's boys deserve to start warm favourites.

I think they will Paul but its down to Messi and the Argentine goalie to mess it up for the Germans(pardon the pun).....Messi can win the game by freaky brilliance and their goalie is very good but will need to be as the Germans have controlled all games they have played and have plenty of firepower to score.
Two contrasting teams IMO and lets hope its a game of skill and doesnt come down to some dumb referees decision.....

Reply #239
Want Argentina to win but cant see it happening. Germany are the best team in the world and the possession will be something rediculous like 70-30 in their favour.

If Di Maria plays, not sure on his status, they are a chance he is in my opinion their most important player. He basically plays as a striker, winger and no.10 for them.