Skip to main content
Topic: 2014 World Cup. (Read 74132 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2014 World Cup.

Reply #240
Agree on Di Maria. Carried Real Madrid over the line in the Champion's League final as well. Just can't see die Mannschaft getting beat, they beat pretty much the same Argentinian side 4-0 in the last World Cup. Argentina look far tighter at the back this time around but at what cost? Lionel Messi having one shot on goal in 120 minutes of football says it all.

Germany 2-0 Argentina
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #241
Argentina to win.  History on their side, no European team has won a world cup in South America and I don't expect that to change.  Germany were clinical against Brazil, but I think that was more Brazil capitulation than German brilliance.  They didn't even have to pick apart that defence, it was open for the taking.

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #242
I hope Argentina win.
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #244
Is the "World Cup" still going?  ;)

It must be the most drawn out sporting competition ever (where's the ducking for cover emoticon?)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #245
@DJC The sport deserves a "Ducking for cover " emoticon before anything else!! LOL!!
IN WADA WE TRUST

Reply #246

It must be the most drawn out sporting competition ever (where's the ducking for cover emoticon?)
bad pun.

I don't see how they could do it faster though, it's been three weeks and the finalists are about to play game six.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #247

Soft sport, full of corrupt players staging for penalties, who also appear to practice acting more than their football skills.

It's boring now and should have been over three weeks ago!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #248
You could make it shorter by dropping it down to 16 teams only to qualify instead of 32.

The Aussies would never make qualify if that happened though...

Loving the extra fta sport, throw in Le Tour too. Good value during the cold winter months here.

Reply #249
Ok the last game, the premiership of soccer. My tip is Germany but I'd like Argentina to win because we have several members of family who migrated there from Italy. Good luck to both sides and thanks for an entertaining month.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #250
Ok the last game, the premiership of soccer. My tip is Germany but I'd like Argentina to win because we have several members of family who migrated there from Italy. Good luck to both sides and thanks for an entertaining month.
You of Italian decent DU?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #251
Wasn't sure who I wanted to win then I saw Angela Merkel singing the German anthem and I knew straight away I was going for Argentina! :P

Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #252
Wasn't sure who I wanted to win then I saw Angela Merkel singing the German anthem and I knew straight away I was going for Argentina! :P

What a way to start the week. Die Mannschaft delivers. Fantastic World Cup.
Keep the Faith

Reply #253
One of the worst finals I've seen however. I think it was a great Cup up until the quarter finals. Full credit to the Germans they deserved their win. Merkel can still eat a dick though.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #254
Very late on this one but it made me LOL