Skip to main content
Topic: NRL Broncos Announce Wayne Bennett As Coach In 2015 (Read 3290 times) previous topic - next topic

NRL Broncos Announce Wayne Bennett As Coach In 2015

There are some things that I just cannot ever understand about the NRL and it is the way players, and now a senior coach, announce mid-season that they are going elsewhere next season.

The current Brisbane Broncos coach has been told today he is being punted in favour of super-coach Wayne Bennett who is currently at Newcastle.

What does an announcement like this do for morale at both clubs ??
"The Other Teams Can Rot In Hell"

Re: NRL Broncos Announce Wayne Bennett As Coach In 2015

Reply #1
It's a ridiculous state of affairs and I hope (don't think) it will ever happen in our game.

How would you go if you're playing in a grand final for one side having already signed for the following season with the one you're playing against.

They generally seem to manage OK with the mid season signings but I suspect that's because the movements are so  common.
Does very little for club loyalty which is virtually non-existent

Reply #2
Pardon my ignorance, but are the Broncos any chance of challenging this year?
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #3
It's a ridiculous state of affairs and I hope (don't think) it will ever happen in our game.

How would you go if you're playing in a grand final for one side having already signed for the following season with the one you're playing against.

They generally seem to manage OK with the mid season signings but I suspect that's because the movements are so  common.
Does very little for club loyalty which is virtually non-existent

Agree - it's been like this for too long.

Chris - they're currently 6th on the ladder, I doubt they can seriously challenge.

Reply #4
In way this happened to us last time, and if our first six rounds of next year are crap, then odds are the Roos rumours will begin. 

"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson