Skip to main content
Topic: Carlton B & F (Read 30154 times) previous topic - next topic

Carlton B & F

I find club best and fairest voting fascinating as at times it will differ (sometimes dramatically) from public and media perception.

What it does indicate is how well certain players have 'done their specific job' on the day.

With this in mind, I think  that Everett will pick up votes, as will White and Curnow.   Not always high possession winner, but if given a task and are successful, it is generally acknowledged in game voting at a club level.

We can speculate club and team expectations of players on any given day, but we don't really know!  The B&F will reveal a lot....IMO

Re: Carlton B & F

Reply #1
Gibbs by the length of the Flemington straight....

Reply #3
1 Gibbs
2 Simpson
3 Rowe
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
1. Gibbs
2. Judd
3. Rowe

Reply #5
Can't go past the Jim Park results as a guide so it has to be:

1 - Gibbs
2 - Murphy
3 - Simpson

If there's a most improved award, it would have to go to Rowe.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #6
Will there be a 'smokie' in the top 6??

Reply #9
Gibbs is a cert. I think Jamo may finish top 5. He held some very good forwards to very low scores this season.

Reply #11
1 : Gibbs
2 : Simpson
3 : Yarran
This is now the longest premiership drought in the history of the Carlton Football Club - more evidence of climate change?

Reply #12
1. Gibbs
2. Simpson
3. Murphy
4. Yarran
5. Judd (but not sure if the voting system helps a guy who missed half the season)
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #13
1 : Gibbs
2 : Simpson
3 : Yarran

Add Murphy and there's your top 4 I reckon.

I'm guessing that Rowe would be a good chance for a top 10 finish, which would be a good result for him and well deserved.
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #14
1. Gibbs
2. Simpson
3. Murphy
4. Yarran
5. Judd (but not sure if the voting system helps a guy who missed half the season)

You can get a bunch of votes very quickly with our system (each coach can vote for up to 8 players and give up to 10 votes) or do you mean more about the politics? :P

I think this list is about right but I'd swap Yarran and Judd.