Skip to main content
Topic: Super Bizzarro Sports  (Read 4355 times) previous topic - next topic

Super Bizzarro Sports

This is a thread for strange, unusual and impressive sports performances...

Here's a really strange one to kick it off.
This basketball coach won by over 150 points.....and got himself suspended.
No compassion :D
We should have had that rule in place from 2003-7 ;)

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8948513

Re: Super Bizzarro Sports

Reply #1
Talk about OTT PC !!  ::)

Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #2
I dont see why this bloke is copping a suspension.

His team demolished their opposition and good on him for telling them not to take the foot off the throat.

Its too bad we havent been ruthless enough over the journey with the same mentality at our side.  We would have been unbeaten in 1995 if we had.
"everything you know is wrong"

Paul Hewson

Reply #3
Its too bad we havent been ruthless enough over the journey with the same mentality at our side.  We would have been unbeaten in 1995 if we had.
The players' post-season trip would have been much less impressive!

Reply #4
When I coached junior basketball, it was expected that you would back off once you got 20 points up.  That meant playing a fairly passive zone defence but it's very hard to stop kids playing to the best of their ability.  Of course, that was only in a domestic competition.  Rep ball didn't have a mercy rule.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #5
When I coached junior basketball, it was expected that you would back off once you got 20 points up.  That meant playing a fairly passive zone defence but it's very hard to stop kids playing to the best of their ability.  Of course, that was only in a domestic competition.  Rep ball didn't have a mercy rule.

I coached both formats and I still backed the kids off in rep grading games when we were thumping opposing teams, you have an obligation to build the game ......what used to annoy me was junior coaches playing Zone especially when they had a significant size advantage.
I'd let them know what I thought too....especially Eltham teams... >:(

Reply #6

I coached both formats and I still backed the kids off in rep grading games when we were thumping opposing teams, you have an obligation to build the game ......what used to annoy me was junior coaches playing Zone especially when they had a significant size advantage.
I'd let them know what I thought too....especially Eltham teams... >:(

Something else we have in common EB  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball