Skip to main content
Topic: Amazing end to Packers v Seahawks (Read 10426 times) previous topic - next topic

Amazing end to Packers v Seahawks

Late in the last quarter (with less than 4 minutes on the clock IIRC), GB was up by 13 points.  Russell Wilson had been pretty ineffective The Seahawks did have a touchdown to their credit, but it was thrown by the kicker, Ryan, on a field goal fake.

The Seahawks then marched down the field and scored a touchdown to get within 6 points with 2 minutes and change to go. 

Naturally enough, the Seahawks went for the onside kick.  It went straight to a Packers Tight-end who tried to catch it in front of his face.  Incredibly, it was a falcon as he failed to bring his hands together or set his thumbs.  The Seahawks recovered and subsequently Lynch ran it in for a touchdown with 1 min 25 left. 

Being 1 point up, the Seahawks went for the 2 point conversion.  The pass rush flushed Wilson out of the pocket and he was forced to retreat.  In desperation, he threw up a Hail Mary that didn't even reach the end zone, albeit only by a yard or so.  The Seahawk who was under it had a guy on him, Clinton-Dix, who inexplicably failed to read it completely, allowing an uncontested reception and allowing his opponent into the End zone.

From there, the Packers scored a field goal to take it into overtime but then gave up a touchdown on the first drive via a deep throw down the middle. 

Wow, what a choke!

Re: Amazing end to Packers v Seahawks

Reply #1
Shattered mate. Watched it and devo'd we lost from there.

2 missed 1 yard conversions in the first half really cost us though.

And Wilson with his lucky hail Mary's late in the game... spewing!

Reply #2
next .....

Reply #3
I cant think of a more stupid game than NFL. Just my opinion. Cant stand the thing.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #4
I can't stand soccer.  American football is my 2nd favourite football code.  Wouldn't mind seeing some Gaelic footy but that is never shown.

Reply #5
I can't stand soccer.  American football is my 2nd favourite football code.  Wouldn't mind seeing some Gaelic footy but that is never shown.
I cant stand soccer either but can at least I can watch it in small doses unlike NFL.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #6
Shattered mate. Watched it and devo'd we lost from there.

2 missed 1 yard conversions in the first half really cost us though.

And Wilson with his lucky hail Mary's late in the game... spewing!

Ditto. Too depressing to even think about it at the moment.

Go the Pats in the SB !!
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #7
Being a vikings fan...this is like hearing that the pies choked in a prelim final.

As it happens, NFL is my second favourite sport too. Seattle is my second favourite team. I saw a Vikings vs Seattle game @ Seattle in 2012. Loved the city and adopted them as my #2.

I am yet to see someone who understands NFL but still doesn't like it.

Its a tricky game to get your head around, and there are a lot of subtleties to learn, but when you do, you can't help but fall in love with it.

Its like chess....with meatheads instead of pieces.

Reply #8
I understand it and I don't really like it. I don't dislike it. I put it in with rugby will watch the Grand Final or Superbowl and that's about it. I've watched a couple of NFL films on ESPN though they go alright for sure.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #9
I understand it and I don't really like it. I don't dislike it. I put it in with rugby will watch the Grand Final or Superbowl and that's about it. I've watched a couple of NFL films on ESPN though they go alright for sure.

Not trying to pick on you, or anyone, but there is a difference between being able to follow it and understand it.

3 attemps and punt is very much like rugby league 5 tackles and kick.

But its much more detailed than that.

Reply #10

Not trying to pick on you, or anyone, but there is a difference between being able to follow it and understand it.

3 attemps and punt is very much like rugby league 5 tackles and kick.

But its much more detailed than that.

Having watched a few NFL films I am well aware of that. ;) I never compared it to rugby in terms of how the game is played, I said it's on par in terms of enjoyment for me.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #11
Been a Philly fan since the '70s, lot of angst and heart ache, but that comeback in context rivaled ours of 1970. One of the best games I've seen in a long time, what about the fake Touch down by the punter......
I was there, Blight missed!!!

Reply #12
If you wanna see the end.....its on ESPN2 now.

Seattle just got the ball, 12 points down.
5 mins to go in the last.

Its about to happen.

Reply #13
OMG his teammate jumped on him after the interception like they had it won! ROFL
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!