Skip to main content
Topic: Amazing end to Packers v Seahawks (Read 10425 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Amazing end to Packers v Seahawks

Reply #15
"You just dropped a super bowl appearance?"

Reply #16
ZOMG Bostick, my missus felt sorry for him but I reminded her of all his millions of dollars.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #17
Yep, this is the thing that has been ignored by those who have merely focussed on whether NFL is fun or not.  It's all about 2 amazing chokes within a minute which cost the Packers a Superbowl appearance.  While I was typing the OP, I also thought of the Steve Waugh comment that Kruddler referenced.  Whatever the sport, these critical blunders can be understood by everyone.  In particular, Aussie Rules fans would all be amazed at how such an easy catch was dropped by Bostik as that's an integral part of our game.  KB on SEN even covered it and asked everyone to nominate other classic blunders that will live on in infamy.  It's not just something for dyed-in-the-wool NFL supporters.

Reply #18
Shattered mate. Watched it and devo'd we lost from there.

2 missed 1 yard conversions in the first half really cost us though.

And Wilson with his lucky hail Mary's late in the game... spewing!

Ditto. Too depressing to even think about it at the moment.

Go the Pats in the SB !!

I think the Pats would have found it difficult to beat Green Bay. They have a much better chance against the Seahawks. I would really love to see my favourite team in my second favourite sport win their fourth Super Bowl. They have been very stiff in their two most recent appearances. Already booked a day off work to watch it. Go Pats!,

Reply #19

I think the Pats would have found it difficult to beat Green Bay. They have a much better chance against the Seahawks. I would really love to see my favourite team in my second favourite sport win their fourth Super Bowl. They have been very stiff in their two most recent appearances. Already booked a day off work to watch it. Go Pats!,

The Packers are my favorite and NFC team, the Pats are my 2nd favorite and AFC team.
I was hoping I would get to see them play off in the SB !!

Sadly Green Bay didn't come to the party. :( :(
Mens sana in corpore sano - A healthy mind in a healthy body.

Navy, it's not just a color, it's an attitude !!!

Reply #20
I thought we were there with the packers last interception... but alas...

I have mon & tues off (recovery). As chieft brewer for the event, I've brewed 5 different beers for the big get together at my mates place. 100L of beer should last us this time.

We polished off 3.5 kegs at last years (20L kegs) game day... (15- 25 guys attended during various parts of the day).

Hence the tues recovery day!

Reply #21
I'm a Paaaats Maaaaan! Beee ra ba borom bom! :D
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #22
Yep, this is the thing that has been ignored by those who have merely focussed on whether NFL is fun or not.  It's all about 2 amazing chokes within a minute which cost the Packers a Superbowl appearance.  While I was typing the OP, I also thought of the Steve Waugh comment that Kruddler referenced.  Whatever the sport, these critical blunders can be understood by everyone.  In particular, Aussie Rules fans would all be amazed at how such an easy catch was dropped by Bostik as that's an integral part of our game.  KB on SEN even covered it and asked everyone to nominate other classic blunders that will live on in infamy.  It's not just something for dyed-in-the-wool NFL supporters.

Coach gave Bostick a fair bake afterwards did you notice? Not like he wouldn't have realised what a crucial error it was. Can you imagine an AFL coach doing that after such a crucial error in a Prelim. Maybe Mick to Robbo but that's about it. :P
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #23
The set-up makes it easier for blasts to be delivered.  As a Tight End, he's an offensive player and once there was a turnover he had to go to the sidelines.  Unfortunately, that's where the coach stands.

At least in the AFL the first rocket is delivered by the runner who may well soften the message and even if the player is dragged the coach usually has to deliver the spray by phone and the delay might allow the coach to calm down a bit.  Only rarely does an AFL coach storm down to the interchange bench and try to throttle his player as Stan Alves did with Craig Devonport!

Still, it makes for great theatre.