Skip to main content
Topic: NAB Challenge- Round 1 Carlton v WCE (Read 58126 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Tonight

Reply #30
Doesn't look too bad.

Considering 10 of our best players aren't playing I am rather impressed by some of the efforts.

Reply #31
Simon White BOG???

Cripps back on the ground after another stinger, serious or not?

No accident WCE's top six are all 10 year players.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #32
Didn't expect us to win but I thought I'd see something a little more heartening from our youngsters. 

Bell has a huge heart and engine but no brains.  He's a liability.

Reply #33
Didn't expect us to win but I thought I'd see something a little more heartening from our youngsters. 

Bell has a huge heart and engine but no brains.  He's a liability.
This
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #34
Observations from ground level (ie hard to see)

Eagles have full strength midfield vs Curnow and Bell. Should smash us but breaking even.

Defence set up was Rowe, Fields, Jaksch, Byrne, Dick and Yarran.
Tell me they are going to click... They are very lost.

Jones and Watson, lazy, not working. Compared to JK, just sitting back and waiting

Cas working Hard as is Bell.

Boekhorst great tackle in defence. Lucas ghosting out the back looking for cheapies.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #35
Quote... "Jones and Watson, lazy, not working".

The last thing I wanted to read tonight.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #36
Take absolutely no notice of this game.

Not a skerrick.
Not one iota

It is the most meaningless game rendered even moreso by wind conditions that we're unlikely to see at all in the season proper.

Forwards have absolutely no opportunity to show anything when the ball doesn't reach them in one half and gets bombed on or over their heads in the second half.

The midfield is mostly back in Melbourne and if they're not they're watching from the stands meaning that young ones and fringe players have to step up a dozen notches to what they'll be required to do in the actual season.

Pre-season games usually mean nothing but this one really takes the cake.

Reply #37
Lucky I bought a record Lods.

Conditions and ground are perfect though. Bit of breeze but dropped right off.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #38
Wood just took the sort of mark that Warnock never takes.  The kicking was similar though.

Reply #39
Don't care about the result, but would like to take something out of the game. So far can take nothing out of the game. NOTHING!
Eat more chooks

Reply #40
Lucky I bought a record Lods.

Conditions and ground are perfect though. Bit of breeze but dropped right off.

You must be at a different ground Shades.  :D
The Eagles kick out is nearly reaching the centre circle :P

Reply #41
How does Tutt look?

Reply #42
Liking the look of Cripps.  Not flashy but does the hard things. Loved Broeky's run.

Reply #44
Eagles maturity is working us over all over the ground.

Most of all, its the subtle things that their wiley veterans are doing that is giving us no chance.
Example...
How many time have we worked into the wind and been forced to kick to the 'dead pocket'. Every time! Their backs are cutting off one half of our forward line and forcing us to lead to a spot where, according to Schofield, it is impossible to score from.
Casboult, Wood, Johnson all had shots from there - for 0.2.

Throw Hendo, into the side and suddenly Casboult and Jones are getting the 2nd and 3rd best defenders, rather than 1st and 2nd.

Positives...
k-jax is out there and doing ok. Considering his year was over in some peoples minds, he may be available come R1. Bonus.
Fields keeps bopping up. Everytime #37 comes up, i have to check who it was that just caught my eye. Its always Fields.
Curnow - he's fit and healthy and over his injury. Should be in R1.

Otherwise, plenty of kids getting a crack and seeing what its all about. Which is what this is all about.