Skip to main content
Topic: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood  (Read 50487 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Round 5 preview Carlton v Collingwood

Reply #120
Jacksh, Whiley, Boekhorst, Cripps, Buckley all in the same team.
Great glimpse into the future.

Looking forward to seeing these blokes for sure and the first time we get to see the three players we got for our pick #7 in action together. This is looking like an extremely shrewd trade by us ATM. If Whiley is a player as well then look out. Very disappointed however to see no Graham again and no Watto. If you're on the outer at Carlton you're on the outer.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #121
Like the ins this week! Particularly looking forward to seein Whiley. We look like a half decent chance on paper if we fire up this week. Will be watching with great interest.

Hope Levi can find his goal kicking boots in the NBs this week (if he doesn't come in as a late change).
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #122
Jamo looked proppy last week will he be a late omission for the Boult?

Casboult playing on Cloke - I wonder whether they'd swap notes on goal kicking  ;)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #123
Carlton:
B: Dylan Buckley, Michael Jamison, Kristian Jaksch.
HB: Zach Tuohy, Sam Rowe, Sam Docherty.
C: Ed Curnow, Chris Judd, Andrew Walker
HF: Andrejs Everitt, Lachie Henderson, Bryce Gibbs.
F: Dennis Armfield, Liam Jones, Blaine Boekhorst.
Foll: Cameron Wood, Marc Murphy, Patrick Cripps.
I/C: Tom Bell, David Ellard, Kade Simpson, Mark Whiley.
Emg: Levi Casboult, Matthew Dick, Robert Warnock

Meat Pies:
B: Alan Toovey, Nathan J. Brown, Marley Williams
HB: Tom Langdon, Jack Frost, Tyson Goldsack.
C: Paul Seedsman, Dane Swan, Jack Crisp.
HF: Jamie Elliott, Jesse White, Travis Varcoe.
F: Corey Gault, Travis Cloke, Jarryd Blair.
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Taylor Adams, Scott Pendlebury.
I/C: Sam Dwyer, Jackson Ramsay, Patrick Karnezis, Adam Oxley.
Emg: Jarrod Witts, Jonathon Marsh, Jordan De Goey

I don't like having a single ruckman, although Collingwood have been doing the same. It is a point source error and could be lethal if the opposing ruckman gets on top. I actually do rate Grundy: he is probably the best of the young rucks going around at the moment.
However, our other choice is Warnock.
Collingwood also have a lot of no names, which is usually bad for us. Collingwood's no names usually get their reputations from games against us.
We will also miss Carrots: he usually does a pretty good job on Swan. Not sure who is going to get that job now. We will also miss White: he was doing a good job in the run with roles.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #124
Dick for Jammo if he doesn't come up makes sense.

Great to see Whiley in for Carrots.

Jacksh for Casboult is good.

Like it. Well done selection comm.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #125
I hope Jaksch is 100%. We need him to be our Jack Frost. I am really keen to see if Whiley can play. Did we score a double winner in the trade with Jaksch and Whiley.
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #126
I hope Jaksch is 100%. We need him to be our Jack Frost. I am really keen to see if Whiley can play. Did we score a double winner in the trade with Jaksch and Whiley.

I reckon Whiley will get Pendelbury......big test in your first game for a new club but the same lad did the job on Ablett when playing for GWS so I reckon
he is us up for the challenge.
Jaksch needs the right opponent while he is developing like Goldsack or Karnezis....not a power forward like Cloke or White...

Reply #127
@ Crash

Saw the Pies game last week and I didn't think Grundy looked that good in that one tbh.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #128
I have an unfortunate feeling Whiley will be sub.
"We are a club in a hurry"

#united #reset

Reply #129
How can they drop Levi yet retain Jones?  Who is going to relieve Wood... Rowe?  We all know that doesn't work and we don't have the big bodied defenders to spare against Cloke, White and Gault as it is.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #130
How can they drop Levi yet retain Jones?  Who is going to relieve Wood... Rowe?  We all know that doesn't work and we don't have the big bodied defenders to spare against Cloke, White and Gault as it is.

The club backed itself into a corner with their talking up of Jones. If he's dropped it won't be for a while yet.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #131
Well that's deadest idiocy.  If his form warrants dropping him, drop him.  Shouldn't have pumped up his tyres over the summer, most of us can see through the hype.
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #132
The club backed itself into a corner with their talking up of Jones. If he's dropped it won't be for a while yet.

Tend to agree,  they did talk Jones up but admitting failure by dropping him wont come easily......to be fair though the game plan hasnt exactly
delivered silver service to our tall forwards and he is a player who needs reasonable delivery and not having the ball bombed on his head with a pack of players around him...

Reply #133
Tend to agree,  they did talk Jones up but admitting failure by dropping him wont come easily......to be fair though the game plan hasnt exactly
delivered silver service to our tall forwards and he is a player who needs reasonable delivery and not having the ball bombed on his head with a pack of players around him...

I agree with this 100%. The talls need to lead to free space and the plan needs to be one where they don't crunch packs together. Sure leave Levi in the goal square, but have Hendo and Jones lead to free space. The small forwards need to be further up close the 50m arc to crumb the spills. There is no real point having all the 6 forwards well within the F50m arc. Especially if the defenders drop an extra man in to defend. The forward space becomes way too crowded. I don't like to see what I call a congested forward 50m. It makes it difficult to convert on the score board. Free up space as Jones can take a grab on a lead. So can Henderson. Mick needs to sort this out and fast. If the other side stacks the D50m to guard the goal, we surely have free players that can drift towards the middle of the ground and wings to set up a goal by chipping it to a player on a lead. It also helps us zone a defencive wall to stop the ball from being brought out quickly on a rebound, with a turn over. Why are we not clever enough to mix up our forward movement ? If you can't change your structures, you can surely be clever with where the players move around to confuse the defenders. Yet again, I am the idiot, right ?
This digital world is too much for us insects to understand.

Reply #134
Purely on the numbers, ignoring ruck stuff, Jones has been as effective as Casboult as a forward if not slightly better.

So what does that tell me, probably because of his clunking marks Casboult is often viewed through rose coloured glasses!

Jone's movement around the park is looking pretty good, get him clunking a few more grabs and he could quickly surpass Casboult.

Levi needs to get up and about, and a lot more aggressive.
The Force Awakens!