Skip to main content
Topic: VFL Round #6: Northern Blues vs Essendon (Read 27050 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: VFL Round #6: Northern Blues vs Essendon

Reply #15
Graham BOG. Sure to make the emergency list for next week. At least he's signed up until 2016 so we get so him get another chance under a fair coach.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #16
At least the best includes three blokes that have consistently been in the better players this year, that's a positive.

I'll take 17 possies for Boekhurst, he has to start to find his feet somewhere. 
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #17
Graham BOG. Sure to make the emergency list for next week. At least he's signed up until 2016 so we get so him get another chance under a fair coach.
The saviour.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #18
Doesn't need to be a saviour. Just needs to play 100+ games of good football.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #19
VFL yeah?
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #20
Unfortunately Karroto, the mail I have is that he won't be getting a game anytime soon. Not regarded AFL level and has been told as much by one of the assistants. An assistant who has been bandied about as a potential replacement for Mick. Only what I've heard.

Reply #21
Unfortunately Karroto, the mail I have is that he won't be getting a game anytime soon. Not regarded AFL level and has been told as much by one of the assistants. An assistant who has been bandied about as a potential replacement for Mick. Only what I've heard.
Wow if that's the case what does it say for the rest of them, he is one of the leading lights ins NBs

Reply #22
Why is our VFL team playing on a Sunday befor an interstate Friday game? Players selected from the VFL to cover injuries or dropped players will not have had an adequate preparation.

Reply #24
Not regarded AFL level and has been told as much by one of the assistants.
I'm shocked.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #25
I'm shocked.

You shouldn't be, several of us on the forum have been posting for sometime about the poor development of our players.

They go back to the NBs and go backwards at a rapid rate, we never have players coming into the AFL in red hot form, it just never happens. Our development coaches are oxygen and confidence thieves, stealing a living from our club and retaining their jobs by finger-pointing at the very players that they are supposed to be encouraging, developing and teaching!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #26

Surely not. Graham is not getting a game simply because big bad mick plays favourites. Once we slay the big meanie weanie coach everything will magically turn around and we'll become a juggernaut again.

At least that's what i'm lead to believe by many on here.  :-\

Perhaps Mick doesn't play the kid because he isn't good enough. Radical thinking i know.

Reply #27
Perhaps Mick doesn't play the kid because he isn't good enough. Radical thinking i know.

It's just not feasible that given the amount testing done on players at pre-draft camps that we could have such a poor success rate.

Many of these kids have already past a number of significant tests just to get to the testing stage, and are then rated highly enough to be draft picks not just rookies, yet the vast majority of them fail at Carlton. It's untenable that so many are purely spuds, coaching must be contributing to the problem!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
Surely not. Graham is not getting a game simply because big bad mick plays favourites. Once we slay the big meanie weanie coach everything will magically turn around and we'll become a juggernaut again.

At least that's what i'm lead to believe by many on here.  :-\

Mick does know a fair bit about playing blokes who are not good enough.....played Warnock in place of Carrazzo vs Geelong..both radical, illogical and unsuccessful, recalled Liam Jones after he slayed them in the NB's??..not....another master stroke of success...not
Graham's form has warranted a decent run at senior level by any normal person's rationale...

Reply #29
It's just not feasible that given the amount testing done on players at pre-draft camps that we could have such a poor success rate.

Many of these kids have already past a number of significant tests just to get to the testing stage, and are then rated highly enough to be draft picks not just rookies, yet the vast majority of them fail at Carlton. It's untenable that so many are purely spuds, coaching must be contributing to the problem!

Not doubting any of that. I've said for a long time that development is a big problem at our club.....this extends well before Mick arrived.