Skip to main content
Topic: Trumpled (Alternative Leading) (Read 390393 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Trumpled (Alternative Leading)

Reply #3165
The jury found Trump guilty of sexual battery and defamation and awarded US$5m to E Jean Carroll. But it didn’t find that he raped her. Pity. There isn’t really a way of boiling down sexual battery into a nickname as biting as Trump the Rapist.

Reply #3166
The jury found Trump guilty of sexual battery and defamation and awarded US$5m to E Jean Carroll. But it didn’t find that he raped her. Pity. There isn’t really a way of boiling down sexual battery into a nickname as biting as Trump the Rapist.
I heard someone refer to him the other day as "The Sasquatch", I thought it fit quite nicely.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3167
It would be funny to hear his GOP opponents in Primary debates call him the Predator. More chance though that Biden would respond to Trump’s predictable attempts to recycle the Crooked Hilary thing during debates. Can you imagine how Trump would lose it!

The word Predator would also have resonance in MAGA world. Back in the 90s, the GOP was happily bandying around the idea that blacks were Superpredators with superhuman strength who had to be tamed with harsh laws (and unfortunately Biden didn’t stand in their way in order to help Clinton politically). MAGA wingnuts are now trying to brand teachers and librarians who refuse to join in the Pogrom against transsexuals as predators (as well as the more mundane claims they’re groomers and paedophiles).

It’s amazing that a party that has so many perverts in it sees sex offenders everywhere but are happy to ignore their own perversions. Jim Jordan (now the chair of the House Judiciary Committee) was an assistant wrestling coach at a university while the team doctor was busy groping team members. Even though 6 wrestlers say they complained to Jordan, he has stuck with the Sgt Shultz defence. Gaetz was lucky to avoid charges of transporting a 17 year old across State lines for the purposes of prostitution (but his close political friend was jailed over it).

Milo Yiannopoulos was a top far right commentator on social media. He fed his followers red meat and they loved it, despite the fact he’s gay. Perhaps being gay was a plus as they like to have members of a minority who are prepared to attack their own: think Diamond & Silk and Ye. But Milo was always a crapstirrer rather than being happy to carve out a niche as “they’re gay”. And his popularity plummeted when he argued that it could well be a good thing for a male teacher to have a loving sexual relationship with his 14 year old student. I can’t get out of my head the Monty Python song “I’m a Lumberjack” where the chorus is fully with Michael Palin until he goes fully into cross dressing and then they finally erupt!

Oddly enough, though, Milo is still an influential far right commentator which seems odd when he has espoused actual paedophilia. It seems real paedophilia is less of a problem than fake paedophilia that’s used as a political weapon.

Reply #3168
I think if Biden is smart he'll just shake his head and describe events as a sad low for US Politics.

There is nothing he can do or say that will sway Trump's apparatchiks, all Biden can do is try his best to influence the undecided.

I'm not sure it makes sense to bait Trump, the media are going to do that now, all you need is to force him to the front of the cameras over some issue or another and they'll surely do the job for you! The settlement will only raise more questions than it has silenced.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3169
Oddly enough, though, Milo is still an influential far right commentator which seems odd when he has espoused actual paedophilia. It seems real paedophilia is less of a problem than fake paedophilia that’s used as a political weapon.
It's not that odd though, because it has nothing to do with what is real, it's about what some people want to believe, like the birthplace conspiracy.

An associate of mine describes it as the what-if scenario, the fake circumstances that have spread across the media growing out of reality television into mainstream, they aren't founded in reality, they are gossip built on innuendo and rumours, they need no basis in truth to propagate.

Science has now shown once you hear these weird claims, even if you consciously and overtly proclaim how fake they are, you can't helped but have your future line of thought influenced by them. They actually weaken your train of thought making you more likely to accept some future bizarre assertion, or at least force you to hesitate before you discount an absurdity.

There is even some science floating around that suggests if you respond negatively to a carefully crafted supposition, the chance of you accepting the next claim increases regardless of how bizarre that claim might be. It's like you are a victim of your own brains logical relativity, the merchant of it's own doubt!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3170
Interesting. Juror 77 who joined in the unanimous jury verdict (under NY law, verdicts must be unanimous), was a bit of a MAGA fan. He survived an application to dismiss him for inferred bias as he had listened on a few occasions over the preceding 6 months to a podcast by Tim Pool, a far-right, pro-Trump commentator aligned with Steve Bannon. Strangely enough, Trump’s lawyer was forced to argue that a political affiliation didn’t mean bias, although Trump has smeared anyone who might vote for Democrats as clearly biased against him. The trial judge denied the application.

I had assumed E Jean Carroll had been lucky to score a jury full of Democrats, which wasn’t far fetched because NY is a very Blue State. But there was a Trump-friendly juror who could have vetoed any verdict against Trump. Maybe he did a deal to go along with the verdict if the rape allegation wasn’t proven. Trump is already trying to paint it as a verdict by a jury of biased Democrats under the direction of a biased Democratic judge who manipulated the trial to ensure a verdict against him. Yet the jury had a far-right-leaning juror and the judge allowed him to stay on the jury.

In a haunting reminder of how Trump has attacked democratic institutions using stochastic terrorism (making calls for action against his enemies in the hope that some will use violence against them), the trial judge advised the jury to remain anonymous as they had during the trial by his order. He suggested that the 15 minutes of fame they might receive by appearing in the media was not worth the consequences that might flow. And he told the jurors that any juror who took that risk should not identify any other juror and put them in harms way. My God, this a former POTUS and the judge, rightly, gave the jury advice he would have given in the case of the criminal trial of a Mafia Don.

Reply #3171
My God, this a former POTUS and the judge, rightly, gave the jury advice he would have given in the case of the criminal trial of a Mafia Don.
So who is worse, Trump or Putin?
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3172
Trump wants to be Putin. He wants to destroy democratic institutions so he can be as autocratic as Putin. But if he manages it, he’ll be far more powerful than Putin given Russia’s weakened state.

Reply #3173

Like asking if you'd rather be belted in the plums by a cricket or baseball bat.

Or... being asked whether you'd prefer to drink a litre of arsenic or strychnine.

Either way, same result.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #3174

Hard call!

I think that Putin is smarter than Aurangzeb so I'll go with the latter; an intellectually challenged, narcissistic sociopath is probably more dangerous than your run of the mill narcissistic sociopath.  Context is an issue too; the US system and half the populace wouldn't stand for the usurpation of power, Putin is already there.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3175
Like asking if you'd rather be belted in the plums by a cricket or baseball bat.

Or... being asked whether you'd prefer to drink a litre of arsenic or strychnine.

Either way, same result.
I might be naive here but Putin is a screwen animal that should captured and tortured for as many days as the war in Ukraine has lasted and then cut up into little pieces on the steps of the Kremlin on live TV. Trump is fwit but an animal who mows down cities, women and children he is not. Perspective kids.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #3176
I might be naive here but Putin is a screwen animal that should captured and tortured for as many days as the war in Ukraine has lasted and then cut up into little pieces on the steps of the Kremlin on live TV. Trump is fwit but an animal who mows down cities, women and children he is not. Perspective kids.

Fair points G2C.

My argument is that Putin knows what he’s doing, reprehensible as that may be.  Aurangzeb doesn’t know what he’s doing and is potentially more dangerous but, as I said previously, the USA system and people should be able to neutralise Aurangzeb.  Putin already has complete control of Russia, as far that is possible.

So, Putin is worse, as things stand, but Aurangzeb has the potential to outstrip Putin simply because he could gain control of a superpower and would do anything that could further his own interests.

As an aside, Tennessee has banned drag acts and random male musicians are performing in dresses in protest.  It’s a strange place even if you ignore the gun violence.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #3177
Fair points G2C.

My argument is that Putin knows what he’s doing, reprehensible as that may be.  Aurangzeb doesn’t know what he’s doing and is potentially more dangerous but, as I said previously, the USA system and people should be able to neutralise Aurangzeb.  Putin already has complete control of Russia, as far that is possible.

So, Putin is worse, as things stand, but Aurangzeb has the potential to outstrip Putin simply because he could gain control of a superpower and would do anything that could further his own interests.

As an aside, Tennessee has banned drag acts and random male musicians are performing in dresses in protest.  It’s a strange place even if you ignore the gun violence.
Even at his dumbest worst, Trump couldn't commit the atrocities that beast has even if he tried. What makes me sick to the core is that the world has to essentially stand by and watch the maggot do it.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th

Reply #3178
Even at his dumbest worst, Trump couldn't commit the atrocities that beast has even if he tried. What makes me sick to the core is that the world has to essentially stand by and watch the maggot do it.
So you are confident that if Trump thought he could get away with becoming the US version of a War Mongering Oligarch he wouldn't do it, .................. interesting! :o
The Force Awakens!

Reply #3179
So you are confident that if Trump thought he could get away with becoming the US version of a War Mongering Oligarch he wouldn't do it, .................. interesting! :o
Yes that's what I think, Putin is the lowest form of life on the planet by a long way and some of you a drawing a very long bow having him on par with Trump. That animal stands alone on the podium of Kents. As much as I can't stand that moron, fair suck of the sauce bottle re Trump kids.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th