Skip to main content
Topic: R22 Carlton vs CheatsFC Pre Game (Read 52505 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: R22 Carlton vs CheatsFC Pre Game

Reply #105
MCG, Saturday 7:40pm AEST

CARLTON
B: Heath Scotland, Michael Jamison, Lachie Henderson
HB: Zach Tuohy, Andrew McInnes, Bryce Gibbs
C: Chris Yarran, Mitch Robinson, Kade Simpson
HF: Ed Curnow, Andrew Walker, Tom Bell
F: Brock McLean, Levi Casboult, Matthew Kreuzer
Foll: Robert Warnock, Eddie Betts, Marc Murphy
I/C: Jarrad Waite, Nick Graham, Troy Menzel, Dennis Armfield
Emg: David Ellard, Nick Duigan, Aaron Joseph

In: Matthew Kreuzer
Out: Josh Bootsma (Omitted)

ESSENDON
B: Mark Baguley, Tayte Pears, Michael Hibberd
HB: Brendon Goddard, Cale Hooker, Lauchlan Dalgleish
C: Alwyn Davey, Jobe Watson, Jackson Merrett
HF: Michael Hurley, Stewart Crameri, Jake Carlisle
F: Patrick Ryder, Kyle Hardingham, Nick Kommer
Foll: Joe Daniher, Jake Melksham, Heath Hocking
I/C: David Zaharakis, Brent Stanton, Ben Howlett, David Myers
Emg: Nathan Lovett-Murray, Will Hams, Nick O'Brien

In: Patrick Ryder, Jackson Merrett, Michael Hurley, David Myers
Out: Tom Bellchambers (Omitted), Nick O'Brien (Omitted), Dyson Heppell (Ankle), Leroy Jetta (Omitted)

I'd prefer another defender, but I've been worried about team structure for the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Was thinking the same, but there aren't really any defenders screaming out for a game in the NB's. Duigan maybe, but with all their talls we need to stay big in defence, Waite will play back. There aren't any healthy tall defenders available in the 2's.

Reply #106
Waite will play back only if Carlisle goes forward  ;)

Can't gauge this game at all. Will depend how our boys mentally prepare given all the CheatFC issues. You would expect them to be cooked but who knows.
Excuses year 1, blame year 2, contract extention year 3........

Reply #107
Yes, almost certain Waite will play in the back line. Who will be sub is the interesting question for me - probably Graham again unfortunately for him.
Reality always wins in the end.

Reply #108
They'll miss Heppell,  they're also likley be mentally spent knowing deep down that they have SFA chance of playing finals. We should win this.

Glad Warnock (despite Kruizers inclusion), Graham and Menzel are playing.
“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

― Mark Twain

Reply #109
I wish they would stop naming Walker at CHF.  It was funny for the first couple of rounds but it's getting a little tired now.

That is probably the best balanced and most flexible line-ups we have named all season.  I can't see Henderson spending a lot of time in the back half but, if he has to, we can cover that.  The only real question mark is over how Kreuzer and Warnock work together.  If that pans out well, Ryder will be in for a torrid time.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #110
I wish they would stop naming Walker at CHF.  It was funny for the first couple of rounds but it's getting a little tired now.

That is probably the best balanced and most flexible line-ups we have named all season.  I can't see Henderson spending a lot of time in the back half but, if he has to, we can cover that.  The only real question mark is over how Kreuzer and Warnock work together.  If that pans out well, Ryder will be in for a torrid time.

They must've assumed we were going in with 1 recognised ruckman. They didn't even name a ruckman as an emergency so they can't bring one in, but we can always take one out and bring in a mid as a late inclusion. Good thinking from the MC.

Reply #111
Very worried about this game, minus Garlett I am worried speed. Couple of things we need to watch:
Ryder - Generally goes well against us especially when he is down on form coming into our game.
Davey - This hack always gets out the back of our defenders and kicks a bag.
Goddard - Been down, loves playing us.
Scum Spirit - They have shown some amazing spirit against some almighty odds this year, watch em pull it out this week.
2017-16th
2018-Wooden Spoon
2019-16th
2020-dare to dream? 11th is better than last I suppose
2021-Pi$$ or get off the pot
2022- Real Deal or more of the same? 0.6%
2023- "Raise the Standard" - M. Voss Another year wasted Bar Set
2024-Back to the drawing boardNo excuses, its time

Reply #112
Sometimes the most dangerous opponent is the one that seemingly has nothing to lose.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #113
I reckon our B grade outfit will smash them.
Ignorance is bliss.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!

Reply #114
Ryder loves smashing our little blokes... line in the sand time for us with this individual.  Take.  No. More. S$^%
DrE is no more... you ok with that harmonica man?

Reply #115
Ryder loves smashing our little blokes... line in the sand time for us with this individual.  Take.  No. More. S$^%

Hope he tries... bit more mongrel in our side with Dinger and Meat.
Only our ruthless best, from Board to bootstudders will get us no. 17

Reply #116
I think Boult needs to take on this task. 

Stand 10mtrs off, ball coming in high, commence run up, present knee into middle of back, ball spills (MOTY a bonus), job done  ;)

Reply #117

Stand 10mtrs off, ball coming in high, commence run up, present knee into middle of back, ball spills (MOTY a bonus), job done  ;)

Tuohy doesn't do so bad at it either, and Jammo has crunched a few over the pack this season as well!
The Force Awakens!

Reply #118

Tuohy doesn't do so bad at it either, and Jammo has crunched a few over the pack this season as well!
Yeah, I'm thinking body wise, Touhy & Jamo have more chance coming off second best.

Reply #119
Kruezer won't play either Ellard or Joseph for mine.