Skip to main content
Topic: ALFW B&F Thread (Read 21612 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: ALFW B&F Thread

Reply #15
I like the Jim Park format myself, as I do spread my votes around somewhat. But with the questions around of the long term interest, I was a little dubious about tasking people to make such a commitment. 15 votes is a commitment and we don't have that many people who vote for the Jim Park every week.
Assuming the interest continues, we may well head to that format.
As for tallying up the votes, I assumed I was doing it.

So did I, and I didn't want to create more work for you ... unless you really want to do it  :)

I think it's probably best to stick with 3,2,1 and re-evaluate at the end of the season. 
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #16
Between Navy Maven, myself and crash we'll take care of the tallying (and double checking ;D) each week so keeping the format simple this year will mean it won't be too arduous. If we go to an extended format like the Jim Park next year one of the site members might like to take it on as a task.

Reply #17
3 Davey
2 Vescio
1 Exon
Coming together is the beginning.
Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
Henry Ford.

Reply #18
Between Navy Maven, myself and crash we'll take care of the tallying (and double checking ;D) each week so keeping the format simple this year will mean it won't be too arduous. If we go to an extended format like the Jim Park next year one of the site members might like to take it on as a task.
No worries. Give me a shout if you need to.
Live Long and Prosper!

Reply #19
What we'll do is keep the thread open until midnight Thursday then we'll lock it up and tally the votes for the week.

The highest vote winner gets the three, second highest the two and third highest the one.

A possible 24 votes over the eight weeks.

Reply #20
3- Vescio
2- Davey
1- Ayre

Reply #21
1 Vescio
2 Davey
3 Pound

Just need a bit of clarification here...most folk have their 3 vote at the top then there 2 and 1 Kioloa

I've tallied it as 3 votes to Vescio 2 to Davey and 1 vote to Pound...if that's not the case could you let me know

Reply #22
So after a tally of votes for round 1 we are left with the following 3 players

3 Davey
2 Vescio
1 Jakobsson

Reply #23
What we'll do is keep the thread open until midnight Thursday then we'll lock it up and tally the votes for the week.

The highest vote winner gets the three, second highest the two and third highest the one.

A possible 24 votes over the eight weeks.

The electoral college system Lods  :)
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Reply #24
The electoral college system Lods  :)

It's a bit of a "winner (Top 3) takes all" system :D...but the only other player with multiple votes was Arnell (Jakobsson 7, Arnell 5)
So we've pretty well got the top 3 right.

...and Davey clearly won the popular vote ;)

Reply #25
Round 2 Voting is now open

Just vote on a 3, 2, 1 basis.

Reply #26
3. Jakobsson
2. Arnell
1. Loynes

Special mentions to Exon and Davey. I mean it's hard not to have Davey in there as top possession getter, but I reckon the influence of someone like Loynes was more noticeable. 5 tackles and a massive amount of pressure around the ball stopped GWS from getting clean breaks at a number of stations. Arnell led from the front again. Maybe it's the strapped shoulders, but for me she's the women's Juddy. Bulldozed through to get the ball out of stoppages when it counted most.

Reply #27
3. Arnell
2. Exon
1. Davey

Tough to vote, Jakobsson and Audley could have got votes.

I thought Exon's and Audley's attack on the opponents and the pill was, along with Arnell, showed real leadership when the club needed to lift.
The Force Awakens!

Reply #28
I think Jakobsson has been BOG in both of our games.
2012 HAPPENED!!!!!!!

Reply #29
I think Jakobsson has been BOG in both of our games.

She certainly appears to be the most complete player, moves like a footballer, thinks like a footballer.
The Force Awakens!