Skip to main content
Topic: No vilification in the round ball game (Read 2658 times) previous topic - next topic

No vilification in the round ball game

I was interested to see that Dean Bouzanis copped the minimum 5 week ban for racial vilification after calling Besart Berisha a "fudging gypsy". 

Bouzanis got the minimum because he wasn't aware that calling Berisha a "fudging gypsy" was vilification and because he apologised personally and will undertake appropriate training.

I understand that racial vilification is a big issue in the round ball game but I think the AFL could take a leaf out of the FFA's book when it comes to dealing with vilification.
“Why don’t you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don’t you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don’t you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?”  Oddball

Re: No vilification in the round ball game

Reply #1
I was interested to see that Dean Bouzanis copped the minimum 5 week ban for racial vilification after calling Besart Berisha a "fudging gypsy". 

Bouzanis got the minimum because he wasn't aware that calling Berisha a "fudging gypsy" was vilification and because he apologised personally and will undertake appropriate training.

I understand that racial vilification is a big issue in the round ball game but I think the AFL could take a leaf out of the FFA's book when it comes to dealing with vilification.

It's pretty rare that an AFL player tears up or complains from sledging like Berisha did!
The Force Awakens!